Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

so, Snyder is following Jones' script in Dallas where Garrett was hired to develop the offense while Jerry still was searching through to find a HC.

this to me indicates the HC candidate will in all likelihood be a defensive coach :)

I was thinking the same thing. I bet we hear the announcement by the weekend.

Um, aside from Dallas, where else has the OC been hired BEFORE the head coach? Or maybe we already have a head coach and he hasn't been revealed yet?

I've been holding back my opinion as to the way this is being handled, choosing instead to take a wait and see approach, but this one has me scratching my head.

What? JC is the opposite of West Coast QB. Slow release, questionable accuracy, questionable decision making. A college version of the system versus college defenses is NOTHING like an NFL WC system. QBs like Jeff Garcia thrive in these systems, not guys like JC.

Tell me, how many times did you see Jason Campbell hit the ball in stride to an open receiver who's gone deep? Not many, if any. There were many instances when Moss was wide open(Miami game, Philly game, etc), but Jason Campbell could not throw the ball accurately. His deep ball sucks. Most of his completions were dinks and dunks, and that's where Jason Campbell thrives. West Coast is a dink and dunk system for all I know. I think he would do well in this system.

I just saw on ESPN.com that we have hired Zorn as Offensive Coordinator.

I cannot bear to watch anymore. How can our ridiculous brat and clown go out and hire an OC without getting input from the HC. I don't even care if it works, we are cluster****. I can't believe anyone wants to work for the Redskins.

No more financial support to the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3214785

By Mike Sando

ESPN.com

Friday, January 25, 2008

Jim Zorn has accepted an offer to become offensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins, sources said. Zorn, 54, has coached quarterbacks for the Seattle Seahawks since 2001. He was previously quarterbacks coach for Detroit from 1998 to 2000. Zorn's hiring comes as the Redskins continue their search for a head coach. Zorn reportedly met with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder this week. He returned to Seattle, spoke with the Seahawks about a new deal and decided the Redskins' offer provided his ...

Archived