Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams on the trading block . . .

Slateman

I like the idea of a tall, fast, and talented WR in our offense. Roy Williams would be a great addition. Trade a second round draft choice along with Brandon Lloyd and maybe Carlos Rogers for Williams and Shaun Rogers.

I like the play of Reche Caldwell, but I would like to see Moss and a taller wideour starting in this offense. I'm not taking anything away from ARE, but he's a slot WR at best.

Roy Williams is the most underrated receiver in the game right now and is still very young. I'll take him anyday of the week, give them Lloyd and a 2nd rounder.

6'3 211 age: 26

I would LOVE to have him. then put Moss as the #2, and ARE in the slot and we'd be gravy!

It is called 1. common sense 2. everyone in this thread telling you so :)

He has a career 15.0 ypc average and 28 tds in 4 season while missing 4 games this year. He is also only 26 years old.

The guy is doubled teamed all the time put still puts up good numbers, thus is a #1 WR.

Last year at the age of 25 he 1310 yards and 7 tds, while being doubled and tripled covered all year. My step brother is a Lions fan and all he talks about how the Lions do not use him enough.

Moss we are not getting. Johnson would be to much $$ and he wants to much attention. Walker has knee problems so I would take Williams over all of them.

well said. Exactly why we need to try to snag Williams. If he and Campbell get into sync, we will be deadly.

It is this character crap that has us sitting at home when the Superbowl is being played. Did character stop the Pats from taking a chance on the diva, Moss. How about the Cowboys taking a chance on the biggest diva of them all in Owens? How are they performing?

Because we need a number 1 wr and not another number 2? We already have a good number 2 and solid number 3. We need a number 1. If we get rid of Moss or EL.. sure, bring in Roy. If we get rid of Caldwell, McCardell.. sure, bring in RW. But, if we need 1 WR and our option are RW or CJ..

You'd be foolish to take RW.

We have that same player in Santana Moss. I agree, not a priority when we already have that. Save going over the middle.. Moss was his best this year when running a slant.

Again, our problem with judging character over talent has us a nice football team who has yet to get in the big game. We need a superstar not a nice guy.

We have a fundamental philosophical difference in that you think RW is a #2 WR, while I think he's a clear-cut #1. I don't think I can convince you otherwise, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think RW has just as much talent as all the other guys you mentioned, he's younger, he's bigger (in some cases), and he's performed well despite not having a great QB. Look at RW's QB Kitna. He is not Carson Palmer, he is not Tom Brady, he is not Jay Cutler/Favre, and he is not Kurt Warner. He throws as many INTs as TDs, and if RW can get those statistics while Kitna is being sacked all over the place, imagine the statistics he could get with a competent O-line and QB.

But Roy Williams is a glorified #2 receiver remember?? :laugh:

lol :laugh:

Seriously though, we NEED to pursue him. Imagine the possibilities......

RW, Moss, ARE, Caldwell...... then throw in the fact that we have a top 3 TE in Cooley. We'd be unstoppable on Offense. IF our o-line can hold up and JC steps his game up. We all know Portis will bring it.

We have a fundamental philosophical difference in that you think RW is a #2 WR, while I think he's a clear-cut #1. I don't think I can convince you otherwise, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think RW has just as much talent as all the other guys you mentioned, he's younger, he's bigger (in some cases), and he's performed well despite not having a great QB. Look at RW's QB Kitna. He is not Carson Palmer, he is not Tom Brady, he is not Jay Cutler/Favre, and he is not Kurt Warner. He throws as many INTs as TDs, and if RW can get those statistics while Kitna is being sacked all over the place, imagine the statistics he could get with a competent O-line and QB.

QFT. Roy Williams(the receiver)=$$$ in Washington

lol :laugh:

Seriously though, we NEED to pursue him. Imagine the possibilities......

RW, Moss, ARE, Caldwell...... then throw in the fact that we have a top 3 TE in Cooley. We'd be unstoppable on Offense. IF our o-line can hold up and JC steps his game up. We all know Portis will bring it.

You just gave me my "O" Face. Ooo, Ooo.

Lets get him. Quick!

I would love me some Roy Williams. But we would probably have to give up a first and second rounder, and I'm not sure I would want to do that considering our history in ignoring the draft. Oh why did we trade for TJ Duckett? As much as I hate to say it, we need to give Llyod another chance at being that tall receiver if we can't get anyone else, we've just invested too much into him.

That's fine, but I would've rather had him at the price of a 4th round pick like the Patriots. Unfortunately, we'll have to break the bank for a deep threat as well as someone who's infamous for taking plays off and not going over the middle. This is not a priority for us.

A deal like that is a team's wet dream. It's just not going to happen again. Moss didn't want to be with the Raiders and the Raiders didn't want Moss. It was either cut him or take whatever they could get. They took whatever they could get, once in a lifetime type deal.

If the Pats could get Randy Moss with a 4th round pick, maybe I'd give a fifth for this guy but that is it.

Actually, screw it. Keep all the draft picks. We need them to repair our lines and to provide depth.

Y'all seriously need to stop judging acquisitions based on that deal.

With Roy Williams on this team, this would not only help the O in the redzone with a big receiver, but also help out Moss. This would give the opposition of deciding to pick their poison; cover the run, double Moss, or double Williams. The skins need to make this happen without giving up any first day picks.

I completely agree, Springs needs to go...Jansen will seriuosly have to compete for his starting job next year with Heyer getting better in the off season.

Also, think there's a serious future with Anthony Mix.

Actually we can start Janson because he's only good for a game or so before being put on IR

Archived