Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins: Content and staff positions will be coming available.

Art

I never met Om. I don't even know what he looks like. Nevertheless, I'm actually getting watery eyed here...

I meant OM once. I seriously thought he was an enigma of sorts, prior to our handshake. It ws a brief conversation during the Bills game this year (Sean's Fedex Field Memorial Game). However, you can tell he is a class act off the boards, just the same as he is on them.

I never met Tarhog but, still have respect for him with just the little bit of knowledge that I have of him. You and I still have to do a game together in the near future. :cheers:

Mark, John. I really don't know what to say. You guys were not only two of the finest moderators we had around here, you ARE two of the finest people.

I don't know what takes place behind the scenes, and frankly I don't want to know. But I sincerely hope that losing moderators who are fair, open-minded, and honest; and have the best interest of the board in mind at all times, doesn't become a trend.

It is my privilege to be able to call you gentlemen friends, and I wish you the very best in everything that you do. And while I understand you've relinquished your official positions, I hope that you won't be strangers.

My best to you both.

:cheers:

John and Mark always have the ability to return at their mere request. ES is a lifetime agreement. Every admin has taken time off, either with a formal goodbye, or just a quiet time away.

Hell, we still consider Buddha staff smile.gif.

Thanks Art. This is some comfort. There were several times when comments from these two well-versed individuals caused me reflect on my earlier position. Heck, I've got to admit that there 'may' even have been a time or two when their feedback resulted in me amending my original position. There are not too many folks who can do that.

Om, Tarhog -- We will miss being able to looking forward to your frequent posts. Frankly, we are always looking forward to what you've got to say. -- and your quality postings are part of what makes ES one of the premier boards around. Like Longshot (Jason) said -- you are both part of the attraction to this board. So, please, dont' stay away long, and definitely keep open the option of returning to your former positions

FYI, I've got to say this to Om: -- Your post on the start of football season after a long off-season was priceless!! I still find myself mulling over that one. Please consider re-posting some version of that before the next season opens.

To John and Mark-- cheers.gif

indeed it is, i haven't seen DieHard on here in ages.

Hopefully you two don't end up like some of the old timers, and stop coming around. :(

What happened to Die Hard? I don't post here nearly as much as I have in the past but I still read a lot, but now that I see who's "gone", it makes me wonder how I could have been so oblivious to what's going on in the Mod department.

Good luck to Tarhog and OM in whatever endeavors you choose to pursue and don't be afraid to stop by every now and then and grace us with your abundant wealth of Redskin knowledge. :)

Fact is, ES has evolved in a direction I don't feel I'm particularly well-suited to represent. As a result, I've been finding myself out of step with some guys I have a lot more affection and respect for than I think they probably know. Those that know me can probably understand why that wasn't a great situation. It was driving me nuts. :)

In the end, I believe the best thing for all concerned is for me to take a deep breath, take a big step back and just let it be.

Om, this is a stunner. You have been the single most consitent mod presence on this board for years, and a strong positive force. No disrespect to Art, but he tends to disappear for long periods ... usually when the team is going in the tank. :)

I've tweaked you from time to time on your homerism, but it was in the context of great respect for what you have done for this board, for so long.

Now your comment here ("evolved in a direction") has me insanely curious, but I suppose your meaning will become apparent over time.

Tarhog, you're one of the very best of ExtremeSkins, one of my all-time favorite members. I tend to think that your latest move back to the great unwashed is the sign of dark things to come. Especially in tandem with Om's moving on. Is Dan Snyder really eating live babies for breakfast now?

I congratulate you both on your good timing in stepping aside at this moment. It's a relatively happy time, as things go these days for Redskins fans. Who can be blamed for leaving the carnage, when the carnage is not yet in sight?

You have made a great contribution to thousands of fans, and you will be missed.

:notworthy

:cheers:

Thanks guys, way to piss in my Kool-aid. That is not the burgundy and gold combo I had in mind when I signed on today.

Either way brothers, I understand change even when I don't like it. Lots of respect for both of you guys and I look forward to many more opportunities to involve myself in discussions with the both of you. Good Luck.

This isn't a wake gang, while I hate to see Om and Tarhog feeling like they need to step back I don't get the impression they are stepping away. Try and look on the bright side, we will get to meet a whole new class of mods that will surely improve ES the way that PCS or iheart have. Perhaps this might allow Om to express himself more as just a member than being confined in his role as mod ( Tarhog hasn't ever been restrained by anything, has he? :) )and that could only be good thing as well.

It is human nature to resist change, to not want to let go of something we see as positive but this allows growth and improvement. Just be willing to lend a helping hand to those trying to fill those big shoes guys. You are going to be tough acts to follow.

Well guys, there's been plenty said already, it would be hard to come up with a brand new way to express my appreciation. Know that you are appreciated even if I never met either of you. Good luck and do stick around, I enjoy being able to read your fan views every once in awhile.

I never met Om. I don't even know what he looks like. Nevertheless, I'm actually getting watery eyed here...

Mark, I've told you this before, but stop chopping onions while you post on this board.:laugh:

Archived