Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tired of the Head Coaching Search (MET)

PlayAction

I agree with you. Cowher will be the next HC

I keep going back & forth on whether I want that to happen or not...however the longer this is taking the more it seems likely that this will happen (IMO).

Not sure how my Father In-Law will react though...he is a life long Steelers fan.

Your whining would be a better fit as a cowboys fan. Dan Snyder can do what he wants and at any length of time too. He loves this team , the fans and wants super bowl trophies for our team and community. I believe in his football hiring IQ abilities and Im sure he will get us to the promised land. Just quit complaining. Just do it!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

I think he's trying to leave no stone unturned. He doesn't want to act too quickly and he needs to cover all his bases. I'm alright with what this whole thing looks like to me.

wow. Snyder never gets any relief from the crap flung his way by the fans. Either he hires someone too quickly or he takes too long.

It's funny how this works. Seems as though there is split here on ES, (go figure). Some want a coach already, and some seem to think hiring one right about now would be rushing things. I think, no matter which one happens, it will be who they believe will be the best man for the job at this time. I'm good with that no matter if they hire someone tomorrow or next week, (anything after that, I reserve the right to come back to this thread and edit).

What's the hurry? What is being held up? Nothing really will happen till after the Superbore. I don't see the harm in checking around. Even if GW is almost the shoein. What does it hurt to still look around? What if during one of these interviews someone really come across as a great possibility and they re think it all?

While I don't for a minute think Bill Cowher's gonna leave the comfy CBS studios to put it on the line for us, I am concerned that the multiple interviews with GW - however informal one or two may have been - bodes ill for him as HC. I believe he is our best candidate: he is in-house, has seen one of the all-time greats do it up close and personal, and he's from the D side, which IMHO is where you start building greatness team-wise.

I have no problem with the overall length of the search otherwise. The Super Bowl's still undecided, there's plenty of time for the new guy to get his ducks in a row. Dan's taking his time I believe because he learned that, in part, from Joe.

If Williams is the choice, there is no reason not to announce it Tuesday. The Rooney rule has been complied with. He's done his due diligence by interviewing others. I think the Williams supporters will have to accept the fact that Gregg is not the first choice for the job if no announcement comes by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Williams may end up with the job, but clearly it would be after Snyder's first (and perhaps second) choice fell through and he settles for GW.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Williams as our HC so take all the time you need Danny to get the RIGHT guy for the job and not just the convienent choice.

No disrespect intended, but seems to me what you're really pissed about is encapsulated in your last sentence. Not sure it's the timing of the new HC hire so much as your underlying feelings about the owner.

Let me ask you this ... would you have been just as pissed if he'd "rushed into it" in a matter of a couple days and hired GW "without due diligence?"

I'm looking at those banners behind Joe Gibbs on your avatar and it makes me realize how long it's been since we've won the SB. Does Gregg Williams have what it takes to get us another banner/ring? I'm not so sure but I think he deserves a chance.

I believe the reason it is taking so long is that Snyder is waiting on Cowher to make a decision. Snyder wants to make a splash.

I also think the long wait means that GW is NOT the choice. Another reason could be the games this weekend, waiting until they are over, and the two weeks between the championship games and the Super Bowl is the perfect time to make the big announcement that Cowher is the next HC of the Redskins.

It could also be that Dan is waiting for the moon to rise in Capricorn, his lucky number to pop up in lotto, avoid stepping on cracks in side walks for a week and still hunting for his lucky horseshoe.

Your whining would be a better fit as a cowboys fan. Dan Snyder can do what he wants and at any length of time too. He loves this team , the fans and wants super bowl trophies for our team and community. I believe in his football hiring IQ abilities and Im sure he will get us to the promised land. Just quit complaining. Just do it!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

I want what you have been smoking!

Part of what's frustrating is how good Snyder is about keeping his search a secret. The fact that in this day and age you can have a 'mystery candidate' who no one has any legitimate clue as to an identity is amazing to me. My gut's telling me that GW will not get the job, as I can see no other reason why this thing continues to drag along. I have a feeling Mora was their top choice, and when that fell through they had to go back to the drawing board and reevaluate everything. I just can't think of any other reason this thing could be dragging on. Maybe Danny and Vinny just enjoy watching guys like JLC and Mortensen try to drum up leads every day, but I have a feeling it's more than that. It's a shame too, I really felt like this team created a great bond over the ST tragedy, but it looks like Snyder wants to rebuild yet again.

Archived