Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams on the trading block . . .

Slateman

Marcus Washington. And they get Brandon Lloyd, just to sweeten the deal.

That's an interesting take. THose to for Roy and a 5th or 6th Rounder this year or next.

I would trade away Jansen. Love his heart but two out of the last three years he hasnt been able to contribute. I also could see trading sean springs and then getting younger at his position via free agency or preferably the draft. If you are starting to see a pattern there is one. Keep healthy veterans and promising youngsters, anybody else probably knows their time is limited which is just the nature of the biz. However, I also believe that keeping a core group is a necessity so none of Gibbs' identified core players should be allowed to go. R.Williams and S. Rodgers could both contribute here though.

I'm leary about trading away Jansen. Wouldn't we take a cap hit if we did this? Plus even if we don't start him this year, who is to say we won't need him later next year?

However if the lions are looking for draft picks :/

Trade them Lloyd and a 5th rounder. for some Monetary help on the cap :D

This thread immediately makes me pitch a tent, but we have to remember, we're talking about one of the best, if not THE best young receivers in the game. This is likely media juice, and if it isnt, they will be looking for some serious compensation.

This is a guy I wouldnt mind trading draft picks for. Young, talented, plays with a ton of passion, skys the limit.

i think portis is a possibility, yes he's an awesome all around back. but, he's no longer a threat to go long distance, he's wearing down and very expensive. roy willams, shaun rodgers would go a long way to help both the wr and d line.this trade and possibly a draft pick thrown in by detroit 3 or 4th and we trade for franchised de jared allen and our d line is beast.alot depends on our cap space, i heard some where that we would be 28 mil over. if thats true. then it's trade the house and start over.i love portis but he makes alot and his cap hit will be the same as what he makes or less.fact is their are soo many needs o line, will jansen be back? randy;s been hurt 2 years in a row. rabach doen't impress me, and kendall is 35 and a light guard.gonna take some very astute moves to make it work. you figure daniels, brunnell and lloyd are gone.lb washington is not the same guy either, springs may go to if he's not willing to redo his contract. we need d line help lb help and depth, cb help and depth

i dont see them packaging both of them, that lends to the original thought that this is all speculation. one thing to trade one of your best players on offense, one of the best YOUNG players in the game, another to say youre thinking of packaging one of your best young defensive players too. not buying it.

I think it would be Betts before Portis for the record.

I couldn't think of a better deal than for us to acquire Williams and Rogers, which would help shore up 2 of our biggest problem areas. For those who are talking about trading Jansen, that makes no sense. I can only imagine what would have happened with our season if we hadn't lost Jansen in week 1. However, it would be amazing if we could somehow pry Roy Williams away from Detroit. Imagine, if he's that happy to be a Lion, imagine how much passion he would bring to the Washington area.

I also could see trading sean springs and then getting younger at his position via free agency or preferably the draft.

the only way that i part with springs is if we pick up nnamdi asomugha from the raiders.

i think that all pizza delivery guys in the dc area just shuddered.:laugh:

We do need a good posession WR, but I don't think Roy Williams is the one. Larry Fitz would be great. Not Randy Moss. And then do we really need #1 WR? If we have Sanata, RandleEl and a big posession WR - this would be great... as long as offensive line can give Jason time to throw.

I couldn't think of a better deal than for us to acquire Williams and Rogers, which would help shore up 2 of our biggest problem areas. For those who are talking about trading Jansen, that makes no sense. I can only imagine what would have happened with our season if we hadn't lost Jansen in week 1. However, it would be amazing if we could somehow pry Roy Williams away from Detroit. Imagine, if he's that happy to be a Lion, imagine how much passion he would bring to the Washington area.

Utah 2! Thats a little Angelo for you...

Anyways, people are delusional thinking that we will get Williams for Lloyd and some other Marginal player...or even Williams for Washington. It is going to take either Rogers/McIntosh or a 2nd rounder. The guy is a legit #1 WR even though he has been somewhat held back by injury.

Utah 2! Thats a little Angelo for you...

Anyways, people are delusional thinking that we will get Williams for Lloyd and some other Marginal player...or even Williams for Washington. It is going to take either Rogers/McIntosh or a 2nd rounder. The guy is a legit #1 WR even though he has been somewhat held back by injury.

Exactly, this guy is talented, and we won't get him with scrubs picks/players. We would, in my opinion, have to match their talent. Ladell Betts, Shawn Springs, and a 5th rounder would probably get it done. We would get Williams and Rogers, which isn't a bad deal at all for us, considering we have Marcus Mason and Rock to backup Portis. This will make CB a need position for us, but with a D-line that will get very good with Rogers and Monty holding the middle down, our CBs don't need to be world-beaters.

Even if we don't get Williams I think we should definitely go after Shaun Rogers. We've been missing that dominant presence along the d-line for a long while now.

No thanks. Shaun Rogers is huge, but he's badly out of shape and had to be pulled out to catch his breath. Plus, we're pretty set at DT with a rotation of Griffin, Golston, and Montgomery.

]']Its easy to behave when Tom Brady throws you 22 picture perfect TD passes.

If he came here' date=' obviously JC would improve ten fold, but he'd have to deal with that. Can he?[/quote']

I suppose I don't see it being an issue. I don't see a scenario where Moss doesn't stay with the Patriots.

No thanks. Shaun Rogers is huge, but he's badly out of shape and had to be pulled out to catch his breath. Plus, we're pretty set at DT with a rotation of Griffin, Golston, and Montgomery.

Out of shape? You do realize you're talking about a 340 lb. man that returned an INTERCEPTION 66 yards for a touchdown this season? Plus, rotating d-linemen out for breathers is common in the NFL today. I believe the Packers rotation is nearly 7 deep, the Seahawks had a 6 man rotation on us Saturday. You can't expect these 300+ pound men to play every snap without needing any breaks. Rogers is dominant when he's in the game. So what if we have to sub Griff or Golston in every now and then. That's what they're there for. Get HIM!

Roy Williams is not the answer. He finished this season on IR. He has only completed one full season out of four. I would steer clear of any 1st round picks that have been made by Millen and the Lions. Let's draft our own big WR in a later round and let Charlie Taylor or Monk come back and coach him.

Archived