Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

I have no reason to lie bro.

Nah, man. I wasn't accusing YOU of lying. I believed you saw it somewhere. I was wondering where you saw it because I think whoever originally wrote is full of it. I see it comes from JLC. And that sounds like bunk. I don't see how on one hand JLC says GW has been completely silent, but on the other hand claim to know that GW likes Zorn as an OC. That's why I was wondering where you saw it.

Not only has Saunders been the OC but he has been the one that has been schooling Campbell. Zorn comes from a completely different school of offensive thought than Saunders does.

I have a bad feeling that we are going to be drafting yet another QB in the first day of the draft that fits Zorn's philosophy very soon.

the speculations reports he was hired to help JC.

LIke I said earlier, I'm surpsised Jim left the area here, but Dan can be very alluring when hiring. :) And IMO, people who love JC and believe he's the full meal deal could consider this a boon vs. Al being JC's main mentor.

Bingo Jumbo!

This is probably the best thing that could happen to JC. He sure wasn't going to thrive in Sauders OF. To me, this is like giving JC a second chance.:)

FROM REDSKINS INSIDER

The two were especially concerned, sources said, about the development of young quarterback Jason Campbell, whose progress is the organization's top priority.

-----------------------

I have to say that if this is about developing Jason then I'm at least pleased it's a top priority.

So starting over is in Jason's best interest for development? At least when he struggles again next year he'll have another excuse to stick around yet another year to develop. If he ever had a good shot at breaking through and being what we hoped for, it just got set back another 2 seasons.

Stupid move. It was clear to me that Campbell and the offense had improved from the first year to the next, and Todd Collins proved that the offense can be pretty good. I hate being a fan of a franchise that never gives it's coaches a chance (with Snyder) to prove themselves. We'll never be consistently good that way.

Bottom line is that Saunders' offense failed the team over the year (home vs. NY, home vs. Buffalo to name a couple) and ultimately the blame lies on the offense for the Seattle game. We had them by the neck, and couldn't finish the job.

7 OC's in 7 Years for Campbell.....*sigh* I tell ya

7 OC's in 8 years, but your point is valid.

FROM REDSKINS INSIDER

Zorn Deal is True

This is from Jason Reid: We've confirmed an ESPN report that Jim Zorn has been hired as the Redskins' new offensive coordinator even though a head coach has not been named. We reported a couple days ago that Zorn was at the top of Jim Fassel's list of potential offensive coordinators and is very highly regarded by Gregg Williams as well.

The hiring of Zorn likely means that associate head coach -- ofense Al Saunders is finished with the team. Owner Daniel Snyder and vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato were privately critical of the offense's performance under Saunders the past two seasons. The two were especially concerned, sources said, about the development of young quarterback Jason Campbell, whose progress is the organization's top priority.

-----------------------

I have to say that if this is about developing Jason then I'm at least pleased it's a top priority.

This could be a good sign for all GW supporters.

Yeah and how long is it going to take for Campbell to learn yet ANOTHER system? Or when will Zorn decide it will be easier to start from scratch?

Lets just hear what he says and wants and what type of system he is gonna use. Not the BS that it will take 1 year to learn and 3 years to fully grasp like AS

Nah, man. I wasn't accusing YOU of lying. I believed you saw it somewhere. I was wondering where you saw it because I think whoever originally wrote is full of it. I see it comes from JLC. And that sounds like bunk. I don't see how on one hand JLC says GW has been completely silent, but on the other hand claim to know that GW likes Zorn as an OC. That's why I was wondering where you saw it.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/01/zorn_deal_is_true.html

Stupid move. It was clear to me that Campbell and the offense had improved from the first year to the next, and Todd Collins proved that the offense can be pretty good. I hate being a fan of a franchise that never gives it's coaches a chance (with Snyder) to prove themselves. We'll never be consistently good that way.

It WASN'T "The Franchise" (nee: "Dan SNYDER") that "DIDN'T give Al SAUNDERS a "chance"... it was GIBBS who "HANDCUFFED" Al SAUNDERS. :doh::mad::(:2cents:

My 'Projected' (Partial) Coaches Listing: :2cents:

Gregg WILLIAMS: HEAD Coach;

Jim ZORN: OFFENSIVE Coordinator; and...

Greg BLATCHE: ASSISTANT HEAD Coach - Defense;

Jerry GRAY: DEFENSIVE Coordinator...

Look for Jason CAMPBELL to be a (PRIMARILY) "SHOTGUN-SPREAD / 'MODIFIED' WEST COAST Offense QB" - which SUIT Jason CAMPBELL's SKILLSET. :applause::cheers::2cents:

I like the hire. Besides the late season surge, what has the offense done lately? Bring a new face, new guy in with new energy, new approach and see what happens. Hopefully, this will take JC to the next level.

I like Saunders and am sad to see him go. He brought a lot of energy to the offense. He worked very hard to make this team better. Unfortunately, we may never really find out how Saunders turned sour in the eyes of the owner, Vinny and possibly the other coaches. I kind of would like to know.

I've been cpmmenting that Zorn is a figure you tedn to know if you've been a footballl fan if the NW for decades and everything about him is thumbs up. Seattlke did noit want him to leave. We're getting a good man who knows his stuff. What happens to him here, who the hell can know.

You never know AL may stay on you no how the skins do with thier coaching titles.

I can't see why Dan would sour on Al he has proven in KC he is a great offensive coach without AL what have they done?

And this offense would have been fine if JG woulda took his paws off of it earlier.

I like our current offense alot and what it has going they say it takes 2 years to learn but guess what next year is, year 3 the payoff.

Like it or not, Saunders was going to be gone.

For whatever reason, Vinny and Danny didn't like what he was bringing to the table. While I felt that Campbell played pretty well in a complex system for his first year starting (positive TD/INT ratio) Collins obviously out-played him. I took this as a sign that Saunders offense will work in DC.

However, it appears that Vinny and Danny thought that Campbell should have performed better and he wasn't developing as he should.

So considering the fact that Saunders was going to be let go, this is a VERY good move. Zorn will be an effective OC and he can develop JC.

I don't like the fact that we're changing again, but if there had to be change, this was the way to go.

Archived