Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why all the hate for Pete Kendall?

Big Mac Patty Wack

Kendell has been a great veteran player for us since last year. Best trade we've had in a long time. I'm not even saying "give the guy a break." I'm going a step further and saying, "don't even mention it" because it's a non-issue freak play that will never happen again.

I'm sorry, but what if he ran that ball for 7 yards and we ended up getting a first down? People would be saying, "what a great, 'heads up' play by Kendell, trying to make something happen!"

A. Learn how to spell his name.....if you want anyone to believe you even watch the guy closely.

B. Think really hard before starting new threads.

How DARE people get on Kendell's case about the fumble?

It was a freak play and the ball practically landed in his hands. He tried to make something happen. The tackler knocked the ball out with his helmet.

Seriously, don't even bring it up. It's a non-issue. A freak play. Get over it.

Kendell has been a great veteran player for us since last year. Best trade we've had in a long time. I'm not even saying "give the guy a break." I'm going a step further and saying, "don't even mention it" because it's a non-issue freak play that will never happen again.

I'm sorry, but what if he ran that ball for 7 yards and we ended up getting a first down? People would be saying, "what a great, 'heads up' play by Kendell, trying to make something happen!"

STFU. Don't tell us to not get mad about it. That play pretty much cost us the game. It was the "game changing play". The momentum was with the Rams from then on. I mean, I feel bad for him but you are taught as an o lineman to bat the ball down in that situation. Now since it basically went to him he should've just fell down. That's basic knowledge for an o lineman. He falls on it, it's basically an incomplete pass and Jason gets another try. Instead they run it all the way back. It was unfortunate and unlucky, but it turned out how it did so that's how we'll look at it.

I swear extremeskins treats the redskins like a high school JV team sometimes. Mentals errors are tolerated every year. And forgotten. And soon if they lose a couple of games by more mental errors from Cooley or other players on offense they will start to point the finger on Zorn. Soon they will say get rid of Zorn. We need a democrat coach lol.

It was a freak play and the ball practically landed in his hands. He tried to make something happen. The tackler knocked the ball out with his helmet.

He's not supposed to try to make something happen. He's an OL. He should've tried to swat the ball down.

Seriously, don't even bring it up. It's a non-issue. A freak play. Get over it.

A non-issue? It cost us the game IMO.
I agree with you there, his play is solid. But like I said, probably won't ever happen again, but to say it was a non-issue is ignorant.

Maybe. But that didn't happen. He didn't secure the ball, tried to make a play, and pretty much cost the Skins the game.

:2cents:

Oh, and it's Kendall.

*LOL* @ how dare you. Who really says that... Pete Kendell Fan club? his wife? Sure Pete has played great for us, but that doesn't automatically excuse his miscue and being a non hands/skills player trying to do something with the ball he shouldn't. When players try to do things they aren't accustomed to doing that's what happens. He wasn't the only one that blundered today but his mishap turned into 7pts.

I thought it was a big mistake to catch the ball in the first place. Given the circumstances, we needed a couple quick plays down the field, so we wouldnt have to rely on a 15 yard td pass. also only had one timeout. kendall would have at best got back to the line of scrimmage (he caught it about 6 yards behind the los, and was tackled 4 yards behind), with the clock running. just poor judgement that led to something much worse.

Obviously a lot of you guys have never played organized football on any level. When you're caught up in the moment and you're down by a couple scores, your body takes over. Pete wanted to win and his will to win told him to catch that ball and move towards the end zone... had he gained a couple yards we would all be praising him for quick wits, it just so happened the complete opposite occurred. Honest mistake. It should have never come down to one play, we should have laid on the points early an d often, but the skins didn't.

Obviously a lot of you guys have never played organized football on any level. When you're caught up in the moment and you're down by a couple scores, your body takes over. Pete wanted to win and his will to win told him to catch that ball and move towards the end zone... had he gained a couple yards we would all be praising him for quick wits, it just so happened the complete opposite occurred. Honest mistake. It should have never come down to one play, we should have laid on the points early an d often, but the skins didn't.

Body and mind are one entity. Materialism.

Let me ask, would the frustration be the same if Randel El or one of the WR fumbles it away and then the rams still return the kick? Is the frustration only because Kendall is a OL?

Yes. A fumble by a WR is more likely to happen and a common occurence in the game. Happens all the time. Happened to Cooley today. Happened to Andre Johnson too.

What Pete Kendall did was something that should have never happened. It was a moronic move by him to even think about running. I understand that he might have caught it instinctively but the fact that he tried to run with it even though he had a good amount of time to fall down and take the loss makes it that much worse. As soon as he started running like an idiot, I knew the play was going to end up in a terrible way.

There is no other way to put it. There is a reason why lineman who block on special teams are told to FALL DOWN if the kick is pooched to them or kicked high. You don't run with the ball if your a lineman period. :mad::doh::(

I don't have any hate for Pete Kendall and that was before I saw the interview in which he blamed the loss completely on himself. The game shouldn't have been that close to begin with. Cooley had a costly fumble as well. The team lacked focus, mostly on offense, and that is what lost us the game. Campbell should fell on the bad snap, Rabach shouldn't have made such a poor snap etc. etc. I could go on, but it simply comes down to a lack of focus by the offense as a whole. At least Portis continues to look excellent. I can tell you this much, I wouldn't want to be the Browns on Sunday. The Skins are going to pissed. At least the Cowboys lost, that helped slightly ease my disappointment.

**** happens. Funny thing about this wonderful game of football. It's played by people. And people make mistakes and have bad days. And then they move on and try to do better. No doubt that this team will endeavor to do so and Pet's a more that solid enough player and pro to do just that.

Archived