Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Shaun Alexander Coming To Town (Merged)

radskin

Marcus Mason is on the Ravens practice squad, it's funny how little people really know...

and this isnt that bad because he will probably just be our #3 now with Rock being the #2.

Everyone relax, he will probably be released when Betts comes back.

This is an insurance move

TJ Duckett part deux.

They must not have any confidence in Rock running the ball.

Why not just sign Mason for 10% of the cost?

Duckett part deux would be us signing gonzales who the giants are looking at right now.

we signed duckett so eagles would not get him..

I believe marcus mason is on the Ravens practice squad.

As for Alexander, seems to me it has only upsides. Hes 31, played in the league for 8 years, all with Seattle. He may not be as fast as he once was, but I bet he can give give CP a break during the game.

Not to mention his knowledge and experience with the WCO/Zorn will definitly help out with the other players.

As for the question as to why he is not playing with any body else is pure speculation with no facts to back them up. The one person that does know the answer is Alexander himself.

Bring him in, vet min + incentives.

Man, if you look at his numbers up to 2005, he was on a Hall of Fame pace for a running back.

His 2005 season was sick - 1,880 yards, 5.1 ypc, 27 - YES 27 - rushing touchdowns.

But apparently injuries took their toll. He suffered a concussion against us in the 2006 Divisional playoff game, sprained his ankle in the Super Bowl, and then in Week 3 of the 2006 regular season, broke a toe in his left foot. In the 2007 season, he broke his wrist. He continued to play, but his performance certainly suffered.

Seattle released him this April. The Lions brought him in for a look in September. The Bengals and the Saints also took a look but obviously all passed on signing him.

He is 31 years old, not ancient by running back standards.

Marcus Mason is on the Ravens practice squad, it's funny how little people really know...

and this isnt that bad because he will probably just be our #3 now with Rock being the #2.

Everyone relax, he will probably be released when Betts comes back.

This is an insurance move

Exactly,

If anything, he may become #2 and Rock stay at the #3. I mean as much as we all love Rock for work ethic and passion, he's too vital a member of special teams and not to mention our main KR. If he goes down, what option is there to be back with Thrash on kicks and more importantly back up CP? I mean, we did only cut Mason and carry 3 backs into the season.

And God forbid CP ever go down with an injury while Betts is out. Rock has ran the ball well in the past, but does anyone really think he can carry 20 or more times a game if we need him AND return kicks and still be effective? Again, love the guy, but he has his specialties.

This is isn't like T.J. Duckett, who knew NOTHING about Saunders offense (like everyone else in '06) when he got here and never got on the field. We won't give up anything for Alexander except a short term deal for the vet min + inc. Dude is not hurting for money, but is probably itching to play ball plus he knows the offense. Worst case, if he proves to be a bum, we cut him when Ladell is ready to come back. The bigger concern for me is how serious is this injury to Betts and that he doesnt rush to come back before he is actually healthy.

all i care about is rock stayingso if wee sign him and rock stays then good... i really dont care if we sign him or not rock is to valuable to let go in any situation.. and he is a friend of the family per say so... just keep rock.. thats all i care about

all i care about is rock stayingso if wee sign him and rock stays then good... i really dont care if we sign him or not rock is to valuable to let go in any situation.. and he is a friend of the family per say so... just keep rock.. thats all i care about

Rock isn't going anywhere. He tested the market and had no offers.

There's a reason he's not on a team right now - he's old and washed up. We have Rock for a reason. If they don't think he's a good number 3 running back incase someone got hurt, then imo they made a TREMENDOUS mistake in letting Mason go and he should have gotten Rock's spot.

Rock is on the team for special teams to tell you the truth, he's a beast at it. He is a decent 3 string back, but he's really no running back he's more special teams. SA will only be for the rest of the year its a good move, i say take it.

Archived