Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams on the trading block . . .

Slateman

They need a RB Bad Good deal....Get it DOne!

No, they really don't. They have three potential starters, with Kevin Jones being the forerunner for the job.

why does everyone keep saying trade washington??? i dont get that move at all... maybe i am missing something here.. seems to have been a great lb for us and played banged up most of the year... i dont know

Cus he isn't as explosive. Plus, linebackers are easier to draft than receivers.

So, number 1 WRs are supposed to eclipse the 1,000 yard mark only once?

No wonder why so many are so hard on for Moss to continue to be our number 1 wideout. :doh:

I guess you haven't seen the train wreck that isn't the Detroit Lions. Big tall possession receiver that can break a big play, and is ideal in the red zone. Also only played and started 16 games one time in his 4 year career, ironically the year he had over 1,000 yards receiving. Do the math. How about you name somebody that is actually gonna be a FA or on the trading block that would be a #1 receiver and better than RW?

Fitz or Roy for Springs would be a great trade for us. As long as there's not an outlandish contract. That may be dreaming, but for once we'd be trading age for youth and solving cap problems instead of the other way around.

A deal like that probably won't happen though. :(

I guess you haven't seen the train wreck that isn't the Detroit Lions. Big tall possession receiver that can break a big play, and is ideal in the red zone. Also only played and started 16 games one time in his 4 year career, ironically the year he had over 1,000 yards receiving. Do the math. How about you name somebody that is actually gonna be a FA or on the trading block that would be a #1 receiver and better than RW?

Chad Johnson.

Larry Fitzgerald.

Randy Moss.

Javon Walker.

Offensive Line - must find another guard opposite Thomas (and he's getting up there in age) possible tackle replacement for Jansen?

Defensive Line - need a compliment to Carter. Griff needs to restructure his contract.

Another CB to replace Springs when he eventually retires

LineBackers - Washington needs to restructure or get traded, Fletcher isn't a spring chicken, may need a MLB too to start grooming

Then a WR in the late rounds. Moss, El, Thrash just aren't cutting it. Maybe a good free agent pick up. Roy Williams may only need a change of scenary and Gibbs as a coach in order to succeed.

I think we are too thin on defense to offer up what the Lions would want for Roy Williams. Williams would be great to have, but we can't deduct anymore from our good defensive players.

We do need a better #1 WR -- Moss is way too uneven. But we'd need to get a better WR coach than Hixon should we decide to draft and develop our own WR talent.

I would trade away Jansen. Love his heart but two out of the last three years he hasnt been able to contribute. I also could see trading sean springs and then getting younger at his position via free agency or preferably the draft. If you are starting to see a pattern there is one. Keep healthy veterans and promising youngsters, anybody else probably knows their time is limited which is just the nature of the biz. However, I also believe that keeping a core group is a necessity so none of Gibbs' identified core players should be allowed to go. R.Williams and S. Rodgers could both contribute here though.

You're not going to get as much as a 6th rounder for Jansen. He hasn't played at a high level in 3 years, has a ridiculous contract and hasn't been able to stay healthy in that same 3 year time span.

Sorry I don’t think we need any of these guys. We have El and moss now at wr, who have been good this yr.

moss has 800 yrds rec, 3 td.

El had 700 yrds rec, 1 td.

Cooley almost 800 yrd rec 8 td

and both wrs were banged up most of the yr. problem is the td stats. Our wr’s have the ability to move us down the field but once we run out of room in the red zone we need a big guy to fade it to in the corner. Right now we only have cooley at 6-3. We really should have seen what Anthony Mix could do (he’s 6-5 at 238 there’s your pos receiver). All we need is a guy in the red zone to be a THREAT that takes people away from cooley and opens it up for everyone.

We better not pay big money for this because we already have money tied up in 3 soon to be 2 wrs, only need a big red zone target.

Chad Johnson.

Larry Fitzgerald.

Randy Moss.

Javon Walker.

The only player on this list I would take over Roy Williams is Fitzgerald. CJ has some problems. I love his TD celebrations, but there have been too many reports about him and TJ Housh trying to run the team for me to be comfortable. Consider that he's also pretty old relative to the other names on the list, and it doesn't make much sense to trade for him.

Moss won't play for us. He's playing for the Pats because Tom Brady feeds him the ball like Gerber. And do you really think the Pats won't wrap him up in a heartbeat?

Walker is the biggest diva in the world, and also, he's the most injury-prone. He got injured in Green Bay, then whined about the Packers, so they traded him. His first year in Denver was decent, but now that Brandon Marshall has become amazing, he's jealous and knows he won't be the top dog (also, he's injured again). So he's whining and wants out again. This is ridiculous. The guys is more of a diva than TO.

CJ-Haven't seen concrete proof that he's on the block

Fitz- See above

Moss- Doubt NE lets him go

Walker- :laugh: , always injury prone, character issues

You wanted your list, and got it.

Each and every one of those WR's would be a better fit for this team than RW. Truth hurts sometimes, huh?

The only player on this list I would take over Roy Williams is Fitzgerald. CJ has some problems. I love his TD celebrations, but there have been too many reports about him and TJ Housh trying to run the team for me to be comfortable. Consider that he's also pretty old relative to the other names on the list, and it doesn't make much sense to trade for him.

Talk about age to one of our better WR's this year in McCardell. Besides, he is one year older than Moss. :doh:

Moss won't play for us. He's playing for the Pats because Tom Brady feeds him the ball like Gerber. And do you really think the Pats won't wrap him up in a heartbeat?

(Looks for the part where I said that the Pats won't re-sign Randy Moss)

Just as I thought, that doesn't exist. I know Moss will be back with the Pats. But, technically, he could be had by any team in the league. :)

Walker is the biggest diva in the world, and also, he's the most injury-prone. He got injured in Green Bay, then whined about the Packers, so they traded him. His first year in Denver was decent, but now that Brandon Marshall has become amazing, he's jealous and knows he won't be the top dog (also, he's injured again). So he's whining and wants out again. This is ridiculous. The guys is more of a diva than TO.

Winning cures all. TO, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, just a couple of examples are 'divas'. However, when they are winning.. they are considered 'superstars'.

Perspective, brother.

Archived