Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fanhouse:Dr. Z on Art Monk's Hall of Fame Chances: 'Just Put Him the F--- In Already'

carter23

I thought he already voted for him last year?

Either way, I don't have any respect for the HOF until the ****ing media isn't the ones voting.

Monk held several records when he retired and was also probably the best blocking WR in the league for 15 years. Really makes no sense that he wasn't first ballot. The only claim against him was that he only went to 3 Pro Bowls, well we all know how the voting for that goes.

Bingo. The whole process needs an overhaul. A bunch of great players and coaches that played against and with Monk have endorsed him, but it is obvious that the 46 sportswriters in charge know better.

Dr.Z you will always be a prick no matter if you change your vote or not.

At this point it doesn't matter to me. If Art does get in, I'll send BOTH Z and Petey King an e-mail thanking them for supporting Art. The fans know the truth. We just need the writers to supply OUR votes. I don't give a rat's patootie for their reasons.

At http://www.coachmike.net/artmonk/artmonk.htm, I talk about the fact that Dr. Z and King now are pro-Monk but they were anti-Monk for the first 5-6 years of his candidacy and were very vocal about it. They swayed a lot of the voters and did a lot of damage that remains today. I called the guy filling in for Ferrall on Sirius tonight and he mentioned the Pro Bowl thing. I'm sure he googled Monk HOF and found an old King or Zimmerman quote. Monk could've been to 5-6 Pro Bowls but others got voted in some years though Monk had similar or better stats. Also, he was a strong finisher and Pro Bowl results come in at around week 14. Pro Bowl voting ignores the playoffs. Joiner and Swann each went to three Pro Bowls and Biletnikoff and Stallworth went to four. (Riggins went to one). It's literally not possible that there's a more glaring omission from the Hall than Art Monk. The 91 Skins, 17-2 with an avg. 17 point margin of victory, second only to the 85 Bears and 07 Pats, never ever get mentioned as one of the NFL's best ever. That team has no HOFers. Same for the 87 SB winning team. And only one HOFer from the 82 SB winning team. There's a really weird idea out there that it was all Joe Gibbs and the Skins had no great players.

Why is someone with this careless attitude towards a player & the Hall of Fame allowed to decide to enters and who doesn't. He is voting Monk in because he's bored with being a piece of ****? My, what a good reason to change your mind on something. There has to be another way to determine who lets players into the Hall...

It's a shame that people like him are relevant in any way.

Actually, I believe this whole mess regarding Monk shows that this *****H0LE is NOT relevant.

While I want Monk to get into the HOF to allow him to get his final, well deserved accolade, just the fact that dumb-*****e$ like this can keep him out shows me how irrevelant the whole process really is.

Like Monk, hate Monk, don't care about Monk, it is OK with me. Noone, and I mean NOONE, with any football knowledge can honestly say that he wasn't one of the most dominant players at his position for his career. He defined the term 'posession receiver', allowing the Skins to keep the ball (and win lots of games). He was the ultimate team player, and neither Dr A-hole nor any other supposed 'expert' can tell me otherwise. All I have to say is 'Look at the tape. The proof is right there'.

Archived