Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why all the hate for Pete Kendall?

Big Mac Patty Wack

You expect a rookie to make that play, not a seasoned veteran. It was a freak play, yes, but I would expect better from somebody that's been in the league 10 plus years.

If you want to point at one play that lost us the game, this is it. It's perfectly normal for fans to be upset with him.

In watching his interview on TV, it was obvious that no one felt worse than Pete. He manned up and took responsibility. There's plenty of blame to go around, especially, giving up a 43 yard catch at the end of the game...

no one hates him, MMQB like me, see things sitting in my chair no pressure, that look like a no brain'er

so you take all you frustration and disappointment out

then in a day or two, all hugs again

This is not a situation linemen train for. Lineman are trained to get the ball when they see it. Yes he should have fallen on it but its not like it was a fumble. He caught the ball standing up so anyone would have tried to advance it. I just know he is stronger than that and should have held on to the ball better. It just shows how a few plays can change the outcome of any game. We gotta stand behind our team and stop freaking out around here. We are still 4-2 and I am proud of our team as a whole. Lets see how they respond next week!

This is not a situation linemen train for. Lineman are trained to get the ball when they see it.

being an former OLmen, and a family full of them at different levels of play, and a couple coaches, on tipped balls, you are taught, knock it down....

Fumbles your taught fall on it....

never ever try to run with it, you're sweaty, taped up, pads, inexperienced running with the ball... a fumble is bound to happen

Except for the prediction about 6-2 (let's just play the Browns, ok?) I agree completely.

Should Kendall have knocked down the pass on that freak play, and does he know this? For sure.

But the whole team lost to the Lambs. The score never should have been close enough for that play to matter. We should have beaten them like a dusty rug. We should have beaten them 31-7 including Pete's play. Many people had many mental lapses at exactly the wrong times.

Don't blame Pete. He's an excellent lineman. The score never should have been close enough for that to matter.

Yeah, still some delusional fans in here saying 6-2, 7-2. How did that 7-1 prediction go? One game at a time man. Too many big heads in here and in the white jerseys today.

Yeah, still some delusional fans in here saying 6-2, 7-2. How did that 7-1 prediction go? One game at a time man. Too many big heads in here and in the white jerseys today.

agreed. 6-2 will be great, but we gotta beat the Browns 1st.

One game at a time. Any given Sunday.

Umm because he had enough time to just fall down, bat it down instead of thinking he can get what... one yard?

How many times have you seen a lineman in that situation actually TRY to run the ball in that situation?

Such plays aren't fluke becase smart lineman just fall down but the dumdum on our team wanted to look cool.

People are saying oh blame Cooley blah blah... yeah how many ****ing times has CC47 won the game for us? Did Cooley award a free touchdown to the Rams?

What makes more sense. A receiver fumbling the ball or a lineman trying to run for the first down and fumbling the ball?

being an former OLmen, and a family full of them at different levels of play, and a couple coaches, on tipped balls, you are taught, knock it down....

never ever try to run with it, you're sweaty, taped up, pads, inexperienced running with the ball... a fumble is bound to happen

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

All my friends who played OL in HS and College all say FALL ON THE DAMN BALL OR KNOCK IT DOWN :silly::silly:

oh well lets hope this team can be in the position where that play will not come back and haunt us worse down the line

+1 That's OL 101 day 1...you don't try to make a play in that situation...EVER...it's not your job...KNOCK THE BALL DOWN...anything else is a disaster waiting to happen, as was proven so vividly today...that one play cost the Redskins the game, period.

Come on man. You are tought from the first day of Pee Wee football. I a ball is tipped BAT IT DOWN! Just a terrible play on Pete's part. I am sure he knows it himself and feels terrible about it. That doesn't stop the fact that his bone headed play cost us this game.

Are you really trying to make people believe that one play cost us the game? You also are tought from Pee Wee football that one play dont win or lose a game.

Hey Kendall,if your reading this garbage,just know that all Skins fans arent stupid enough to think you cost us the game.You were tryin to make a play.

Cant blame a man for that.

Oh and for all you haters out there.Remember the playoffs last year in Seattle?

Moss gave up on that play,said he didnt think the ball was coming to him.THEN said he lost the ball in the lights.....Hmmmmmm.

BUT yall forgave him didnt you?????

So how bout yall get off the mans nuts huh?

How about my boy Cooley fumbling,or Jason not falling on the ball?

ITS NOT ONE PLAY THAT LOSES A GAME!

This was a team loss.Point,blank,done.

Now move on to next week and stomp them browns!!!!!!!

How DARE people get on Kendell's case about the fumble?

It was a freak play and the ball practically landed in his hands. He tried to make something happen. The tackler knocked the ball out with his helmet.

Seriously, don't even bring it up. It's a non-issue. A freak play. Get over it.

Kendell has been a great veteran player for us since last year. Best trade we've had in a long time. I'm not even saying "give the guy a break." I'm going a step further and saying, "don't even mention it" because it's a non-issue freak play that will never happen again.

I'm sorry, but what if he ran that ball for 7 yards and we ended up getting a first down? People would be saying, "what a great, 'heads up' play by Kendell, trying to make something happen!"

Archived