Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Thought Ocho Cinco looked pretty good. He was throwing some weird looking hooks and got dropped though. 

There were a couple times in the fight where there was action inside and Chad punched out of the clinch landing some shots. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No reason for Floyd to want to knock him out. This is just taking free money from suckers. The Paul’s are a circus freak show, it’s sad to see a once respected boxer decide to be one as well 

This is no different than those "exhibitions" Ali did after his career was over. Nothing wrong with collecting easy money. 

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

This is no different than those "exhibitions" Ali did after his career was over. Nothing wrong with collecting easy money. 

What?  It's a con.  Do you support robocalls, too?  Ali sparred a hockey dude after he was done.  Brain mushed, this that and the other.

It was BS.  So you support BS.  Great.

There is definitely something wrong with making easy money.  Like sticking up and robbing a lady on the street.  Is that not wrong?

**** this ****.  I'm sick of it.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Shouldn't be surprised this went full 8 rounds. Was really hoping Paul would get knocked out just based on experience.

The whole reason these fights make money is for that exact reason. Floyd will no doubt fight him again without a “tie” clause, knock him out and in the meantime Paul’s idiot brother will continue to run his mouth thus setting up their fight where we’ll see the whole song and dance again. This is a billion dollar ordeal for Floyd and he doesn’t give two ****s about the KO. He spent the last two decades being the villain so he could care less.

• Thanks 1

That fight played out almost like it was a setup for Mayweather vs the younger brother who is considered the better of the two, who will also get worked over if it ever happened.

Floyd fought about how you would expect a 44 year old retired fighter to fight against a guy of that size.  No way was he going to take all these risks to try and do something spectacular looking.  He allowed Logan to believe he had enough of a chance to get confident enough to let the distance close and then routinely hit him with leads and counters until Logan was gassed and stunned and decided to start clinching anytime the two got anywhere close to Floyd's range. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm not a Mayweather fan at all and I certainly didn't watch the "fight". At any point, Mayweather could knock out either of those guys. 

Yeah, I caught it....(didn't pay for it lol) and it amazes me the amount of people who just refuse to apply logic to this as well as when Mayweather fought McGregor.  Mayweather is putting on a show, there is little to no incentive to go out there an KO these guys ASAP, the idea is to keep the "show" going for as long as possible in order to maximize future "fights" 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Yeah, I caught it....(didn't pay for it lol) and it amazes me the amount of people who just refuse to apply logic to this as well as when Mayweather fought McGregor.  Mayweather is putting on a show, there is little to no incentive to go out there an KO these guys ASAP, the idea is to keep the "show" going for as long as possible in order to maximize future "fights" 

Exactly. Sometime people don't realize how dominant professional athletes are at their craft. Even retired professional athletes or athletes that weren't the greatest but were still pros. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Nobody wants to pay 50 or 60 dollars for a short ass 1 round fight

If possible they are going to draw it out as long as possible to keep you guessing

Showmanship at work. This was an exhibition.

If they are intentionally drawing it out to ultimately make more money, this isn’t an exhibition or even a competition. It’s robbery 

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

He's not putting on a show so much as not giving the satisfying conclusion he knows fans pay for. He's the Empire Strikes Back of the boxing world.

Edited by PartyPosse

Money is hands down the smartest and best boxer in the history of boxing anyone that tries to argue that just has no clue....Only one knockdown ever against him and it because he hurt his hand and never because he was hit on the head hard enough maybe Zab Judah got close but that's about it. Its not his fault you guys want to see mutilation go on in the ring like its a gladiator event.....he just laughts himself to the bank every time I love how he called it legalized bank robbery LOL.

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

Money is hands down the smartest and best boxer in the history of boxing anyone that tries to argue that just has no clue....Only one knockdown ever against him and it because he hurt his hand and never because he was hit on the head hard enough maybe Zab Judah got close but that's about it.

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If they are intentionally drawing it out to ultimately make more money, this isn’t an exhibition or even a competition. It’s robbery 

Then don't buy it watch it or care about it....to even post on a boxing thread imo everyone is in control of their decisions if people want to buy an exhibition fight that's on them....is Vegas robbery as well? Or what about spending tickets on a terrible team for 25 years to watch in a terrible stadium is that robbery?

Edited by CjSuAvE22

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Then don't buy it watch it or care about it....to even post on a boxing thread imo everyone is in control of their decisions if people want to buy an exhibition fight that's on them....is Vegas robbery as well? Or what about spending tickets on a terrible team for 25 years to watch in a terrible stadium is that robbery?

this is a dumb analogy. You know what you are being sold in Vegas. Or with the scripted entertainment like WWE. Rooting for a ****ty football team is still legitimate competition that you are paying for. 

people are being sold a competition here and it’s really just a fake sparring session so celebrities can make money ripping off suckers. 

as for my posting, boxing was once a legitimate sport but circus shows like this to rip-off paying customers are what it’s got going for it now. This is what mainstream

boxing is. Wilder Fury didn’t enter 1/5th into culture as this did and these other car crash boxing matches do. It’s a joke and as a sport it should be humiliated. I’m sure it is, but it’s too far past that point of no return now. 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this is a dumb analogy. You know what you are being sold in Vegas. Or with the scripted entertainment like WWE. Rooting for a ****ty football team is still legitimate competition that you are paying for. 

You are the one that used the word "Robbery" who held a gun to peoples heads to force them to buy this? Did anyone snoop around in peoples wallets and remove $50 to force them to watch this exhibition match? Im sorry but if you spend money on something with no judges that has been called an "exhibition" match for months and are expecting Mike Tysons vs Evander Holyfield that's on you.

• Thanks 1