Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams on the trading block . . .

Slateman

Honestly, I would take Roy in a second. His only real injury was a high ankle sprain and his MCL this year(which is nothing to worry about) and he is a beast over the middle. I watched the Falcons game last year and he absolutely destroyed D. Hall. He also had a monster game afterwards against Woodson and Al Harris. Give em Jansen or Lloyd and a 5th or 6th.

not happening guys would mess up chemisrty i think yes either of these guys would improve this team but we have a good mix and not hot heads saying i want 100 catches or so like t.o. moss cooley type guys are what we need who put the team first not the stats!!! caldwell and maybe a another wideout like a manningham or a j. porter from the raiders would be ideal.....

I believer Roy Williams would cost too much and I don't want to give up a high draft pick nor one of our top players for him. Unless they are willing to take Betts, whom I'd miss, than I think we should look towards the draft or maybe Bryant Johnson (AZ) or Bernard Berrian (Chicago).

I feel we should focus on DE and OL in the draft and possibly look at a DB depending on the health of Rogers and what they are going to do with Springs and maybe Lance Briggs.

When I first saw who was up for free agency this year the first person I thought the Redskins should look at is Chad Johnson. He is quick, explosive and is a proven playmaker. Then I thought about his attitude and his flashy persona. I really don't think that would fit with the Redskins. Then I see Roy Williams name come up. The guy is tall and can make plays which we badly need so why not have Daniel Snyder break out the checkbook one more time and get us a tall receiver because I don't think we will get it in the draft, there are too many other needs to address first. As far as trading Brandon Lloyd and Marcus Washington, I say give Lloyd away but Washington has to stay, he is too valuable to the team. :helmet::helmet::helmet:

Martz and Saunders run the same system. Saunders worked for Martz. Its actually Don Coryell's system that they both use.

Yeah I just came back into the thread remembering he was under Martz' system which is the same, the name "Coryell" was slipping me at the time, but I saw it in another thread which reminded me to come fix what I said. Thanks for the clarification.

I wouldn't be upset if the team gave up more value then needed for Roy. Something like Betts and a 3rd (do we still have our 3rd?). Betts frankly has been a dissapointment. Big year when he needed a contract and despite being a veteran in the league he still back peddles while trying to block and fail miserably at it. In the seahawk game Betts and Collins were both tackled at the same time.

Yeah I just came back into the thread remembering he was under Martz' system which is the same, the name "Coryell" was slipping me at the time, but I saw it in another thread which reminded me to come fix what I said. Thanks for the clarification.

Its nothing bro. Just fans making each other the best and brightest fans in the NFL! :cheers:

Archived