Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fanhouse:Dr. Z on Art Monk's Hall of Fame Chances: 'Just Put Him the F--- In Already'

carter23

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/01/30/dr-z-on-art-monk-s-hall-of-fame-chances-just-put-him-the-f/

I then asked Zimmerman about the upcoming Pro Football Hall of Fame selection meeting, which is on the day before the Super Bowl. Zimmerman is one of the selectors, and he recently changed his mind about former Redskins receiver Art Monk, saying that after years of being the most vocal opponent of Monk's enshrinement, he will now vote for Monk. So what changed his mind?

"I figured, just put him the f--- in already," Zimmerman told me. "I'm tired of being the a--hole."

So there you have it. Monk has his best chance yet of getting into the Hall of Fame because one of America's most respected football writers is tired of being an a--hole

I thought he already voted for him last year?

Either way, I don't have any respect for the HOF until the ****ing media isn't the ones voting.

Monk held several records when he retired and was also probably the best blocking WR in the league for 15 years. Really makes no sense that he wasn't first ballot. The only claim against him was that he only went to 3 Pro Bowls, well we all know how the voting for that goes.

Wait, so you want to put him in the Hall because you admit you were being an ******* for KEEPING him out for no good reason.

That's basically what I understood from his quote.

I kept Art Monk out of the hall of fame because I'm an *******.

Somehow, I remember some comments last year by King or Dr. Z that Art Monk 'probably does deserve to go in'. Yet when the voting was done, he was left out again. I'll believe it when he's finally inducted. It's way overdue, and the voters' bias throughout the process is another reason why the HOF voting process is flawed.

God what an donky rump!

He is finally going to do what he should do anyway just because he is tired of the notarity of refusing to do his job in a fair and unbiased way?

What a tool. Whoever pickes these people who pick the players to go in, kick that lump out right now! It is not just about Monk, it's the confession that he does not care to form thoughts and stand by them. How many other players are getting the shaft from this goat jumping maggot pie?

Turd bucket.....eeesh....pass the rolaids

Archived