Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams on the trading block . . .

Slateman

http://tsn.sportingnews.com/

The Lions will begin getting word out that WR Roy Williams is on the trading block. It wouldn't hurt the Lions to stockpile draft picks, but the front office would prefer to acquire a veteran defensive player. Don't be surprised if the Lions put together a combination deal involving both Williams and DT Shaun Rogers to entice someone to give up a quality player. ...

So . . . what do you think? Gibbs has made trades before. Honestly, I think anyone on the team is tradeable except Landry and Portis.

I came into this thread ready to say things that would get me banned, and then I realized you weren't talking about "that" Roy Williams. :doh: :laugh:

I don't know enough about the other one to give an informed opinion, honestly. But I do know we need a big, fast, sure-handed WR, and he seems like that type.

So long as we don't "overpay," I guess I'd be OK with it.

Marcus Washington. And they get Brandon Lloyd, just to sweeten the deal.

I might be into that, even though I love Washington, if we didn't already have McIntosh out for the majority of next season. I'm not down with having to find two new starting LBs for next year.

Plus, I'm not sure the Lions really need Washington. They have a stud in Ernie Sims and a solid player in Boss Bailey.

I would trade away Jansen. Love his heart but two out of the last three years he hasnt been able to contribute. I also could see trading sean springs and then getting younger at his position via free agency or preferably the draft. If you are starting to see a pattern there is one. Keep healthy veterans and promising youngsters, anybody else probably knows their time is limited which is just the nature of the biz. However, I also believe that keeping a core group is a necessity so none of Gibbs' identified core players should be allowed to go. R.Williams and S. Rodgers could both contribute here though.

I came into this thread ready to say things that would get me banned, and then I realized you weren't talking about "that" Roy Williams. :doh: :laugh:

I don't know enough about the other one to give an informed opinion, honestly. But I do know we need a big, fast, sure-handed WR, and he seems like that type.

So long as we don't "overpay," I guess I'd be OK with it.

Ha i also thought that Rory roy

Roy Williams would be a tempting target but if this article is accurate, who do we have on defense that the Lions would want and who we would be willing to give up?

I think the Lions might want to try and package Williams and either Rogers or perhaps some sort of pick swapping with the Panthers to get Julius Peppers.

Archived