Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charlton Heston has passed away

ECU-ALUM

Great actor, though a bit of a loon. Rest in peace.

*sigh* I could make a terrible joke right now, but that would be in bad taste. I know someone will, eventually, though.

When was he a loon? When he was a very early part of the civil rights movement or when his personal politics started to disagree with your own?

Great actor, though a bit of a loon. Rest in peace.

*sigh* I could make a terrible joke right now, but that would be in bad taste. I know someone will, eventually, though.

It doesn't take long for people to show their colors around here... especially when news like this occurs.

Thanks for showing yours... we all know what we're dealing with going forward. So, thanks for that.

As much as I didn't like his politics, to see anybody suffer through Alzheimer's breaks my heart. What Michael Moore did to him was horrible, imo.

As for the jokes - the guy made a living saying 'from my cold, dead hand' so they do come pretty easy...

RIP.

Wow, that's sad. Even though I'm not a big fan of the religious movies, Heston really stood out in them. "Let my people go" is one of those classic movie moments/lines that would only have been as good delivered by a handful of other actors. Soylent Green is one of my sll tine favorites and he was very good in Planet of the Apes as well.

Finally, he was a very intelligent guy and that really came across in his leadership of the NRA.

RIP

It's a real shame that for too many young 'uns he'll be remembered for his appearance in Bowling for Columbine, as a confused old man being bullied by Michael Moore.

I'm not sure he was the greatest actor, but he did star in some of the greatest blockbusters ever made. He also took a stand in favor of civil rights at a time when it placed his career in jeopardy.

For me by far his best role was in Touch of Evil, which he also helped get off the ground with Orson Welles as director.

Just one more reason to hate Michael Moore in my opinion. Someone should have beat him up in that movie...

Don't worry about Michael Moore when all is said and done...I think it is safe to say that people will recall Mr. Heston with respect & admiration...people can see through Michael Moore's liberal limo lifestyle a mile away...the guy (Moore) is a putz who needs to get kicked in the crotch once a day everyday for one year.

Don't worry about Michael Moore when all is said and done...I think it is safe to say that people will recall Mr. Heston with respect & admiration...people can see through Michael Moore's liberal limo lifestyle a mile away...the guy (Moore) is a putz who needs to get kicked in the crotch once a day everyday for one year.

I agree. Well said. :cheers:

Archived