Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Shaun Alexander Coming To Town (Merged)

radskin

I thought Mason had problems understanding the offense.

I also thought we were all huge fans of the "Vet min + incentives" deal around here.

We need someone to back up in a pinch, why the heck not have a former league MVP, especially if there's mutual respect between him and our coach?

You can be familiar with something like an offense or philosophy and still suck. S. Alexander hasn't played a solid game since the Seahawks win where we layed him out. IMO, he no longer has the heart to play as a back in this league, especially in this division.

Using the logic that he knows the system and therefore has more value than the backs we have retained is misguided at best.

A lot of the posters here are familiar with the WCO, and what the Skins have done the last 6 weeks, does that make them potential starters on offense?

Awesome, he is a nice back up, sitting at home watching football, knows the west coast offense and might come here for next to nothing. I have always wondered why he was sitting at home, if he stays healthy he is a nice #2.

He won the MVP three/four years ago didn't he?

You can be familiar with something like an offense or philosophy and still suck. S. Alexander hasn't played a solid game since the Seahawks win where we layed him out. IMO, he no longer has the heart to play as a back in this league, especially in this division.

Using the logic that he knows the system and therefore has more value than the backs we have retained is misguided at best.

A lot of the posters here are familiar with the WCO, and what the Skins have done the last 6 weeks, does that make them potential starters on offense?

I'm not taking a side on this one, because I really haven't thought about this that much. However, in answering that final question, no it doesn't. Probably because they haven't actually played in a system like that.

Archived