Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Open Letter: Star Jones Checks Bill O'Reilly's Racist Remark

Thinking Skins

Rush Limbaugh Very Sorry That Obama Reminds Him Of A Monkey

After a caller yesterday amused radio host Rush Limbaugh with a comparison between Senator Barack Obama and beloved icon of children's literature Curious George, the radio host returned from a break and immediately apologized—no doubt at the behest of frantic staffers who somehow realized that noting a resemblance between an African-American man and a monkey might even be too racist for Rush Limbaugh's show. Limbaugh swore that he had never heard of the Curious George character ("I never heard of Curious George until that caller. I don't care how old Curious George is. I never heard of Curious George. I had no idea what she was talking about. Now they tell me Curious George is a monkey. ") and blamed his laughter at a joke involving someone he claims to have never heard of on the fact that he was "sick," presumably with that bigot flu that's going around.

What is left to say except Rush limp-balls is either a really dumb smart guy or he knows exactly what he is saying for ratings/reaction/support of his lame show. Funny how he used the phrase but now has no idea who Curious George is.:rolleyes:

Rush Limbaugh Very Sorry That Obama Reminds Him Of A Monkey

After a caller yesterday amused radio host Rush Limbaugh with a comparison between Senator Barack Obama and beloved icon of children's literature Curious George, the radio host returned from a break and immediately apologized—no doubt at the behest of frantic staffers who somehow realized that noting a resemblance between an African-American man and a monkey might even be too racist for Rush Limbaugh's show. Limbaugh swore that he had never heard of the Curious George character ("I never heard of Curious George until that caller. I don't care how old Curious George is. I never heard of Curious George. I had no idea what she was talking about. Now they tell me Curious George is a monkey. ") and blamed his laughter at a joke involving someone he claims to have never heard of on the fact that he was "sick," presumably with that bigot flu that's going around.

Seriously, how do you not know who Curious George is? Lame.

What is left to say except O'Reilly is either a really dumb smart guy or he knows exactly what he is saying for ratings/reaction/support of his lame show. Funny how he used the phrase but now has no idea who Curious George is.:rolleyes:

That was Rush Limbaugh, not O'Reilly.

Here's how you tell them apart.

The first one is smart and evil.

The second one is stupid and evil.

I'd like to get behind Star Jones. If ya know what I mean.

Really? I know she had the curves you dig before the operation... but really? Star Jones? No matter what she weighs, she's just so... I don't know... skeezy.

(Shivering.)

And this is where the problem is. People who look at themselves as a class/race/religion first and Americans second are what's wrong.

Woe, hold on a second there. . .is it Michelle Obama who is looking at herself as different, or Bill O'Rilley who is singling her out because she is black and equating a lynching party to her? Was this done to a white woman, or just the black woman? Because from where I see it, she was the one singled out by a rich white male of privilege.

Not once do I say "gee I wonder how this country views me as a hispanic american?". Its absolutely idiotic and its what keeps the progression of race relations in this country from going forward instead of being at a standstill the last 30 years. This sense of me versus them cos of the color of my skin/sexual preference/religion is going to kill us all.

Then you should be appalled by what the "no spin" man said. HE is the one singling out a person because of race, then to exacerbate the situation uses language which is both deplorable and downright disgusting in describing what he would so.

Also. . . if you think race relations are at a standstill in this country since 1978, you really don't know what you are talking about. Heck, when was the first black QB? Football coach? CEO? President? Things progress in society a little slower then I would like to see, but they do progress. Heck, we just had our first Hispanic governor in the past decade.

If instead of saying what he said, Bill had said the following would you think it was a racist statement:

"Michelle Obama wouldn't say that b/c she's not a n***er. Only a n***er would ever say that and mean it, and she's not a n***er. Now, if she did say it, then we'll track it down and brand her a n***er."

Would that be a racist statement, or what that be him defending her as well?

It's an issue of degree, I think. I think your example is way amped up.

For example... If I say, "I hate you," that doesn't mean that I'm a racist. It doesn't even mean I'm a racist if you're African American. It could, but there could be other reasons.

However, if I say, "I hate you, N______" It probably does mean that I'm a racist.

Certain words are loaded and they are weighted a specific way. Now, to be completely honest, I have no idea if O'Reilly is racist or not, but I do believe that based on those specific words in that sentence, it's very difficult to prove that he is.

Now, if you are going to say to me, "I find those words offensive and the insinuation implied within dangerous" I can't argue with you. I don't think the intent of malice or threat is there personally, but certainly people hear things with different ears based on their experiences.

That is absolutely ridiculous. That was a racist threat made her way which was MAYBE not intended to say "I'm going to lynch you," but was intended to frighten her into apologizing.

If you really are going to say that that comment was made in defense of Michelle Obama, then you are really just blindly supporting a racist because he's a republican.

And just to clarify because I asked a compound question there which was confusing, but you do think you need to perform an act to be racist, or you do think that words alone can be racist.

First of all, I can't belive people are still arguing about this topic, but after reading the thread above, I understand the mentality that keeps this subject snowballing.

TSF - did you even WATCH the O'Reilly episode in which he used the term lynching party? Clearly not, because had you actually paid attention even a TINY bit you would have concluded that in NO way was that a threat to Michelle Obama. Do you understand context? If you put the words before "lynching part" in context with the words after 'lynching party' and listened to the entire statement, you would have seen he was defending Mrs. Obama.

I understand that this wasn't the best use of terminology when an African American is the subject, but to say that using the term "lyniching party" in a figure of speech context is blanketly racist is absolutely absurd.

