Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Shaun Alexander Coming To Town (Merged)

radskin

I don't like it. He'll stir **** up about being the starter. He mess with team unity. This is Washington not Seattle. Let the sea hawks stay the heck out there. Spurrier tried to make every gator into a Redskin too. Remember how well that went?

Zorn hasn't brought a bunch of players over from the Seahawks.

So relax.

I don't know if this would be a sound move or not, but to respond to the first part of your post, I'm sure that if Alexander comes here, it will be with the understanding that Portis is THE MAN.

Portis currently leads the league in rushing. The Redskins have their starting RB and Shaun will only be coming here to give Portis a break and to give the Redskins a 2nd option.

I'm sure this will be explained to him in advance.

Ladell Betts is a good compliment to Portis, but he's a real bad substitutde for passing downs. Betts has repeatedly blown blocks or reacted to soon to blockers off corners.

Alexander knows the offense and will immediately help our pass protection when Portis isn't in there.

He was a great player, but god knows what we're getting now

Did he train with anyone over pre-season? Is he fit? Is he game fit? There's a difference

Is he better than all those players on practice squads?

Is he going to be as prepared as Mason would have been with a full pre-season behind him?

It could be a masterstroke - or we could end up with someone warming a bench for a few weeks until Betts comes back - which is fine as long as Portis isn't crocked

Well well well....I see the FO has learned from past mistakes. Nope.

We want to bring in a old washed up RB that no one else looked at. Why?

We have Rocky who can take a few snaps. We have Sellers who we have not used at all and the reports are saying Betts will be sidelined for 2 weeks !! Not to mention is Alexander in playing shape?!?!?!

Betts is out at BEST 2 weeks. Possibly more.

The thing is, Shaun Alexander knows Zorn's system, so bringing him up to speed should be relatively smooth.

And it is speculated that if he is signed, it will be for the veteran's minimum or close to it plus incentives. Shaun Alexander is desperate to play at any cost.

Is Shaun in playing shape?? Probably not ! It will take him a week or two to get into shape, so why are we doing this ?!?

Reports on Betts say 2 weeks....Unless it's worse I dont see the need. We will have to place someone on IR or release a player. It's not like Rock is a terrible option.

Here is all you need to know:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3573452

He is in great shape, healthy, great attitude and will play for the minnimum....could be a steal!!!! and a great pick-up!

Thanks for the link.

This part sticks out:

Two months ago, X-rays showed the cracked bone in his left foot that ruined his 2006 season and hampered him in '07 is finally fully meshed again. The broken left wrist he had to begin last season is fine, too.

"Man, I'm healthy and excited to play. And I think this year can be a big year for me if I get the opportunity. I can still play the game. I think I can help a team get to the Super Bowl," he said during a 40-minute talk in which he was as relentlessly upbeat as always, despite the fact he knew his friends on the Seahawks were leaving at the same hour for their season opener at Buffalo on Sunday.

He said he'd sign for the veteran minimum because "I've never played for money."

He said he's willing to share roles, that he doesn't need to carry the ball 30 times a game anymore. He just wants a Super Bowl title.

Say what you guys want about SA. He never had a major injury until last year and then it was not to his legs-the most important body part for a running back. It could be the ultimate one two punch with him and Portis, especially since he knows this offense. Certainly I trust SA more than some practice squat guy that doesn't even know the offense.

You can be familiar with something like an offense or philosophy and still suck. S. Alexander hasn't played a solid game since the Seahawks win where we layed him out. IMO, he no longer has the heart to play as a back in this league, especially in this division.

Using the logic that he knows the system and therefore has more value than the backs we have retained is misguided at best.

A lot of the posters here are familiar with the WCO, and what the Skins have done the last 6 weeks, does that make them potential starters on offense?

Not to mention we are using the same running game system as last year. Being that he is a RB, he will have to learn new terminology. This not the same running game that was present in Seattle.

Well well well....I see the FO has learned from past mistakes. Nope.

We want to bring in a old washed up RB that no one else looked at. Why?

We have Rocky who can take a few snaps. We have Sellers who we have not used at all and the reports are saying Betts will be sidelined for 2 weeks !! Not to mention is Alexander in playing shape?!?!?!

Are you kidding me with this statement? We aren't counting on him to be a difference maker, we are just counting on him to give Portis a breather...jesus man, you guys are too much sometimes. This isn't a Bruce Smith or Deion Sanders move where we are counting on these guys to be difference makers...This is just to sure up the ship until Betts is back. RELAX!!!!!

Archived