Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charlton Heston has passed away

ECU-ALUM

I recently watched Midway, which was a very good World War II movie starring Heston. There were a lot of interviews with Heston in the Bonus Materials, and he really came across as a really intelligent man who was very well-informed on history and politics. He was really a great man and a great actor, and the fact that two of his movies, Ben Hur and the Ten Commandments, still get replayed on TV every single year is a testament to his incredible talent.

RIP Mr. Heston.

Great actor, though a bit of a loon. Rest in peace.

*sigh* I could make a terrible joke right now, but that would be in bad taste. I know someone will, eventually, though.

'Loon' is in the eye of the beholder. And yeah, jokes are for another day.

'Loon' is in the eye of the beholder. And yeah, jokes are for another day.

Thank you Tarhog

And did you know dcnativenerd that before he became a conservative, Charton Heston was the FIRST Hollywood actor to march alongside Martin Luther King Jr?

what the ****?

what the ****?

what the **** man!! that ****ing sucks.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor Charlton Heston died at Beverly Hills home at the age of 84 Saturday, his family said.

Heston, known for portrayals of larger than life figure including Moses and Ben Hur, was suffering the late stages of Alzheimer's Disease.

Heston's wife of 64 years, Lydia, was by his side at the time of his death, according to the family statement.

He was president of the National Rifle Association from 1998 to 2002, a role that cast him as a conservative.

Thats for me....

RIP, guess they can finally take away his guns.

RIP

after they pry his CD fingers away ;)

I got this email from the NRA today "Jesus don't take away my guns"

"Dear Smith & Wesson Customer,

Gun owners are facing a pivotal battle for the future of the Second Amendment in the upcoming election on November 4th, 2008 --- and your help is needed, NOW !

If this election goes against us, anti-Second Amendment politicians could win the White House and a stronger majority in Congress; and have control of Federal agencies, key Congressional Committees and the Federal Judiciary.

Now, more than ever, we must protect our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms from those who would take those rights away.

The best way to do that is through membership in the National Rifle Association [NRA], and I urge you to JOIN NOW."

Archived