Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams on the trading block . . .

Slateman

Because 'Booma says so? LOL

Bring the proof. He has been a number 2 WR trying to play the number 1 slot. Sounds similar to our 'number 1'.

Watch the games dude. He's NASTY. Easily a number 1 WR in the NFL. Without a doubt. I'd put him ahead some of the so called "superstar" WRs, easy.

Watch the games dude. He's NASTY. Easily a number 1 WR in the NFL. Without a doubt. I'd put him ahead some of the so called "superstar" WRs, easy.

Just because he is 'NASTY' doesn't make him a number 1 wideout. He was in an offense who was one of the teams right a top of the NFC and still only managed to get 800 some odd yards. He would be a SICK number 2. But, an average to slightly below average number 1.

Because 'Booma says so? LOL

Bring the proof. He has been a number 2 WR trying to play the number 1 slot. Sounds similar to our 'number 1'.

It is called 1. common sense 2. everyone in this thread telling you so :)

He has a career 15.0 ypc average and 28 tds in 4 season while missing 4 games this year. He is also only 26 years old.

The guy is doubled teamed all the time put still puts up good numbers, thus is a #1 WR.

Last year at the age of 25 he 1310 yards and 7 tds, while being doubled and tripled covered all year. My step brother is a Lions fan and all he talks about how the Lions do not use him enough.

Moss we are not getting. Johnson would be to much $$ and he wants to much attention. Walker has knee problems so I would take Williams over all of them.

Talk about age to one of our better WR's this year in McCardell. Besides, he is one year older than Moss. :doh:

I won't deny that a receiver's lifetime is a lot longer than most other positions' lifetimes. However, I would point you to Chad Johnson's interview with Keyhaun Johnson. If you don't come away from that interview thinking that there's something seriously wrong with CJ, then maybe you're not a good judge of character. Plus, we don't need a gamebreaker, anyway. We need someone who wants to go over the middle and make the tough catch. I know CJ can do this, but why overpay for him when we can find someone younger, bigger, and just as talented in Roy Williams?

(Looks for the part where I said that the Pats won't re-sign Randy Moss)

Just as I thought, that doesn't exist. I know Moss will be back with the Pats. But, technically, he could be had by any team in the league. :)

That's fine, but I would've rather had him at the price of a 4th round pick like the Patriots. Unfortunately, we'll have to break the bank for a deep threat as well as someone who's infamous for taking plays off and not going over the middle. This is not a priority for us.

Winning cures all. TO, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, just a couple of examples are 'divas'. However, when they are winning.. they are considered 'superstars'.

Perspective, brother.

Is it a given that we'll win with them? We've not proven that we can have a consistent passing attack or a consistent winning approach. These divas can also tear a franchise apart (T.O. in San Fran and Philly, for example) when the team is not winning or feeding them the ball. Roy Williams has not character issues like these other guys, and he's younger than all of them, too. I don't doubt these guys' talent, but in all fairness, you can't doubt their character issues.

Just because he is 'NASTY' doesn't make him a number 1 wideout. He was in an offense who was one of the teams right a top of the NFC and still only managed to get 800 some odd yards. He would be a SICK number 2. But, an average to slightly below average number 1.

Jon Kitna has been probably the most sacked QB the past couple of years. DET o-line is horrible, yet he is still able to put up very good numbers. And he does this even with double, and triple teams on him.

He has a career 15.0 ypc average and 28 tds in 4 season while missing 4 games this year. He is also only 26 years old.

The guy is doubled teamed all the time put still puts up good numbers, thus is a #1 WR.

Last year at the age of 25 he 1310 yards and 7 tds, while being doubled and tripled covered all year. My step brother is a Lions fan and all he talks about how the Lions do not use him enough.

Moss we are not getting. Johnson would be to much $$ and he wants to much attention. Walker has knee problems so I would take Williams over all of them.

I agree 100%. (Can't believe I'm agreeing with Booma :silly: )

:doh: Typical jbooma response. :laugh:

So far, he is a good number 2 wideout who is decent in the redzone.

Calvin Johnson will be a better WR than RW will. They drafted a better wideout despite having this GREAT number 1 WR on their team? It would seem that you are not doing the math, booma. They see the talent that RW has and realized how much more insane he could be with a number 1 WR along side of him.

The dude is good but, not a number 1. Sure enough would not be a number 1 on our team.

His only season in his career where he was healthy enough to finish the season.

Moss we are not getting.

Agreed but, technically, it IS possible.

Johnson would be to much $$ and he wants to much attention.

Not necessarily. Johnson wants to get paid what he is worth which isn't cheap but, it isn't like he isn't worth it. I'd rather 'waste' money on a WR who actually has talent than on a WR who even sucks at rapping.

Walker has knee problems so I would take Williams over all of them.

Walker would be your only good argument on who you could or couldn't take over RW. When healthy, Walker would be a much better SKin than RW would. RW struggled a bit in a Martz offense.. good lord, he would struggle in an Al Saunders offense.

I won't deny that a receiver's lifetime is a lot longer than most other positions' lifetimes. However, I would point you to Chad Johnson's interview with Keyhaun Johnson. If you don't come away from that interview thinking that there's something seriously wrong with CJ, then maybe you're not a good judge of character.

It is this character crap that has us sitting at home when the Superbowl is being played. Did character stop the Pats from taking a chance on the diva, Moss. How about the Cowboys taking a chance on the biggest diva of them all in Owens? How are they performing?

Plus, we don't need a gamebreaker, anyway. We need someone who wants to go over the middle and make the tough catch. I know CJ can do this, but why overpay for him when we can find someone younger, bigger, and just as talented in Roy Williams?

Because we need a number 1 wr and not another number 2? We already have a good number 2 and solid number 3. We need a number 1. If we get rid of Moss or EL.. sure, bring in Roy. If we get rid of Caldwell, McCardell.. sure, bring in RW. But, if we need 1 WR and our option are RW or CJ..

You'd be foolish to take RW.

That's fine, but I would've rather had him at the price of a 4th round pick like the Patriots. Unfortunately, we'll have to break the bank for a deep threat as well as someone who's infamous for taking plays off and not going over the middle. This is not a priority for us.

We have that same player in Santana Moss. I agree, not a priority when we already have that. Save going over the middle.. Moss was his best this year when running a slant.

Is it a given that we'll win with them? We've not proven that we can have a consistent passing attack or a consistent winning approach. These divas can also tear a franchise apart (T.O. in San Fran and Philly, for example) when the team is not winning or feeding them the ball. Roy Williams has not character issues like these other guys, and he's younger than all of them, too. I don't doubt these guys' talent, but in all fairness, you can't doubt their character issues.

Again, our problem with judging character over talent has us a nice football team who has yet to get in the big game. We need a superstar not a nice guy.

If I were the Redskins I would definitely have interest in Roy Williams, Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss.

Yes I said Randy Moss...Obviously he can play and not misbehave.

He can "play and not misbehave" as long as he's catching passes and the team is winning. Unless that's happening, all bets are off as far as him misbehaving. No way I'd put him on this team with their inconsistent QB. Same goes for Terrell Owens.

Archived