Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SANTONIO MOSS Appreciation Thread, Love Fox Announcer Brian Belicheck (Merged)

Rocky52Mc

I just have to say, it was nice hearing "Santonio" Moss's number called yesterday in a big spot.

He may not be the player that he once was, but his veteran experience and the little nuances about the game that he has gained throughout his years makes him an invaluable player. He makes it look so effortless making that great over the shoulder catch and dragging his feet perfectly at the very edge of the endzone. He's made plays like that, especially in the endzone, all year. He made a great over the shoulder catch against the Giants, he had another phenomenal catch/play against the Cowboys and then yesterday against the Eagles. He's been perfect for us all year except for those few pesky fumbles he's never been able to completely put behind him.

I've posted it many times, but I really hope he sticks around next year to break the 10,000 yard mark...not just to barely stick around but I hope he earns the roster spot and is still able contribute.

It was also REALLY great to see Cooley finally get a catch yesterday, and for a first down toward the end of the game too. He's playing his last few games for the Redskins and in the NFL but he still gives it his all and is a capable blocker.

Martz was like listening to a guy they found in the parking lot do the game....

You're being too harsh. If you cut out his horrific broadcasting voice and just listen to the nuggets of real football knowledge he was dropping, I think you have to look at him as a cut above the normal color guy. The problem is, his voice and delivery are so bad it hinders your reception of those things he has in spades, like knowledge of the game and dissecting a given play in a more coach-like manner than you see.

What's interesting to me is that Gruden is a coach but sounds like a moron half the time in the booth but he KNOWS A HELL OF A LOT, and Martz sounds awful but actually DISPLAYS his knowledge, I think.

You're being too harsh. If you cut out his horrific broadcasting voice and just listen to the nuggets of real football knowledge he was dropping, I think you have to look at him as a cut above the normal color guy. The problem is, his voice and delivery are so bad it hinders your reception of those things he has in spades, like knowledge of the game and dissecting a given play in a more coach-like manner than you see.

What's interesting to me is that Gruden is a coach but sounds like a moron half the time in the booth but he KNOWS A HELL OF A LOT, and Martz sounds awful but actually DISPLAYS his knowledge, I think.

I agree. I just want both in my color guy.

Santa-tana :pfft: deserves to be here as we get this thing turned around. Although he seemed to disappear at times over the past few years he has been pretty steady and always kept his nose clean and supported the team. I think santana's recommittment/dedication this offseason has really paid off and he will be back. (One of the great benefits of RGIII is the fact that good players are going to want to join/stay with this team... not end of career loosers looking for a final paycheck.)

As for Billick... I can't stand him. He is horrendous... either stating the obvious or saying something inaccurate... almost as bad as Chris Collinsworth who NEVER says ANYTHING of substance. Usually says crap like "On first and ten if you get five yards you are almost halfway there". really?!? :doh:

McNabb just flubbed bigger than a cow pie.

"Santonio Holmes...errr um Santonio Moss...er umm Santana Moss and Klis Cooley are gonna have to step up".

Donovan McNabb on why he's choosing the Dallass secondary over Garcon....saying they will shut him down and make the other [Redskins?] receivers beat them.

Sigh.... poor #5.

Brooks wore it so much better.

Archived