Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al Gore's Energy Consumption

USS Redskins

On 60 minutes a few months ago they said that he's made changes to his house since.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/27/60minutes/main3974389.shtml

They bought an 18-room mansion in Nashville. After they moved in, they were criticized because the house "Mr. Global Warming" lived in used 20 times more energy than the average American household. Since then, they have retrofitted everything, including installing 33 solar panels on the roof.

He’s also making his parents' farm eco-friendly, by installing windmills to generate electricity, with plans to turn it into a training center for people from all over the world.

I'll admit, he isn't doing the best job of leading by example.

I do wonder though, how are his private bills subject to an information request

obtained information about Gore’s home energy use through a public records request to the Nashville Electric Service

It is funny that you made this thread, because just this morning, we watched An Inconvenient Truth in class. I've been a little skeptical about global warming but I thought the film was well made and had compelling arguments. However, I did notice several instances where he manipulated information to fit his needs.

Either way, we should all do some things to curb our environmental impact (I'm talking to you 80% of SUV owners that don't frigging need them). After listening to what he said in the film, he would be the last person I would suspect of being part of the problem.

Let's continue to debate Global Warming until it's too late to do anything about it.

Makes perfect sense.

Let's cripple the economy and still not have a effect on global temperatures.

Is that more sensible?

Is global warming coming,or a mini ice age?

Can we stop/change either?...or do we determine the effects and adapt?

Is that more sensible?

aren't we technically still in an ice-age?

Is that more sensible?

1. Do they really have to be mutually exclusive?

2. There is essentially no evidence that a mini-ice age might be coming. Even with the reduction in solar output, May was the 8th warmest May on record and this spring was the 7th warmest.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/2008/may/global.html#introduction

Those are hardly in line w/ what would expect for a coming mini-ice age.

3. We honestly don't know if we don't try, and while it isn't very scientific I will quote my fater here, 'It is easier not to get in a hole than to get out of one.'

Always seemed like a good conservative attitude to me.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

According to snopes, while Gore's home uses more energy than most, he also goes out of his way to buy his energy from 'green' sources, such as solar, wind and methane gas to minimize his carbon ... whatever it is.

I'm not much of an environmentalist, but is the guy doesn't have to live in a mud hut to be right about global warming. Personally I haven't seen his movie and I haven't looked much into his arguments to know if they are compelling or not, but pointing out that he lives in a big house doesn't really do much for the opposition in this debate either, if you ask me. Attacking the messenger won't change the message.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

According to snopes, while Gore's home uses more energy than most, he also goes out of his way to buy his energy from 'green' sources, such as solar, wind and methane gas to minimize his carbon ... whatever it is.

I'm not much of an environmentalist, but is the guy doesn't have to live in a mud hut to be right about global warming. Personally I haven't seen his movie and I haven't looked much into his arguments to know if they are compelling or not, but pointing out that he lives in a big house doesn't really do much for the opposition in this debate either, if you ask me. Attacking the messenger won't change the message.

Only in America do we go out of our way to degrade a Nobel Peace Prize winner. I wonder if any other country's citizens have ever come close to attacking a fellow countryman who won the Nobel Peace Prize.

I don't know if his house uses too much energy or not, but he's the only guy in the world trying to get the whole world together to try to do something about climate change. But, that's not good enough. :doh:

Way to quote slanted statistics (to support a meaningless talking point), big guy!

I'll admit that the headline is misleading, but assuming the math is accurate, he's still using 20 times the energy of the average home. More than anything, I'm just curious what he's using all that energy on, especially considering the energy-efficient upgrades he supposedly made. Does he host rock concerts in his basement? I have no idea, I'm just curious.

I'll admit that the headline is misleading, but assuming the math is accurate, he's still using 20 times the energy of the average home. More than anything, I'm just curious what he's using all that energy on, especially considering the energy-efficient upgrades he supposedly made. Does he host rock concerts in his basement? I have no idea, I'm just curious.

Growing pot.

It's much bigger than the average American home, and it was built more than a hundred years ago. Al Gore lives in a 10,000 square-foot mansion. It probably has high ceilings, poor insulation, and there are probably windows all over the place. There's only so much you can do with efficiency to overcome 100-year-old architecture.

Let's continue to debate Global Warming until it's too late to do anything about it.

Let's all fall hook, line, and sinker for a hoax created and designed to take money from people who are deemed "blessed" and "more fortunate...<----- read people who work hard and earn a nice income----- and redistribute it to people around the globe who don't have to qualify for it nor deserve it. Screw charity and world relief efforts says the UN and the Liberal Left around the globe.... let's just take money from the rich segment of America and give it to everyone else. No thanks!!! :doh:

Archived