Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

Haha, John Riggins show is claming that Zorn leaked this to Clayton, Seattle guy too and that he wont officially get hired because of this

I don't care if they end up not hiring him because he leaked. The leak is not the problem, well maybe the leak that caused all the brains of the Redskins ownership to spew completely out.

This whole thing is amateur, pathetic, ridiculous and worthless. I will not support this kind of brat. danny is the most pathetic person - selfish, greedy, fake, shallow, pompous, and just downright stupid. How in the world did he get to be so successful in business??????? I would never work with the pig.

"Haha, John Riggins show is claming that Zorn leaked this to Clayton, Seattle guy too and that he wont officially get hired because of this"

Is this true? I don't think you can possibly take anything anyone says in this search. I personally think keeping Saunders as OC is the most important part of this whole process--installing a new offensive system will set us back years--this is a playoff team--maybe it was a fluke but we need to keep it together at least another year or two to find out instead of starting from scratch--this is the best we've ever been since i started being a fan in the Turner era--it's hard to give up

Oh, he sucks at the deep ball too. What you don't understand in the WC offense is the PARAMOUNT importance of quick release, and reading of defenses. He can learn to read defenses, but the quick release and accuracy are probably not going to get much better. He's not suited for the WC. Seriously. Do your homework.

You're making it sound like JC's release takes seconds. Even if it takes him twice as long to release the ball as Brett Favre, he can still time it correctly. Quick release has to be the most overrated thing ever. Also, from what I have seen of Jason Campbell, when he throws his short passes, his release is pretty quick. His windup is a problem only when he's throwing the deep ball IMHO.

That's what I didn't understand. Why would the team let the 4 letter network scoop its own flagship radio network? I know Bram is off today, but isn't Larry "You'll Hear It Here First" Michael still on the job?

Unless, of course, Dan doesn't know how to run a radio network either.

They won't annouce anything until it's offical. He probably hasn't offically signed yet.

It could also be possible that we've been in contact with someone on the staff of the Super Bowl teams, can't announce a hire yet, and that person requested Zorn to be his OC. There are a lot of things still undone and unsaid here and to assume that he's been hired without the consent of the future head coach is jumping the gun IMO.

As it relates to the hire, I'm actually excited to see what he can do in giving us an effective system in DC. One that Saunders has yet to provide. I was still in favor of a GW and Al coaching tandem, but I'm going to support whatever decision is made until it's proven that it won't work.

"Haha, John Riggins show is claming that Zorn leaked this to Clayton, Seattle guy too and that he wont officially get hired because of this"

Is this true? I don't think you can possibly take anything anyone says in this search. I personally think keeping Saunders as OC is the most important part of this whole process--installing a new offensive system will set us back years--this is a playoff team--maybe it was a fluke but we need to keep it together at least another year or two to find out instead of starting from scratch--this is the best we've ever been since i started being a fan in the Turner era--it's hard to give up

NO they are making the assumption. Likely joke by Kevin and Riggo

That's what I didn't understand. Why would the team let the 4 letter network scoop its own flagship radio network? I know Bram is off today, but isn't Larry "You'll Hear It Here First" Michael still on the job?

Unless, of course, Dan doesn't know how to run a radio network either.

Because, Zorn had to tell Seattle that he was leaving. Somebody from the Seahawks probably leaked it to Clayton who's based in Seattle. That's how it probably happened.

Don Breaux was the OC. Saunders is Associate HC of offense and Buges is Assistant HC of offense. We still have a full backfield. This move doesn't mean anything other than we now have a good ex-QB to work the offense with our QB.
A big part of our problem is too many cooks. You can call a garbageman a sanitation engineer if you want, but he still smells like a garbageman.

You're making it sound like JC's release takes seconds. Even if it takes him twice as long to release the ball as Brett Favre, he can still time it correctly. Quick release has to be the most overrated thing ever. Also, from what I have seen of Jason Campbell, when he throws his short passes, his release is pretty quick.

Wow. :doh: You said it all right there. A quick release is the ABSOLUTE difference between a completed pass and an interception. You sir, need to do your homework.

Don Breaux was the OC. Saunders is Associate HC of offense and Buges is Assistant HC of offense. We still have a full backfield. This move doesn't mean anything other than we now have a good ex-QB to work the offense with our QB.

Dude if Zorn is indeed hired, Weird Al is gone.

Wow. :doh: You said it all right there. A quick release is the ABSOLUTE difference between a completed pass and an interception. You sir, need to do your homework.

Besides just quick release, the timing was an issue with Campbell in Saunders' offense. He was never as comfortable as Todd Collins in throwing it before the receiver makes the cut or completes the route. I felt that this could come after more experience, though I suppose Snyder/Cerrato/(potential HC candidate) didn't feel that it was worth it keeping Saunders around for another chance.

Why can't he have a HC first, instead of hiring staff then hiring a HC with no authority?

it's quite clear that the new head coach is going to have zero authority.

Looking at Al Davis and the Raiders is like looking into a crystal ball and seeing the future of this organization.

Archived