Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Shaun Alexander Coming To Town (Merged)

radskin

Interesting, because he takes a lot of trash-talk from this site and hard to think he'd be well-received, at least by the fan base as represented among ES posters. But I can't see us doing anything with im unless ladell is really hurt and he's ready to play damn cheap. hard to see that.

i never liked the way shaun runs. he cant escape defenders. he was hutch'es and walter jones follower .. and it shows after hutch went to sota, he didnt do jack. more like he got jack, injured... him and emmit is a product by their line. hutch will be in the hall of fame. larry allen a garentee hall of famer,whom bench 700lbs just tosses them little linebackers and antsy cbs out of the way. just have patience and let the tackles do all the work. when come skillful backs like portis, sanders, eric dickerson, adrian peterson, LT etc. u're not sure who they ran behind, well peterson runs being hutch now, but when hes n the open fiield. hes gone...anyways, half the time these players they find their own holes and just explode, shaking and breaking ankles.. i know he use to play for u zorn in seattle, but plzzz pass on shaun..

Honestly guys, what is the big deal?

I'd be utterly shocked if we offer anything more than an incentive based one year deal.

Former MVP and rushing title holder in this very system with the same coaches?

It's worth the chance. Simmer down.

I'm not really sure that with the relatively short amount of time that Betts could be out and the very short time before the next game that Alexander is being brought in to back up C.P.. Regardless of familiarity, he hasn't been playing and/or practicing. Redskins now only have 2 RB's on the roster and it would make sense, (to me),to bring him,(or any other free agent running back), in as the #3 back behind C.P. and Rock just in case. Of course, there is the possibility that the coaches would rather not have Rock returning kicks and spelling C.P.. Tough to say right now. Hell they're just bringing him in for a workout. Man might not even be signed.

I would sign alexander and trade betts for a #3 receiver...I'm sure a team looking for a RB will be willing to wait a few weeks for him...plus betts is signed to a reasonable contract and is still fairly young.

I would NOT trade Betts. He's a great insurance policy and carries a very reasonable price for that.

I'm okay with this on the condition that Shaun Alexander never actually sees the field. Does anyone remember what his last games were like? He would hit the line of scrimmage and fall over, avoiding contact at all costs. He was lucky to get three YPC. He's afraid of getting hit. How is that going to help us, especially in the NFC east where contact and mauling people is emphasized? Let's not even waste our time.

He was always just an average running back behind a very good offensive line.

Not at all true. When his head was on straight and he was willing to give it his all he was top 3-4 for sure. The guy lacked roack-steady committment, work ethic, and discipline. His line was great, for sure. And he only played up to his full capacity for roughly two seasons. He's got head problems which maybe time, being humbled, and Zorn have/would moderate, but I doubt he can be as good as he was when at his best. Even with his geunine drawbacks, he's regularly taken more dismissing and belittling amd less positive recognition then deserved from most east coast critics. And I don't like the guy. :)

I love the idea. Pretty sure he'll run hard to keep a spot and Zorn hopefully knows the right plays to call. I think he'll fit in pretty well and be cheap! Sure Betts is a solid backup, but the Skins should take every opportunity they can to get a little better.

Plus Portis needs a little fewer carries to stay fresh.

Truth is -

I would rather see Mike Sellars get any carries needed when Portis goes out. It would give him a chance to stay in and get some carries to show that he can do some running. I'd think he would be ready to play and produce well before Shaun, and I think he would run harder than Shaun.

Archived