Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Shaun Alexander Coming To Town (Merged)

radskin

Talking about 8 - 12 carries a game, folks.

Max.

And god forbid we take another injury.

If we're serious about a "Super Bowl run", and we should be, you sign this guy if he passes the physical and you pay him respectably. He is a LEGIT power back (230+ lbs) with a nose for the endzone (100 TDs). IOW, the missing ingredient.

Think about it.

While they're at it, the Skins should sign QB Jeff George too. He's another washed up player like Alexander. Oh, as for Rock......Joe Namath has a quicker first step. Too bad RB Marcus Mason isn't available....his cutback abilities make him 10 times the back "cement loafers" Rock Cartwright could ever be. (Note-I love Rock as a return man.....just being honest about the thought of having him in the backfield)

everyone is saying he knows our offense, but we kept the same running game from the saunders offense. So basically all he knows is the passing offense and is a running back. To summarize, he doesn't really know our offense.

No, Zorn cleared up this oft-repeated false rumor in one of his pressers.

He said the running game is the same plays they ran in Seattle. The difference is he rewrote the wording/names of the plays using the Gibbs/Bugel/Redskins terminology so that it would be easier for the blockers to adjust. But he made it very clear that these are the same running plays that they ran in Seattle.

Now Alexander would need to learn the new terminology, but he will recognize all the plays. And obviously the coaches can refer to the Seattle terminology as needed to help Alexander along.

Plus I think the much harder thing for RB's to learn is their role in the passing plays. Their blocking assignments, their routes, their blitz pickups, etc. It's not like we can just put our backup RB in on running plays only.

Alexander should have no trouble fitting in on passing plays having run that offense for years. That alone gives him a big advantage over whatever other choices are available to us right now.

So you think Alexander will be a good sign? THats kind of a dumb statement. Any fan is going to ride a player that does well. What are you suppose to do. It just doesn't seem like a smart signing. What if they wanted to sign Cedric Benson, if he wasn't already signed by the Bengals? And then he was productive?

Honestly,

What is the big deal? Chances are it will be an incentive based one year deal. Would it honestly be a big loss if it didn't work?

This is the same as us signing Keenan McCardell last season. Alexander is just a higher profile name.

Nobody knows what we could get out of this, but are you honestly not willing to take a cheap risk?

While they're at it, the Skins should sign QB Jeff George too. He's another washed up player like Alexander. Oh, as for Rock......Joe Namath has a quicker first step. Too bad RB Marcus Mason isn't available....his cutback abilities make him 10 times the back "cement loafers" Rock Cartwright could ever be. (Note-I love Rock as a return man.....just being honest about the thought of having him in the backfield)

Mentioning Jeff George and Namath is clowning yourself. Alexander is 31 years old. No offense, but if you want to attack Alexander, using Namath as an example is just idiotic.

Somebody. Anybody! Tell me why a healthy Shaun Alexander (age 31) is a bad idea as a #2/goal line RB.

Betts will come back strong and we will have the best RB corps this league has seen in years!

Mentioning Jeff George and Namath is clowning yourself. Alexander is 31 years old. No offense, but if you want to attack Alexander, using Namath as an example is just idiotic.

Somebody. Anybody! Tell me why a healthy Shaun Alexander (age 31) is a bad idea as a #2/goal line RB.

Betts will come back strong and we will have the best RB corps this league has seen in years!

HE'S SOFT!

Shaun Alexander is a goddamn *****, and always has been!

Do you REALLY want us wasting our money on a back that will be running for the sideline when he sees the big, hard hitting Cowboys/Eagles/Giants defense?

There is a reason Alexander is unemployed and that is that he is no good anymore. 31 can be ancient for some running backs. And we don't have the type of line he had in his finer days.

There is a reason Alexander is unemployed and that is that he is no good anymore. 31 can be ancient for some running backs. And we don't have the type of line he had in his finer days. Even Chirs Samuels is a down grade from what he had in Walter Jones.

Edit: Sorry about the accidental double post.

Talking about 8 - 12 carries a game, folks.

Max.

And god forbid we take another injury.

If we're serious about a "Super Bowl run", and we should be, you sign this guy if he passes the physical and you pay him respectably. He is a LEGIT power back (230+ lbs) with a nose for the endzone (100 TDs). IOW, the missing ingredient.

Think about it.

I we give Alexander 8-12 carries a game our coaching staff is a lot dumber than I thought.

And LOL at Shaun Alexander being a "power back." I dont think he's ever lowered his shoulder in his life.

I we give Alexander 8-12 carries a game our coaching staff is a lot dumber than I thought.

And LOL at Shaun Alexander being a "power back." I dont think he's ever lowered his shoulder in his life.

pfffft. If he gets anymore then 4 carries I will lose it.

Let's pretend that we decide to activate Mason off of the Ravens PS. I believe that we are free to do so AS LONG as we ACTIVATE him to our 53 man roster (correct?) After Betts comes back and we de-activate him, is he ours to assign to PS or does he revert to the Ravens property? Wouldn't it be nice to see MM back in the B&G?

If you claim a player off of another teams PS, said player must be placed on the claiming team's 53 man roster for the remainder of the season.

So, no, you can't just pick-up players from other team's PS, use them for a couple games and then release them.:doh:

There is a reason Alexander is unemployed and that is that he is no good anymore. 31 can be ancient for some running backs. And we don't have the type of line he had in his finer days. Even Chirs Samuels is a down grade from what he had in Walter Jones.

Again, slighting the superb Chris Samuels/Our line is no reason to deny the fact that Shaun Alexander could elevate this team.

The man is unsigned because the man has money in the bank and he's not about put on Lions gear for a quick buck. Would you? Would Walter Jones or Chris Samuels?

No.

What?! Samuels and Jones are comparable, and I'd say that Samuels might actually be better. The big difference is LG. Alexander had Steve Hutchinson whereas he'll have, if he signs here, Pete Kendall (who's still playing solidly).

P.S. I believe Samuels played LT and blocked for Alexander at 'Bama when Shaun was there.

He was/is a special athlete.

He was better than Portis in a tougher conference and he's only 3 years older. Lemme ask you something, Would you sign his old soft ass if his name was Jamal Lewis?

Archived