Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Welcome a New United States Citizen!

pjfootballer

Hey everyone. As some of you may know, my wife is from Peru. We've been going through the immigration process for about 4 1/2 years. We used a lawyer to initially send the paperwork through, but every since then, my wife has done her own paperwork. She's such a smart lady for someone who could not speak alot of English 4 years ago.

She had her citizenship test and they require you to answer 6 out of 10 questions. She answer the first 6. Perfect score. Then she passed the writing and reading portion. Passed perfect. Then about an hour later they had the ceremony. 28 people representing 17 countries. She was the only one from South America. Alot from India, China and S. Korea/Japan.

She is so proud. She was beaming when she got up this morning and is still on an emotional high.

I'm so proud of her and love her very much.

Thanks to everyone. We always got the questions from people whether we are legit or not. We were set up on a blind date. My ex-boss (female) and my wife's mother went to school together in Peru and when my wife was here on a visitor's visa, she introduced us. We went on some dates and I knew I didn't want her to go back to Peru. If she went back, she would have had to wait 1 year to re-enter. I couldn't wait, so I did the only thing I could do at the time and it was to ask her to marry me. She never expected it.

I went through my 20's never being able to find the right woman. I got into my 30's and I always said if I didn't get married by the time I was 40, I never would. I met her after my 36th birthday. I knew she was the one, and we married 5 months after we met. I don't regret it. Now that we got that part out of the way, we're going to try and start a family. I'll let her read all these responses. She's on the laptop talking to her dad in Peru and telling him the good news.

She told me that when she turned 17 or 18, she always wanted to come to the US, but never thought she would. Her grandmother is a naturalized citizen and she wanted my wife to come here after college. She's come a long way in a short time and is now getting her masters in accounting and taking classes to learn how to do taxes at H & R Block. This from someone who knew only a "few" sentences in English. She took ESOL (English as a Second Language) courses at an adult education center. She "Wanted" to learn English and to this day wants to rid herself of her accent. I love her accent and I don't want her to get rid of it.

Anyway, thanks to all. I just wanted to spread some good news for once.

Pj, you glow of love and pride.

Congrats to you both! :cheers:

Enough...Isn't time to start working on that family thing!!! :cool:

Yeah, that's next. I'll be too old to enjoy them growing up if I wait any longer. But Hef and Tony Randall fathered children late, so as long as I take my Bloodpressure pills, I'll be alright.

Archived