Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you better or worse off then you were 4 year ago?

The Wicked Wop

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The proper question is "Is the country better off?"

That's why we vote, right? For the betterment of the country, not just our own selfish reasons?

~Bang

That SHOULD be why we vote, but it isn't always. My boss is a Republican mainly because the Democrats do not like our industry and the Republicans do. That's selfish reasoning (and - I know - a gross generalization on my part).

To answer your question, I say no.

The economy is damaged, we're running two wars (neither of which is being very much acknowledged, unlike almost all other wars the US has been in), we are divided socially/culturally, our image among foreign countries has taken a huge hit, etc., etc.

Obama isn't going to magically fix these things, but I agree with the message both he and John McCain delivered on Tuesday:

We need to work together despite our differences to fix things, it will take a while, and it's not going to be easy.

Unquestionably better. Physically, mentally, and financially. And although I don't qualify for the most recent definition of "rich", I suspect I'll still soon be helping to pay off mortgages of people who never entertained any "worse case scenarios" before they signed on the dotted line.

It should be noted that I've been better off at the end of every administration since Carter. Mainly because I do most things for myself. Whether they raise taxes, or lower taxes, my thing has always been, "take what you're gonna take, and then leave me the **** alone.

You play the cards life deals you. I've alway done as good as I wanted to.

I always will.

Glad to hear it. I have the same view point and same determination. Waiting and praying for the government to make you successful or bail you out is not a plan.

Archived