Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams on the trading block . . .

Slateman

I might be into that, even though I love Washington, if we didn't already have McIntosh out for the majority of next season. I'm not down with having to find two new starting LBs for next year.

Plus, I'm not sure the Lions really need Washington. They have a stud in Ernie Sims and a solid player in Boss Bailey.

Boss Bailey is a FA I think they may let him walk.

Rule number one of this off season

The skins shall in no way, shape, or form attempt to trade away draft picks. Manlaw

We can't be extreme in our behavior and totally shun FA/trades simply because we haven't had success in the past. We are most likely going to spend a draft pick on a WR anyway, so we might as well trade that pick for a sure thing. No one in the draft this year is going to have the talent of Roy Williams. There may be a Colston in there somewhere, but for every Colston there are several more busts. We need a big receiver, so I think it's a good deal.

We're not going to get him for Betts and a 6th rounder, so I would say we need to think more along the lines of a 3rd rounder and either Betts or Washington. That seems fair to me.

Boldin is locked up on a big deal but Fitzgerald who is better is a free agent.

I would definitely go after fitzgerald. He is the best of the available WRs next to Randy Moss.

I would rather have Fitzgerald over Randy Moss though.

Unrestricted FA? if so, please fire up Redskin 1 Mr. Snyder.

A trade where we don't have to give up a draft pick and meet a major need works for me.

For all those talking up fixing the O line and adding a DE -- I am with you but wouldn't it be easier to do that in the draft if we deal with our other needs this way? the more picks we can free up for that the better.

I recall the Lions liked Shawn Springs maybe that's who we deal, we seem poised to release him for cap reasons anyway.

I came into this thread ready to say things that would get me banned, and then I realized you weren't talking about "that" Roy Williams. :doh: :laugh:

I don't know enough about the other one to give an informed opinion, honestly. But I do know we need a big, fast, sure-handed WR, and he seems like that type.

So long as we don't "overpay," I guess I'd be OK with it.

I had already started writing a "Thanks for letting me in ES until I made that comment in the Roy Willimas thread" letter to Om and company before I saw which RW we were talking about.

Might want to change the thread title to WIDE RECEIVER Roy Williams on the trading block

I thinks Betts and Springs for Roy Williams would be a fair deal to both sides and would help both teams.

Detriot needs a RB and someone to shore up thier horrible secondary with veteren experiance.

We not only get Roy Williams, but since Betts is gone, Rock is more likely to resign with us, keeping up our special teams' quality. Macrus Mason would make a good #3 for this year.

I thinks Betts and Springs for Roy Williams would be a fair deal to both sides and would help both teams.

Detriot needs a RB and someone to shore up thier horrible secondary with veteren experiance.

We not only get Roy Williams, but since Betts is gone, Rock is more likely to resign with us, keeping up our special teams' quality. Macrus Mason would make a good #3 for this year.

If they accepted a trade like this, I would do it in a heartbeat, especially since we don't give up any draft picks.

I would love a guy like Fitzgerald, but if we traded away Shawn Springs, then wouldn't we need to acquire another corner somehow? I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel with Rogers, Smoot, and Torrence, especially if one got injured.

In order to shore up our secondary after this, I would look to free agency then the draft. Both pools are amazingly deep this year, and not everyone is going to be franchised. For instance, the CBs in the free agent pool this year (in order of decreasing quality) are Nnamdi Asomugha, Asante Samuel, and Marcus Trufant. The draft is even deeper with Malcolm Jenkins, Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib, Antoine Cason, and Reggie Smith all having first-round potential.

Archived