Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Shaun Alexander Coming To Town (Merged)

radskin

Truth is -

I would rather see Mike Sellars get any carries needed when Portis goes out. It would give him a chance to stay in and get some carries to show that he can do some running. I'd think he would be ready to play and produce well before Shaun, and I think he would run harder than Shaun.

One game, just for kicks, I'd like to see them stick the ball in Sellers' gut 25-30 times. Just to see what he could do.

Apparently Mason didn't prove himself enough, as he didn't make the final roster. He had a good preseason, but I wouldn't say he proved himself unless he made our final roster.
Him not making the shallower Balto roster is more telling. This is a 2 week deal, right? Why can't we tough it out with Rock and Sellers against the next two teams? A new guy isn't really going to do anything this week anyway. Is there fresher news on Betts?

Him not making the shallower Balto roster is more telling. This is a 2 week deal, right? Why can't we tough it out with Rock and Sellers against the next two teams? A new guy isn't really going to do anything this week anyway. Is there fresher news on Betts?

Baltimore's roster is anything but shallow at the RB position. Willis, Laron Mclean-playing better than willis so far this year, and the rookie Ray Rice who they like a lot.

Let's pretend that we decide to activate Mason off of the Ravens PS. I believe that we are free to do so AS LONG as we ACTIVATE him to our 53 man roster (correct?) After Betts comes back and we de-activate him, is he ours to assign to PS or does he revert to the Ravens property? Wouldn't it be nice to see MM back in the B&G?

some of you are insane...he is gonna be a spot duty backup for God's sake. I will take that anyday of the week and twice on sunday. Not that it matters but he did win the MVP like 3 years ago and our run blocking is pretty good...just ask portis.

And we cant overpay him because we dont have alot of cap room.

I like it...it is an emergency move because of the betts injury.

Now i have a question. How serious is betts' injury??? Is it true that betts is on IR?

It's just a temporary mid-season depth signing if we do it at all, right now it's just a tryout. Price is of no consequence, the guy is unemployed and we are the only people hiring with no guarantees. If we pick him up, he gets cut as soon as Betts is ready to come back. Teams do things like this all the time.

This move really had me scratching my head too at first. But he knows Zorn, he knows Stump Mitchell, and so he's more familiar with our offensive system than other players out there. And given the fact that Betts may be out for a long period of time than we thought, we need the depth.

Rock is way too valuable on special teams to simply rely on him as our other back up behind Portis. We'll probably end up using him too at times, but it helps to have a veteran like Alexander in the fold.

Eh, I'm not much of a Alexander fan because for lack of a better phrase: He's soft. I can't stand the dude. Ever since that playoff loss in 2005 when this fool was jumping up and down like a school girl in a rain coat. I understand that we need someone to fill in while Betts is on the mend but can it be someone else?

I have no problem signing him to spell Portis the way Betts did. My biggest question is who do they cut to make room for Alexander? I thought Betts was only gonna be out for two or three weeks. Do they put Betts on IR or maybe Malcolm Kelly?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Archived