Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports 980 HORRIBLE

brettstr

Has anyone noticed the coverage on Sports 980 is HORRIBLE. I listened to the game beacause there were no streams available. As I tuned in to 980, I thought I at least I could hear the game. Well, this experience was very frustrating. There was an ENORMOUS amount of commercials. At one point where the skins started out in or around the 20 yard line, Low and behold here comes another commercial and then a station break and then another commercial only to hear now they are at the 42 yard line. I was through. I dont believe more than half of the plays for the skins was broadcasted. There were not nearly the amount of station breaks or commercials when the lions were on the field.

I thought you were referring to the monday morning quarterback show.

I listened to it this morning and I am really starting to just not like listening to them. They are just so damn negative to the point it's starting to make me not want to even listen to them.

Has anyone noticed the coverage on Sports 980 is HORRIBLE. I listened to the game beacause there were no streams available. As I tuned in to 980, I thought I at least I could hear the game. Well, this experience was very frustrating. There was an ENORMOUS amount of commercials. At one point where the skins started out in or around the 20 yard line, Low and behold here comes another commercial and then a station break and then another commercial only to hear now they are at the 42 yard line. I was through. I dont believe more than half of the plays for the skins was broadcasted. There were not nearly the amount of station breaks or commercials when the lions were on the field.

I noticed that also. there was a time in the forth quarter where the commercial ran for about 10 mins. As I was looking at the Gamecenter on nfl.com i think i saw the down and distance change about 3 times. They really have to fix that.

Dont look for any of these changes when it comes to Snyder Radio.

1. Larry Michaels

2. Better signal

3. Commercial, commercial, commercial oh yeah game.

4. competition

5. Riggo (not a company man)

Honestly would someone "please !" in the Metro area please start another sports radio station. Just for and alternative to Snyder Radio.

I thought you were referring to the monday morning quarterback show.

I listened to it this morning and I am really starting to just not like listening to them. They are just so damn negative to the point it's starting to make me not want to even listen to them.

And everyone thought we'd get nothing but roses and sunshine from the on-air folks after Snyder took over.

This morning, Kevin Sheehan was the lone optimist of the three on the Monday Morning QB show.

And everyone thought we'd get nothing but roses and sunshine from the on-air folks after Snyder took over.

This morning, Kevin Sheehan was the lone optimist of the three on the Monday Morning QB show.

I listened to it this morning, and truly felt bad for Kevin. He wasn't even being a homer...he was saying that the team was better than average, while Riggo was claiming that they were just an average team. Andy of course, was too busy swinging from Riggo's sack to really offer anything.

Is there anyone on that station that can sit right in the middle and just be a professional? Not a homer and not a hater...it's called integrity...isn't it available on Snyder980? Can't he just go out and buy it or something?

Hated the station for quite some time...have decided to just listen to national reports on the team (when available) and watch Comcast (Chick and company)...at least those guys sound like they know what they're talking about.

Why did that pesky game keep getting in the way of the commercials?

BTW, this post is brought to you by Midas Muffler. Call on Midas for your muffler needs in the DC area.

This post is also brought to you by Eastern Motors. Call 888-217-4005 or visit Easterns.com. That number once again is 888-217-4005. 17 locations 2200 vehicles in stock. Call 888-217-4005.

Dont look for any of these changes when it comes to Snyder Radio.

1. Larry Michaels

2. Better signal

3. Commercial, commercial, commercial oh yeah game.

4. competition

5. Riggo (not a company man)

Honestly would someone "please !" in the Metro area please start another sports radio station. Just for and alternative to Snyder Radio.

Right there is why I never listed to 980 ... Larry Michael is a tool and a no-talent hack.

I can get THE ESPN Radio on XM Channel 140.

cheers

It's something wrong with the stream. It sometimes cuts out during the middle of shows and cuts to commercials. If you just close the box and go to the site http://www.espn980.com/ and click on the stream again it usually corrects itself. Or click on the link at the top of this site one of them is messed up and one works usually.

The worst of all is the Postgame show. It is nothing but commercials...they no sooner come back from a break that they are taking another one. And now that Snyder owns 980 it's the only Radio postgame show there is after the game. At least last year there were two you could flip back and forth between. Now 980 has the only one and it's all commercials...so frustrating! And I have Sirius so I do have another option but when i am in my car after a game I want to hear a redskins postgame show not the national stuff!

the broadcast is on about a 45 second to minute long delay of the actual game... that is if you can actually hear any of the game through the myriad of commercials that seem to run for 5 to sometimes 10 minutes straight.

it was awful.

i will never listen to a broadcast on that station again so long as they keep that kind of format.

FIX IT.

Oh the commercials were terrible during the game yesterday. Every time there was a commercial break they ran the ads 2-3 minutes longer than they needed too. I don't think I heard them call a single kickoff after a score because they were never back in time.

On Several occasions they missed more than one series after the commercial break. The 50 yard touchdown to Moss was only the second play the called in that drive, they missed everything before that due to the extended commercials. It was very unprofessional to say the least.

It could be the web broadcast. I tried to listen to one when I was in London, and it was horrible. I think the actual Radio broadcast at least gets the game in.

But they both have Larry Micahel. So even if you are listening to the game, you won't know what the hell's going on. No talent hack is a good description.

If there are problems with the stream and they're running commercials as filler, that's one thing. But keep in mind that the timeouts are dictated by the league and the networks, not Daniel Snyder. No doubt they run too many commercials during the pre/post-game shows, but during the game they have no control over that.

Are the games broadcast on XM at all? seems like a decently priced alternative.

I have XM in the car and my Sports Ticker was listing channel numbers with the games over the weekend. I got home about 90 minutes before kickoff so it was a moot point for me ...

I'll definitely check it out on the 16th as we're driving to FedEx for the Dallas game that night ...

cheers

I think Sam and Sonny have seen their better days..it's time for new announcers, including someone new for Brown-nose-up-Snyder's AYYYE Larry Michaels!!!

Even if they are replaced, you can't watch the game and listen to the radio as it is off by about 40 seconds. I'm trying to figure out why they tampered with the delay time as it used to a 2-3 second delay.

It's been well over a year since I listened to them because of that and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has stopped listening. That's got to hit Little Danny in the wallet somehow and it's a damn shame that we can't listen to our own, we have to listen to the FOX circus.

Thank God for Comcast Sports Post Game Report. Now there's a show with some class. :cheers:

Oh, I can't stand Larry Michaels either.

Guest Skins Tailgate

Didn't listen to the game on 980 but did listen to both the postgame and monday morning show. Riggo is my favorite player all time but can't stand that he won't give CP his due. Also, Andy is a cup half empty kinda guy that can't get enough of the Skins when things aren't going good. I'm sure he would rather us be 2-6 and asking for Zorn's head.

Archived