Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

Lets try sitting back with patience & some understanding, and let the course of actions develop. Instead of registering all of this negativity. .

That's what everyone wants. It's Snyder that is being impatient with the current coaching staff. The search is taking a too long yes, but there are viable candidates in-house, that have proven track records. If he let the current staff run THEIR course, with the current foundation of the team, the negativity would calm down. We know he wants the best for the team, but it's pretty clear that players do too, and they want everyone back. Snyder is a good business man, but his relationship with coach and how much they get along, doesn't matter as much as the results on the field.

I dont know much about Zorn personally... Seattle has enjoyed fine offensive seasons though... They basically abandoned the run halfway through the season and I cant ever see the Skins doing that again (Spurrier).

Obviously as someone stated earlier, whoever our HC is going to be - he will have ZERO input which is horrible.

Saunders is obviously gone... Yet A N O T H E R ridiculous signing/contract that didnt pan out... I just dont get how Snyder can NOT see all of these mistakes... Hes just too thickheaded.

And as I mentioned earlier, to hire an OC before a HC is just undermining whatever the HC might want to do... Unless its Williams, and he approves of this.

Im just so sick of the circus. Really... After reading about Al Davis and Kiffin, it just makes me shudder...

I feel for all us die-hard fans who wait year after year only to be disappointed.

um....... It,s been reported that Gregg williams and Fassel are both high on Jim Zorn.

They both wanted him as there OC.

hiring a cordinator before hiring a head coach is sublime stupidity... danny is already sending out the message that the next head coach is not in control of his own team... {QUOTE]

Unless...he's already hired the HC and is waiting to announce them all at the same time. The only reason I think that might be the deal is because of his love of the big, splashy announcement. After all, he's gotta top Al Davis somehow!

I like the Zorn hire because it sounds as if he gets results from his QB's. This isnt a Fassel situation, where they actually have the nerve to say he helped develop John Elway...:rolleyes: He got results from Batch and a retread in Hasslebeck when he came to Seattle. Wallace also performed well in spot duty and thats a guy that was supposed to be an NFL wide receiver. Al Saunders offense is great when there is a heady veteran quarter back thats been there and done that, but I dont think a young QB can do so well in it because it requires tremendous recognition of coverages, many of which JC hasnt even seen yet. A combo of Gregg and Zorn would be fine with me.

It is amusing to read "patience" comments....just as it is to read all the other comments on Dan Snyder.....and that is because every time we Skins fans get to deal with a new coach under Snyder the outcome is not good. Even Gibbs' tenure the second time around was in reality...a failure...his record was a losing one....What we need is a coach for a long time......one who can build a winning tradition...GIBBS WAS NEVER THAT THIS TIME AROUND....and that is why Gibbs has left.....I think he knew that...SO.....Diaper Danny needs to grow up.....again....hire a coach...never mind if he gets along with him or her...he needs a long term stable process....and Dan needs to allow this one the time to work

This could bode quite well for those who prioritize developing Campbell.

...or the kid who replaces Campbell in 2009. I don't think it's likely you'll find someone with a better resume for developing QBs, but his rise to the OC position was kinda slow. He's 54.

Archived