Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Shaun Alexander Coming To Town (Merged)

radskin

wow,276 posts before I got a chance to get on here and say, "I"m not a fan of Alexander!". Watched him out here in Seattle for years. When Hutch left, SA was toast. He was never that good of a pass catch RB and last year he sucked the worst. Although he did have a hand injury and many Seattle fans couldn't understand why they just didn't let him heal. They just kept him out there, stinking up the place.

I've heard several reports in the off season that he wants too much money and wanted to be the #1. But teams already were good. I think he realized that his time is nearly up and is willing to settle for less $$ and a #2 spot.

3rd reason I don't want him is his attitude. Especially after his MVP year. He is a jerk, and there was a lot of talk in the NW about his Primadona attitude.

example http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/268604_shaun01.html

Shaun Alexander's appearance at a charity dinner/auction in Moses Lake on Saturday night was canceled.

Mike Keyes, who coordinated the event, told the Tri-City Herald on Saturday that the Seahawks running back did not appear after quoting a value of $20,000 per hour for his involvement.

Click link for entire article....

First of all Marcus Mason IS on the Ravens Practice squad....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Player_Roster.aspx

I like the idea of SA knowledge of the WCO, don't like the idea of not being in football shape. What happens when Ladell is ready to go? Looks like another knee jerk Duckett to me.....but that's what happens when you only have 3 RB's and not another on the PS.

I would hate this. I've laughed at Seattle for having this pretender for so long. When Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson were blowing people apart, he reaped all the benefits.

He can't catch. Has no acceleration. Doesn't like to block. Very much DOES care about money. We can do better.

Why does he have to run "tough?" That's Clinton's job. If Betts is out longer then we think, Alexander would be good for 5-10 carries in relief of CP. But I'd only sign him if Betts is out for the year and not for a couple of weeks. We'd have to cut someone (One of our 32 Defensive ends? since Taylor is almost healthy) or one of our young DBs (Hamilton or Moore).

Why can't they use Rock Cartwright as a backup until Betts is healthy? It doesn't sound serious. What's Cartwright, chopped meat? If he can't fill in for a couple of weeks then he doesn't deserve the number 3 spot on the roster.

Well let's look at what Rock does.

Return kickoffs. cover's punts, covers kickoffs.

Now let's just suppose Portis get's injured. ( it could happen this is football)

Now you got the same guy covering punts, covering kickoffs, returning kickoffs and playing as an every down back.

Does that explain it to you?

Archived