Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

Said about Al Saunders:

Sham offense? He has had top 10 offenses everywhere he has been. The only sham is thinking that JC has more potential in a new offense than Saunders would running it his way.

Maybe so, but all you had to do to beat the Redskins last year was score more than 21 points.

Maybe so, but all you had to do to beat the Redskins last year was score more than 21 points.

Yeah, I think Al should have hustled more out there on the field. He never carried the ball confidently and ran hard, he had hands of stone, and his passes all fluttered. He was an embarrassment.

P.S

Don't worry about all of this.

In 3/4 years we will be going through it again.

Our longest head coach other than Gibbs was Norv Turner (5 years)

It's 3 or 4 and your out with ole Danny "BOY"

Dan Snyder:

Looks like a BOY

Built like a Boy

Must be a BOY

Can't you see the little Troll now in the back room kicking/whinning "I want to win" "I want to win"

but Fassel was acting today like a jilted lover.........claiming to feel 'used' by the Redskins in their search....certainly they can't now name him the HC??????

Honestly, is it any more ludicrous than any number of other incidents we've seen go down over the last eight years? :laugh:

Hmm interesting .. this puts a different slant on things I thought it was going to be him or Fassel both have great reputations in QB development ...and I am not sure if this means anything for Saunders as he is not our offensive co-ordinator .. that is Don Breaux could it be the dan is just getting extra help in ?

I HATE THE GOD DAMN WEST COAST OFFENSE!!

I can't believe we just hired a West Coast Offensive Coordinator. I hate this. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Lets bring in Al Saunders and an offense that takes at least 2 years to learn. Then fire him and scrap that offense as soon as the 2 year learning curve is over to hire a guy who brings in an offense that TAKES 3 YEARS TO MASTER!!!

I'd like to believe that the delay in announcing GW is because Vinny/Snyder can pick the brain of Spags. Maybe I'm giving too much credit but what a great way to get intel. They wouldn't be able to interview if they announce a HC.

Humm....

It's not worth the wait, whatever they get from Spags. The only way that would be worth the way would be for them to hire Spags and for him to turn out great. Otherwise this is just a plain flat debacle.

By redman,

Yeah, I think Al should have hustled more out there on the field. He never carried the ball confidently and ran hard, he had hands of stone, and his passes all fluttered. He was an embarrassment.

what a looser

So I geuss it was Joe Gibbs who made all those blocks/caught all those TD's in the 80's huh?

Seriously, who hires an O-Coordinator without hiring a Head Coach? Jerry Jones did it but he did it knowing that he was grooming Garrett to take over as the Head Coach. I don't see that same situation existing with Zorn.

I'm just so confused. There is just nothing logical going on here. You can't look at any of this and say definitively, "Dan Snyder's plan is ......." What the hell is the plan here?

This is probably a good hire, and in the end, wins is what matters most to me. But if we are going to run the west coast, its going to take some getting used to. For me, Redskins offensive football has always been a "conventional", run first offense. Gibbs I, Norv, and so on - different variations of the same thing. And it was always "the other guys" who ran the west coast (Philly for one).

My brain tells me that a pass first offense is probably a good thing in today's NFL. With today's pass interference rules. But its just going to take some getting used it. I felt like our identity was a certain sort of thing. And it was just always that way.

But if we win, that's cool, it'll just look weird for a bit until I get used to it.

Anyone else feel that way, or is it just me?

How much of that had to do with Gibbs? How much control did Saunders REALLY have?

Al had more control then many really like to believe. You don't pay someone millions just to have the HC call all of the plays - Don't think BossMan would have been happy with that. JG might have told AS to slow down his offense for JC a bit so he can learn.

Its hard to see a guy go when you give him a record ZILLION dollars to coach the offense and he really doesnt get a chance (we will never know how much influence he actually had in calling plays)... BUT

I dont know Zorn personally (as I stated) but he was a great QB and Hasselbeck turned into a star under his watch... I have no complaints... I usually like to give a guy more than a year (Saunders) but it is what it is... I never liked the contract and def didnt like the results.

Long Live Zorn!!!

Archived