Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

I like the hiring of Zorn. campbell is not a QB who can flourish in Saunders Playbook.

Saunders playbook is for a certain breed of QB. I think Jason does well with this new offense.

Al Saunders, your failures here do not mar your coaching record. You are still one of the top coordinators in the league and I wish you luck.

I know most people are sad to see Saunders go but honestly I don't think it was going to work here with him. Maybe it was going to. But this guy is a QB first guy and I think that is a positive move, someone to truly work with JC and build him up to the be QB he can be instead of building him to only fit one specific system like Al's.

I like the hiring of Zorn. campbell is not a QB who can flourish in Saunders Playbook.

Saunders playbook is for a certain breed of QB. I think Jason does well with this new offense.

Al Saunders, your failures here do not mar your coaching record. You are still one of the top coordinators in the league and I wish you luck.

AGREED. Saunders is still a great OC, some other team will do really well with him. Its just, his playbook requires a veteran to run it, but when ran effectively, its a SOLID offense.

AGREED. Saunders is still a great OC, some other team will do really well with him. Its just, his playbook requires a veteran to run it, but when ran effectively, its a SOLID offense.

It's an amazing offense. His track record shows it.

:cheers:

I really thought Saunders was gonna stick around here till he retires when we hired him. He was that highly thought of then.

Bottom line is that Saunders' offense failed the team over the year (home vs. NY, home vs. Buffalo to name a couple) and ultimately the blame lies on the offense for the Seattle game. We had them by the neck, and couldn't finish the job.

Doesn't matter who the OC is, if he loses over half his starting Oline, there will be production problems. :2cents:

Tell me, how many times did you see Jason Campbell hit the ball in stride to an open receiver who's gone deep? Not many, if any. There were many instances when Moss was wide open(Miami game, Philly game, etc), but Jason Campbell could not throw the ball accurately. His deep ball sucks. Most of his completions were dinks and dunks, and that's where Jason Campbell thrives. West Coast is a dink and dunk system for all I know. I think he would do well in this system.

In the first Philly game He led Moss straight on and Moss gave up at the end

Doesn't matter who the OC is, if he loses over half his starting Oline, there will be production problems. :2cents:

Doent excuse the playcalling. Handing the ball off to a wr in the rain in GB....running a pitch to the short side of the field on 2nd and 10 after the botched kickoff in Seattle... I can go on and on!

Archived