Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

It's really a shame we can't mail each other beer. My Nephew drinks Pliny the Elder like I drink Loose Cannon. I've never had a Pliny the Elder. There are amazing breweries I've yet to try. Gotta roadtrip to Colorado and Cali, hit the big breweries.

I'm having a Dead Rise right now. For a 5.6% beer, this flavor has a damn good strength to it. Kicks harder than the 60 Minute IPA, which I just had. That's saying something. I do not think it's a novelty, I think it's legitimately good. What from Flying Dog is better, not couting the extremely expensive beers? The Truth IPA? The Snake Dog? Raging ****? I'd definitely take this over the Raging ****. In fact, I can sense some Raging **** in the Dead Rise. Wonder if they use the same hops. The Gonzo and Double Dog are beasts, but the Double Dog crushes me and I know I'd get sick of it very fast. Think if I only had one beer to choose from their commonplace beers, it would be either the Gonzo or the Dead Rise. Just being honest. I'd have to consider the Horn Dog Barleywine, but as much as I like it, there are other barelywines scattered along the shelves that match it and beat it. The Dead Rise is unique, has a relatively strong flavor, but remains easy to swig down at the same time. Fun stuff to drink. Enjoying that spiciness every swig.

It's really a shame we can't mail each other beer. My Nephew drinks Pliny the Elder like I drink Loose Cannon. I've never had a Pliny the Elder. There are amazing breweries I've yet to try. Gotta roadtrip to Colorado and Cali, hit the big breweries.

I'm having my last Pliny tonight... Transported it back in my checked bag after my SF trip. It's good. Really good.

I'm traveling back to DC for work next week. I'm hoping to trade for some Dead Rise with a buddy of mine who works at whole foods. I'll bring Habenero Sculpin back as my barter bait. Its an amazing beer by Ballast Point that is apparently very hard to get on the east coast (just like how I can't get Dead Rise on the WC)

Edited by Skinz4Life12

What's everybody drinking or the 4th? I just stopped and picked up a bunch of stuff for me and the girlfriend and a friend. I ended up getting 6 packs of: paulaner hefeweissen, troegs dream weaver, stone IPA, lagunitas Maximus, lagunitas little sumptin sumptin, and finally a 6 of hop devil.

I considered going with the dead rise but decided against it. I don't like it out of the bottle nearly as much as from the tap.

Have some Harpoon Summer Beer and whatever else I left at my parents/other people bring.  Based on past experience I'm guessing there will be some mix of Loose Cannon, Sam Adams and whatever else.  People tend to bring summer seasonals.

What's everybody drinking or the 4th? I just stopped and picked up a bunch of stuff for me and the girlfriend and a friend. I ended up getting 6 packs of: paulaner hefeweissen, troegs dream weaver, stone IPA, lagunitas Maximus, lagunitas little sumptin sumptin, and finally a 6 of hop devil.

I considered going with the dead rise but decided against it. I don't like it out of the bottle nearly as much as from the tap.

Well damn man, that's a helluva pickup. I think they discontinued the Hop Wallop, btw. I never had that stuff, was $19 a six pack here and not sold by the bottle. Had a single bottle of Hop Devil a few years back, remember really liking it.

The Stone IPA is my favorite of your purchases. I don't buy the Ruination anymore, because I like the regular IPA more. As far as Lagunitas, I love their Brown Sugga barley wine. Definitely my favorite from them. My second favorite from them is their Imperial Stout, which isn't nearly as touted as many of their beers. Damn good stout.

Here in Va Beach, visiting the folks & picked up som Hoppyum, which is brewed by Foothills Brewery in NC. It's damned good...gonna get a case to take home...snagged a 4pack of Green Flash too...

We carry foothills, all ive had is the torch pilsner, its pretty damn strong for a pilsner lol

This is what I just got home from the warehouse with..so I guess this is what I'm drinking for the 4th :)

one case of the wildcat is going to my brother in law, the other is mine... the corona is for who ever wants it lol

Free beer is always a good thing! I love working for a beer distributor... and before anyone asks... its all I could choose from, pickings were slim!!

wildcatcorona_zps7df7eeec.jpg?t=14044448

Edited by DButz65

OK, I finally tried Leinenkugal's Summer Shandy at a cookout yesterday. REALLY good. Goes perfect outside on a nice, sunny day w/ the grill. I know it's been mentioned here before - so, it is def worth your while.

This is my summer go to. Love it when it is really hot out.

This is my summer go to. Love it when it is really hot out.

I love the leinies summer shandy as well, but tried one that is better (IMO).... Curious Traveler Shandy... I think Sam Adams makes it because every

time I've seen it on tap, its in a keg marked Boston Beer Company (which is sam adams)

┼ DEAD RISE ON TAP ALERT FOR SOUTHERN MARYLANDERS ┼

Bostons in Waldorf has it on tap

Edited by DButz65

So my buddy that brews for Flying Dog came down this weekend and brought me some presents! He brought me Ginger Beer and the other was a White Ale. Was surprised with the Ginger beer. Didn't think I would like it, but it was pretty light and smooth. Could make a nice summer beer. The White Ale was pretty good. Could taste some citrus in there, another possible summer beer.

He also brought some Dead Rise and Single Hop Citra Imperial IPA. I'm not a big IPA fan, but the Citra was pretty good. Definitely could taste the hops in it and for a 10% beer, it was pretty light. Could definitely down a few of these in a session.

Edited by MattFancy

I would love to try that ginger beer.  I love the real Caribbean-style ginger ales that have a sharp, hot ginger note.

It was a pretty subtle amount of Ginger. I'm not a huge Ginger Ale fan so I wasn't expecting much. But it was really good.

It was a pretty subtle amount of Ginger. I'm not a huge Ginger Ale fan so I wasn't expecting much. But it was really good.

Yeah my two sentences were semi-separate.  I would love to try it either way.

Also, I happen to like spicy ginger ale.

Guys, the Flying Dog Bloodline Blood Orange Ale is good. 7% Abv. Has a hint of spiciness to it, solid pine/grass hops, but the orange puree flavor makes me want to take huge swigs. Verrrrry drinkable for a 7% beer. I don't touch liquor anymore, and I know my limit with beers, which is about 7 beers around the 7% Abv range. Gonna hit it quick at this pace. After that point is where I start using walls to support myself.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Guys, the Flying Dog Bloodline Blood Orange Ale is good. 7% Abv. Has a hint of spiciness to it, solid pine/grass hops, but the orange puree flavor makes me want to take huge swigs. Verrrrry drinkable for a 7% beer. I don't touch liquor anymore, and I know my limit with beers, which is about 7 beers around the 7% Abv range. Gonna hit it quick at this pace. After that point is where I start using walls to support myself.

I like Bloodline, I just thought there would be a smidge more orange taste to it. But I agree that is a very drinkable beer at 7%.

Official opening tomorrow of Old Ox Brewery in AshburnVA, its a party, details at link below

https://www.facebook.com/events/680207102033793/

Depending on how our kids is acting tomorrow (hes 1) I will be there with my wife and him since we get in free, hey

we will be distributing their beer lol

http://oldoxbrewery.com/2014/07/youre-invited-to-a-blox-party/

P.S. They are right next to REDSKINS PARK!!!

Edited by DButz65