Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

If successful it'll be a lot more exciting than the "explosive" Run-Run-Pass-Punt offense that we've seen for the past 4 years.

We play in the NFC East, where physical, smash mouth football rules. The West Coast offense is for pansie, dink and dunk teams. We don't even have the personnel for a West Coast Offense. This decision is questionable at best.

Yippy. Now we can let Campbell continue to be a mediocre qb instead of letting him learn how to get the ball out of his hands quickly, to a spot, and with accuracy. Yeah, get rid of the coordinator that helped this team average 22 or 23 points per game in the final four regular season games. That's always smart. When a 36 year old qb comes in and lights the world on fire after sitting for 10 years, the qb coach and o coordinator have to be doing something right. Aaaah...what the hell, just can' those guys. They're no good :rolleyes: Maybe Zorn is a much more tolerant guy and will just let Campbell continue to hold the ball too long, fumble a bunch, and throw picks with the game on the line late in the 4th. Yay! Zorn will fix that though, right? Or, maybe we'll actually keep Bill Lazor on staff, but I doubt it. Zorn seems to be qualified for that position, so why the hell would we need a qb coach with Zorn here? And I quote Nicholson in A Few Good Men..."this is funny." Let the bloodletting commence :cheers:

HTTR

It could also be possible that we've been in contact with someone on the staff of the Super Bowl teams, can't announce a hire yet, and that person requested Zorn to be his OC. There are a lot of things still undone and unsaid here and to assume that he's been hired without the consent of the future head coach is jumping the gun IMO.

As it relates to the hire, I'm actually excited to see what he can do in giving us an effective system in DC. One that Saunders has yet to provide. I was still in favor of a GW and Al coaching tandem, but I'm going to support whatever decision is made until it's proven that it won't work.

Most reasonable thing I have read in awhile. Emotions aside, this is the route to be taken.

We play in the NFC East, where physical, smash mouth football rules. The West Coast offense is for pansie, dink and dunk teams. We don't even have the personnel for a West Coast Offense. This decision is questionable at best.

the Eagles run the WCO ... and they've had a lot of success.

well fellas,

this makes my life soo hard living in eagle land. i mean how do i defend my franchise when the owner is constantly doing everything he can to stop us from building a winner? hire zorn you set J.C. back another 3 yrs with what would be his 6th offense in about 7 years or so including college. you blow out the staff that to a man all your players have expressed love and respect for, bringing an end to the bond that these guys would have took into the season because of the lose of the greatest safety i've ever seen! 21 for life!!

now we will have to start all over with fassel who was not respected at all by his players trust me i live in jersey and these guys walked all over him. they needed coughlin bad. fassel never developed anything on that team. even she she i mean tiki did'nt become a player until he left.

gregg should be the coach. if not him you bring in a russ grimm someone gregg might not feel disrespected to work for which would keep that family they've built intact.

otherwise guys please dont think less of me because i will have to go underground take down the flag on my house put away my jerseys and hats. after all i am at that point still in a war behind enemy lines with only old ammo against these low life eagle fans being "hey at least we have 3 trophies to shine up".

how long am i gonna have to use that one?!!

please sell the team Napoleon Dan

• 1 year later...

Great post, with the speed of our receivers with Cooley, we need the Pats Run & Shoot offense.

Archived