Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/ WT : Redskins Hire Zorn to be Offensive Coordinator (Merged) M.E.T.

laythalumber2130

Why would anyone assume that Zorn is a west coast guy? His job in Seattle was to help Hasslebeck in the west coast offense. This doesnt mean it is his system. He was also in Detroit, Boise State, as well as being a coach at other places. All of those places werent the west coast offense.
Yep, that's my thinking too. People seem to think he was OC in Seattle.

Tell me, how many times did you see Jason Campbell hit the ball in stride to an open receiver who's gone deep? Not many, if any. There were many instances when Moss was wide open(Miami game, Philly game, etc), but Jason Campbell could not throw the ball accurately. His deep ball sucks. Most of his completions were dinks and dunks, and that's where Jason Campbell thrives. West Coast is a dink and dunk system for all I know. I think he would do well in this system.

Oh, he sucks at the deep ball too. What you don't understand in the WC offense is the PARAMOUNT importance of quick release, and reading of defenses. He can learn to read defenses, but the quick release and accuracy are probably not going to get much better. He's not suited for the WC. Seriously. Do your homework.

I can live with Zorn and GW. I was never sold on Saunders and that sham offense.

What we lose in stability with the offensive scheme, we gain in QB development potential.

Guess this is the end for Todd Collins too.

Sham offense? He has had top 10 offenses everywhere he has been. The only sham is thinking that JC has more potential in a new offense than Saunders would running it his way.

so we now have two offensive coordinators?! (I haven't seen posted o reported anywhere where Al has been dismissed.)

At this point, what's the point...Dan Snyder: sell my team!!

Good point seemed like before the skins had several coaches on offense with different titles......

I can only hope that this means that Williams is the guy and that he approved this hire, because otherwise this is looking a lot like the beginning of a giant cluster- well, you get the idea.
IMO it puts him back in the running. Zorn might be a good fit, and maybe good news for JC. He seemed to struggle with Als system. The 6% of it he used anyway.

We don't have two OC's. Saunders is HC of Offense. Obviously this hints at Saunders being gone, but this wasn't his title.

Technically, yes. But I don't think Saunders would want to work like someone like Zorn. Saunders' track record proves that he can (and should) be in full charge of the offense. I wish we could've seen what impact it would've had without the input of Gibbs and the philosophical conflicts for at least one season.

However, Zorn seems to be an innovative coach who's helped develop Hasselbeck. Hopefully, Campbell can also become a consistent Pro Bowl-level player.

Look, people who are "proteges" of other coordinators run the system of the guy they learned from.

Saunders and Gibbs learned from Air Coryell and ran that offense system.

Garrett in Dallas runs the Norv Turner system.

Zorn is a protege of Holmgren. He will run Holmgren's offense. Just like Andy Reid.

Are you smoking crack today?

I'm not proposing we get rid of JC - I think that would be a horrible move. I'm just saying, usually the OC gets a large say in who runs the offense. Usually.

well i am making this assumption that the media made that he was brought here to accerlate JC growth and maximize his talent

One would hope. Zorn did a pretty good job with Hasselbeck.

Haha, John Riggins show is claming that Zorn leaked this to Clayton, Seattle guy too and that he wont officially get hired because of this

That's what I didn't understand. Why would the team let the 4 letter network scoop its own flagship radio network? I know Bram is off today, but isn't Larry "You'll Hear It Here First" Michael still on the job?

Unless, of course, Dan doesn't know how to run a radio network either.

Archived