Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports 980 HORRIBLE

brettstr

Commercial break after commercial break this Sunday overlapped the actual game on 980. I was trying to synch up the radio with my TV and couldn't because they missed whole series playing bull**** commercials. I've never seen anything like it. Good thing I rarely stay home for games.

All it does is have the listener more angry about the business than it does in bringing in any business. I know they like to cram, but when it comes to Redskins football, they're walking a fine line. I guess they look at it this way... better than nothing.

The worst of all is the Postgame show. It is nothing but commercials...they no sooner come back from a break that they are taking another one. And now that Snyder owns 980 it's the only Radio postgame show there is after the game. At least last year there were two you could flip back and forth between. Now 980 has the only one and it's all commercials...so frustrating! And I have Sirius so I do have another option but when i am in my car after a game I want to hear a redskins postgame show not the national stuff!

The funniest thing is, when they finally do come back from a commercial, all their spots are sponsored.

"London, great game, you're our Ford Tuff Stuff Player of the Week, be sure to visit your local Ford dealer for fantastic deals and tuff Fords. We'll be back with the Merecedes Benz Post Game Show sponsored by Papa Johns."

(London just walks away, absolutely confused over what just happened).

It was douche chilly in past years when Sonny and Sam had to pimp sponsors stuff to players after a bad loss. No one wants to hear about Myer Emco's fantastic deals on plasma TVs when they just got their doors blown off.

the broadcast is on about a 45 second to minute long delay of the actual game.

Sorry, but that isn't true. The delay should only be about 5 seconds.

The stations also don't broadcast commercials during game play. If you're streaming online and that happens, it's not a programming problem. That's a streaming problem.

I listened to it this morning and I am really starting to just not like listening to them. They are just so damn negative to the point it's starting to make me not want to even listen to them.

I agree, they are the ****ing worst. I'm getting tired of hearing Riggins saying that Portis sucks and Andy hanging up on callers and objecting their comments with trivial "facts" as if it negates everything the caller just brought up.

I agree, they are the ****ing worst. I'm getting tired of hearing Riggins saying that Portis sucks and Andy hanging up on callers and objecting their comments with trivial "facts" as if it negates everything the caller just brought up.

I listen to 980 almost on a daily basis, and that is true. It gets on my nerves.The guy thinks he knows everything without even listening to what others have to say.

I listened a few other times as well. Never and I mean never as HORRIBLE as the lions game. I worked in radio and the delay is usually 7 seconds. However, the Continuity Dept handles the ads from the Ad Execs. So when Snyder is trying to push sales, ad execs use the prime spot to lure customers. The ad execs dont care how much they sell at the same spot (Crooked) they just want to up their sales quotas and make money by charging more fro prime time spots. The prime spot sales pitch is their bread and butter. So Continuity HAS to air what was promised, so in essence the WHOLE Redskins game became prime time for all the commercials becasue of GREEEEED. Who suffers, (the POOR). Thats right Go Politcs

FWIW my wife listened to the espn980.com stream while I was at the bar with my son, and she made the same complaint about missing plays. Said that they would go to commercial on a change of possession and not come back until several plays into the drive. espn980 needs to get their act together.

Archived