Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SANTONIO MOSS Appreciation Thread, Love Fox Announcer Brian Belicheck (Merged)

Rocky52Mc

I still think Dick Stockdon is the worst. He just has no idea whats going on. Several times during the Giants game, in the first quarter at the 12+ minute mark a player with the ball got tackled near the sideline and he was shouting "..and he didnt get out of bounds!" So? why would he? the clock wouldnt stop then anyway, and why would he want it to. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I believe he also is the one that called Mark Brunell Scott several times in 2005 in several diferent games.

Funny that Billick kept getting that mixed up. Maybe he really wanted Santonio Holmes when he was coaching B-More. I think that he did a decent job otherwise but that broadcase was horrible. Did anyone else catch the mixed up pics on Defensive starting lineups. This was easily Fox's D team.

I don't think he called him Santonio, I think he called him Sahntana.

I think Billick gives a lot of good info, but in a voice that is made for announcing golf.

No, he in fact said it over and over like the meat head that he is, it started to get under my skin.

This Santonio Moss guy is pretty good. I have to commend Vinny for finding such a talent in the middle of the season. I think we should put him on Punt Returns to keep Santana from getting injured ;)

As for the announce team, Aikman is great and Buck needs to stick to baseball. If I didn't know better I'd think Buck was the former Cowboy QB and not Aikman :doh: Maybe he should take a cue from Aikman try being impartial for a change.

Billick was messing up quite a bit. He said Chicago at one point, and another city as well, which evades me at the moment. My wife even noticed it and laughed. I kept shouting at the t.v. "it's SANTANA".

Even still, he's a fairly unbiased commentator, and those seem hard to find.

Is it me, or does Brian Billick and this other guy do a HORRENDOUS game? I saw in the start of the game Mike Green's pick was in for Rocky McIntosh's, and that's my man right there. You don't do my man Rocky like that, and Mike Green's pick was Chris Horton. What the **** are these goon's doing?

Brian Billick called our receivers "Anquan Randle El" and "Santonio Moss". Look, we don't have concussions here in Washington, and we don't get our players caught with possesion of weed. Those guys do.

Honestly, it hurts me to hear guys like Billick not do their homework.

What do you mean by "pick," not sure I follow you.

Haha. I felt for Billick. He was screwing up player names all over the place(my favorite being when he talked about Jason Campbell coming over from Seattle). Totally embarassing.

But hey, he's new to the booth. It's a more challenging job than most fans will give credit for, and he's done a good job overall so far. As others have said, he is unbiased, and he gives some good coaching insights here and there. Definitely better some other commentators I've heard.

• 10 months later...
I can see it now. Campbell hands off to Portis, Portis flips it to Randle El, Randle throws, TD Santana Moss.:D

Or as the announcer would likely say it:

"Cantwell hands off to Porter, Porter flips it back to Riley, Riley throws it---TOUCHDOWN HOLMES!" "And the Redbirds have won it!!!"

I HATE when Mike does that, and he does that all the time. Orakpo blew someone up in the backfield and he called him a completely different player, (forget who) after they had just been singing Orakpo's praises for like 3 minutes before that. They then go into this 2 minute diatribe about how the incorrectly-named player has progressed. Then they finally realize it is Orakpo, and are like, "actually that WAS Brian Orakpo"

Another time Thomas caught a pass on the sidelines and landed with both feet out of bounds. The ref clearly called it a catch, then signaled out of bounds. Mike Patrick gets all over Thomas about how he missed another opportunity. They show it on replay, in super-slow motion, and you can clearly see he makes the grab but lands well out of bounds. Patrick blurts out, "If you're Devin Thomas you HAVE to make that catch!" And Thiesmann adds, "HAVE to. HAVE to Mike". These idiots noticed neither that he had a) landed out of bounds, or B) that he actually made the catch and held onto the ball all the way to the ground.

That coverage on Comcast SportsNet is a joke

• 4 weeks later...

Archived