Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

Seriously, who hires an O-Coordinator without hiring a Head Coach? Jerry Jones did it but he did it knowing that he was grooming Garrett to take over as the Head Coach. I don't see that same situation existing with Zorn.

I'm just so confused. There is just nothing logical going on here. You can't look at any of this and say definitively, "Dan Snyder's plan is ......." What the hell is the plan here?

It is called the smart business plan. It doesn't make sense to us but only to a business man who probably knows more about marketing then some of us here.

Hopefully we will run some west coast type offense... actually bring in starting WR over 6'1

NO!! Tampa Bay is the only West Coast Team this century to win a Super Bowl. The West Coast is DONE!! Ineffective in today's NFL. Look at the playoffs teams..........

Washington

Seattle

Tampa

NY Giants

Dallas

Green Bay

Pittsburgh

Jacksonville

Houston

San Diego

Indianapolis

New England

Only 3 out 12 teams run a West Coast (Seattle, GB, Tampa)

what a looser

So I geuss it was Joe Gibbs who made all those blocks/caught all those TD's in the 80's huh?

Funny you should ask. No it wasn't in fact. It happened to be an offense with a good sized WR and a QB who they actually trusted to make plays rather than playing so conservatively that it made Martyball look adventurous.

Its funny how in the last 2 playoff appearances the Skins decide to Change the offense. While in both playoff appearances the offense has struggled, the Skins brass never analyze the main problem.

When the Skins went 10-6 a couple years back, it was Brunell who held this offense back but Gibbs stuck by him. Gibbs instead brought in Saunders and changed the whole offense.

This year I saw the main problem being a banged up offensive line. Now their changing again. Vinny Cerrato is obviously intent on making the Skins the 49ers of the East.

Seattle a couple years back had Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson on the line and Mack Strong at full back. Alexander and Hasselback flourished behind those guys. It takes a capable healthy offensive line.

I bleed burgundy and gold but I have to just now lower my expectations when it comes to the Skins because its ridiculous. That way I won't get as upset. I'm sick and tired of the clown off seasons. I'll just sit back and hope one day things will be different. Snyder just got through preaching patience and he goes and does this. You gotta laugh to keep from getting mad. :doh: :rolleyes: :laugh: :doh: :rolleyes: :laugh: :rolleyes: :logo:

Great, we're using a business plan to run a football team! :rolleyes:

The poster orginally said it doesn't make any sense to hire a OC before a HC. I said it was a smart business move. I am not sure how you think football is not a business. People pay money to go to the games. He is making sure fans are not lost by choosing the wrong HC so he is taking his time to do that or GW is going to be the HC and doesn't want you to know about it. It builds excitement. Maybe you might not be but I have no problem with waiting for the right HC.

This is probably a good hire, and in the end, wins is what matters most to me. But if we are going to run the west coast, its going to take some getting used to. For me, Redskins offensive football has always been a "conventional", run first offense. Gibbs I, Norv, and so on - different variations of the same thing. And it was always "the other guys" who ran the west coast (Philly for one).

My brain tells me that a pass first offense is probably a good thing in today's NFL. With today's pass interference rules. But its just going to take some getting used it. I felt like our identity was a certain sort of thing. And it was just always that way.

But if we win, that's cool, it'll just look weird for a bit until I get used to it.

Anyone else feel that way, or is it just me?

I think CP will thrive if we can get opponents out of the box. CP is hugely talented, but he is simply not a power back.

The poster orginally said it doesn't make any sense to hire a OC before a HC. I said it was a smart business move. I am not sure how you think football is not a business. People pay money to go to the games. He is making sure fans are not lost by choosing the wrong HC so he is taking his time to do that or GW is going to be the HC and doesn't want you to know about it. It builds excitement. Maybe you might not be but I have no problem with waiting for the right HC.

I'm not interested in building excitement, I'm interested in building a successful team and a successful coaching staff. The two are not necessarily the same, as we are presently showing.

I'm not interested in building excitement, I'm interested in building a successful team and a successful coaching staff. The two are not necessarily the same, as we are presently showing.

Yeah man, this isn't a ****ing ride at 6 flags. Which seems to be doing rather badly, I might add.

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/people/capitalcomment/6295.html

Apparently we were less than satisfied by the world class OC we currently had...

Well sure, I mean we popped that dinner into the microwave for five minutes and when we opened a door we didn't see a gourmet meal, so obviously it's the food's fault.

And how do you know he is not maybe doing both at the same time? Just because you don't see it quiet yet doesn't mean he is not doing things right. I like to give people at least the benefit of the doubt. Again I will wait and see what happens before jumping to any conclusions.

And how do you know he is not maybe doing both at the same time? Just because you don't see it quiet yet doesn't mean he is not doing things right. I like to give people at least the benefit of the doubt. Again I will wait and see what happens before jumping to any conclusions.

I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for eight years, and aside from the coup in bringing back Gibbs, I've been let down every time.

Even the Gibbs years seem long ago now. It feels like December 2003 right now.

Archived