Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you better or worse off then you were 4 year ago?

The Wicked Wop

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

hell no 4 years ago i had 3 cars...... a full gas tank....... a full fridge..... went out a couple times a week ...... and never needed ****.......

now i am broke..... i mean broke...... i have a broken down jeep.... no food in the fridge ...... and i forget what its like to go out......

so yeah....... **** the bush administration.......

hell no 4 years ago i had 3 cars...... a full gas tank....... a full fridge..... went out a couple times a week ...... and never needed ****.......

now i am broke..... i mean broke...... i have a broken down jeep.... no food in the fridge ...... and i forget what its like to go out......

Don't forget about your stimulous checks coming.;)

Pretty much so or at least your perception of it. (i.e., it is the reason why things are better or worse off for you).

Bush being president has not really affected me much. I would be in my school loan debt no matter who was president. I would not be ready or willing to buy a house no matter who was president. The president does not affect me much, my state government does.

Uh well that was after the first four years of Bush...sounds like you were doing well....

Maybe the 3 cars wasn't a good move for you.

Fiscal responsibility is your friend.

:cheers:

Uh well that was after the first four years of Bush...sounds like you were doing well....

Maybe the 3 cars wasn't a good move for you.

Fiscal responsibility is your friend.

:cheers:

dont tell me about fiscal responsibility .....

2 of those three cars were paid for and subsequently been sold in order to pay bills and make ends meet.....

do you really find it so astounding that mature responsible people are suffering this economy that you presume i dont know how to budget?

geesh

dont tell me about fiscal responsibility .....

2 of those three cars were paid for and subsequently been sold in order to pay bills and make ends meet.....

do you really find it so astounding that mature responsible people are suffering this economy that you presume i dont know how to budget?

geesh

'

Americans aren't fiscally responsible. So I am not sure what makes you any different.

You said 4 years ago you were in great shape under bush, now you are not.

Did you buy into the housing sham and lose all of your money? Why did you lose your fiscal status in 4 years

because raising a family of 4 living were i do you can do ok on a little less than in some other areas...... however when the cost of gas has gone up so much and then the cost of everything else goes up. it just might have been the 100$+ barrels of gas and the trickle down affect throughout the market that primarily was the after affects of the previous 4 years..... i didnt say that it didnt start till four years ago.

the question was whether i was better off than four years ago or not and know im not ....... the long answer is that i am definattely not better off than 8 years ago........

Unquestionably better. Physically, mentally, and financially. And although I don't qualify for the most recent definition of "rich", I suspect I'll still soon be helping to pay off mortgages of people who never entertained any "worse case scenarios" before they signed on the dotted line.

It should be noted that I've been better off at the end of every administration since Carter. Mainly because I do most things for myself. Whether they raise taxes, or lower taxes, my thing has always been, "take what you're gonna take, and then leave me the **** alone.

You play the cards life deals you. I've alway done as good as I wanted to.

I always will.

Considering I was employed 4 years ago and didn't have to worry about layoffs, to being laid off this year, I would say I'm worse off. Judging from the unemployment figures out this week I would say that there are a lot of people like me in the country.

I would have to say that I am worse off. Four years ago, I was a freshman in high school. As of right now, I am unemployed and not going to college. Hopefully that will change soon, but from my standpoint, I was better off 4 years ago because I had 4 years of certainty ahead of me and now all I have ahead of me is uncertainty.

Yeah, pretty much what this guy said. :(

:dallasuck

Everyone realizes that this downturn is needed, right? Economies have expansion and recession periods, and both are needed to keep the economy healthy. It is not possible to have an ever expanding economy. And the economic forecasters are already predicting a rebound in 2Q09.

Everyone realizes that this downturn is needed, right? Economies have expansion and recession periods, and both are needed to keep the economy healthy. It is not possible to have an ever expanding economy. And the economic forecasters are already predicting a rebound in 2Q09.

Yes, that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it though. :)

Archived