You can't hold that against people. O'Reilly is unwatchable. :laugh:

Haha, ok, I'll give you that: many people don't like O'Reilly (however, I personally don't mind the guy too much watch his show on occasion). I guess I should have phrased it, did TSF even consider the entire CONTEXT in which the word was used or did he just hear the word (or read in the NY Times) "lynch" and automatically assume racism and cry foul?

Yawn, what she said did border on being ungrateful of her opportunities as well as stupid.

And yes there was about to be a LYNCH MOB mentality after she said this junk not once but twice and I interpreted Bill to be saying lets wait for the facts which is what he said on the TV show then let minorities on both sides of the issue respond.

And if you think America is unfair, you have freedom of movement to check out all of those other great countries in the world.... oh wait there are people in those countries that see color too, gasp even in Africa.

Show the same amount of outrage at black on black crime in DC where now the elderly rob the elderly coming out of stores and force them to max ATM withdrawals at their bank of america instead of the always skewed media matters.

And just to clarify because I asked a compound question there which was confusing, but you do think you need to perform an act to be racist, or you do think that words alone can be racist.

Here was your question:

Don't you think words alone can make someone a racist?

Here was my answer:

Yes, I do. Absolutely, and I apologize for not answering before.

Sorry you missed it the first time. I guess it's just easier to be condescending for no reason than acknowledge my response.

:cheers:

That's a specific example. The discussion is whether or not a white person can use the word 'lynch' talking about a black person. Lynch is a verb - anyway, even as an adjective it suggests action and therefore is in no way comparable to a proper noun.

It also happens to be the SPECIFIC EXAMPLE O'REILLY USED. Kinda relevant, no?

:1stplace: = DMFOTI (dumbest mutha ****er on the internet) AWARD

Deliberate dishonesty and personal attacks. I guess that's all you've got when you don't have the ability make a legitimate point.

Congratulations, gents. :cheers:

I'm off to watch Tulane Skins Fan fabricate something else O'Reilly didn't say in order to argue with it. :laugh:

Ok HH, I thought this was sorta over, but I find you blatantly LYING about what happened so that you could call me condescending. This is what you said went down:

Here was your question:
Don't you think words alone can make someone a racist?

Here was my answer:

Sorry you missed it the first time. I guess it's just easier to be condescending for no reason than acknowledge my response.

:cheers:

Ok, UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU, if you read the entire post, you will see that I actually did ask two questions from the opposite perspectives of you. This is what I ACTUALLY posted before you did a little cut and paste job on my post to make it look like I asked a simple question and was just being condescending to you:

Do you ever care to answer my question though? Do you think you need to perform some action to be a racist? Don't you think words alone can make someone a racist?

And what you answered:

So, you see, you totally blatantly misrepresented my post falsely. I was NOT being condescending. All I did was point out that I MADE A BAD POST, and asked a question in which your answer could have had two meanings. See, the sentence right before you posted said "do you need to perform some action to be racist?" if you were answering "yes, i do. Absolutely, and I apologize...." to that question, well that has a totally different meaning than if you were answering the question "Don't you think words alone can make someone racist?"

See, so I was honestly and openly saying that I asked a bad question. YOU on the other hand, decided to manipulate my post, to make it look like I was being a "condescending" jerk to you. I clearly was not. But after seeing you do that, for the sole purpose of trying to make me look like a dick, I think you are manipulative now.

The thing that is really bad, is that you obviously went back and quoted my post, so you re-read it when you edited my post. You must have come to the conclusion that I was not being condescending, but that I actually did ask a bad question, and therefore could not figure out which question you were answering. So, you INTENTIONALLY went ahead and tried to make it look like I was being a jerk to you. And then you put that little :cheers: on there like I'm gonna be ok with you calling me condescending for a post that YOU edited on your own. Unbelievable.

Especially ridiculous in that you accused me of "fabricating" things that O'Reilly said, when you just FABRICATED SOMETHING THAT I SAID. And, you talk about "personal attacks," well making up a post to make me look "condescending" is the definition of personal attack.

First of all, I can't belive people are still arguing about this topic, but after reading the thread above, I understand the mentality that keeps this subject snowballing.

TSF - did you even WATCH the O'Reilly episode in which he used the term lynching party? Clearly not, because had you actually paid attention even a TINY bit you would have concluded that in NO way was that a threat to Michelle Obama. Do you understand context? If you put the words before "lynching part" in context with the words after 'lynching party' and listened to the entire statement, you would have seen he was defending Mrs. Obama.

I understand that this wasn't the best use of terminology when an African American is the subject, but to say that using the term "lyniching party" in a figure of speech context is blanketly racist is absolutely absurd.

In answer to your question Keeastman, YES, I did see the O'Reilly speech. After seeing it, it is an absolute joke to me that anyone would say that he was defending her. I do understand context. Apparently, you do not understand connotations though because the word "lynch" when used in "context" with any black person, connotes racism. I guess Bill O'Reilly did not know that or something? I call absolute BS.

And I'm sorry to be so blunt to you Keeastman, but HH set me off with that absolute BS he wrote about me being condescending to him.

And this is where the problem is. People who look at themselves as a class/race/religion first and Americans second are what's wrong.

Not once do I say "gee I wonder how this country views me as a hispanic american?". Its absolutely idiotic and its what keeps the progression of race relations in this country from going forward instead of being at a standstill the last 30 years. This sense of me versus them cos of the color of my skin/sexual preference/religion is going to kill us all.

:applause:

It also happens to be the SPECIFIC EXAMPLE O'REILLY USED. Kinda relevant, no?

Nope. Especially since in this instance, like I said, the adjective suggests action and therefore is in no way comparable to a proper noun. If you want to claim victory over this in such a nitpicking fashion, go right ahead. But know that when I said it was a verb I was referencing the word lynch, which is, afterall, the root of the adjective lynching. ;)

Archived