Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins: Content and staff positions will be coming available.

Art

I've been wondering what to do with my 1000th post and can't think of anything better than to thank you guys for all your countless number of hours you've put into this place. It definitely won't be the same without you.

I have only one question: with all you old-timers leaving lately, are you secretly creating a board somewhere else? If so, I want in. :D

Kidding, of course (unless you really are creating another board).

Thanks again for all your hard work, dedication to the site and its members, and most importantly, the insight and viewpoints you've added to the discussions. I hope we'll still see a lot of those! :cheers:

Don't want to give the impression my silence indicates lack of appreciation for the kind words. It doesn't.

Fact is, ES has evolved in a direction I don't feel I'm particularly well-suited to represent. As a result, I've been finding myself out of step with some guys I have a lot more affection and respect for than I think they probably know. Those that know me can probably understand why that wasn't a great situation. It was driving me nuts. :)

In the end, I believe the best thing for all concerned is for me to take a deep breath, take a big step back and just let it be.

Don't want to give the impression my silence indicates lack of appreciation for the kind words. It doesn't.

Fact is, ES has evolved in a direction I don't feel I'm particularly well-suited to represent. As a result, I've been finding myself out of step with some guys I have a lot more affection and respect for than I think they probably know. Those that know me can probably understand why that wasn't a great situation. It was driving me nuts. :)

In the end, I believe the best thing for all concerned is for me to take a deep breath, take a big step back and just let it be.

You know this will be the cause of a lot of speculation and wildass talk, right?

I think I'll go start some right now :D

Figure this is as good a place as any for this. Hopefully without making a big deal out of it … I have stepped down from my role with the ES Staff. Doesn’t mean you’re rid of me altogether, just that going forward I’ll be an UNofficial unapologetic Redskins homer around here. More importantly, it also means you’ll need to direct requests for admin assistance to the remaining crew--I’m hereby off duty. :cool:

Cheers to those who remain, and best wishes to those to follow.

Ditto here - I am also stepping down from my staff position. Going to focus on just being another boneheaded member. This comes easy to me :) Requests for staff assistance should go to the other staffmembers, not Om or myself going forward.
This is the worst news I've heard on this board since Gibbs retired.

I can't even imagine this place without Om's moderation. It's seems impossible. To me, the two personalities -- that of Om and that of the board - are one and the same. This is truly frightening.

I know Tarhog has been trying to pull away for quite a while now. He pulled away once already for a number of reasons - which I believe involve conflict of ideas. Then he came back. But he hasn't been as visible as he used to be. Now he's pulling away again.

I can only hope you two will eventually consider this a vacation -- an extended break - and you both will eventually come back as moderators. The fact is, this board needs both of you and it won't ever be the same without you.

I never met Om. I don't even know what he looks like. Nevertheless, I'm actually getting watery eyed here...

Thanks to both of you for all that you've done. I enjoy both of your posts and OM's blog..good reading right there! I've not interacted w/either of you on a regular basis but I've come to respect both of you. I'm sure this place can zap all of your time before you know it.

Thanks for the services you've both rendered. Hope to see you both hanging out here from time to time and making your presences felt in some way!

Hail!

ldy

I can only hope you two will eventually consider this a vacation -- an extended break - and you both will eventually come back as moderators. The fact is, this board needs both of you and it won't ever be the same without you.

I never met Om. I don't even know what he looks like. Nevertheless, I'm actually getting watery eyed here...

They'll both be back....after spending countless hours on this board over the last (almost) decade, their families will not even recognize them as they attempt to blend back in... :D

Seriously though, thanks for all you guys have done over these many years. I am amazed at the hard work you all put into this place. I'm not ashamed to say I don't have it in me to work that hard for so little reward. You guys are simply amazing. Enjoy your rest.

John and Mark always have the ability to return at their mere request. ES is a lifetime agreement. Every admin has taken time off, either with a formal goodbye, or just a quiet time away.

Hell, we still consider Buddha staff :).

Archived