Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I made my life a Mayweather-free zone about a decade ago.

Its really nice here.  I recommend it.

I did the same. Never understood why people spent money on things like Pacquiao-Mayweather or any other hyped Mayweather fight in the last 10 years. They were always going to be boring fights that were about making as much money as possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Money is hands down the smartest and best boxer in the history of boxing anyone that tries to argue that just has no clue....Only one knockdown ever against him and it because he hurt his hand and never because he was hit on the head hard enough maybe Zab Judah got close but that's about it. Its not his fault you guys want to see mutilation go on in the ring like its a gladiator event.....he just laughts himself to the bank every time I love how he called it legalized bank robbery LOL.

Then don't buy it watch it or care about it....to even post on a boxing thread imo everyone is in control of their decisions if people want to buy an exhibition fight that's on them....is Vegas robbery as well? Or what about spending tickets on a terrible team for 25 years to watch in a terrible stadium is that robbery?

Mayweather was the best and smartest boxer of his era but his undefeated recorded is laughable, which is the problem with boxing. The amount of fixed fights when there was more opportunity to watch them just killed the sport. I used to love the sport and still enjoy catching some stuff but I don't ever buy events anymore. There seems to be some belief by promoters and those higher up that being undefeated is important to fans but really fans just want to see the best fights possible. They have learned nothing from MMA's success. 

As for Mayweather being the best ever, I don't try to compare eras. For example, to try to say how he might have done against the fab four from the 70s-80s is ridiculous. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

I did the same. Never understood why people spent money on things like Pacquiao-Mayweather or any other hyped Mayweather fight in the last 10 years. They were always going to be boring fights that were about making as much money as possible. 

Many of us had been looking forward to Pacquiao/Mayweather for years so we were going to pay for it regardless of both being past their primes. With that being said, Floyd won’t get another nickel from me unless he’s fighting Crawford, Spence, Pacquiao or Canelo. Can’t believe some people actually paid to see this exhibition. 

Edited by No Nonsense

Mayweather's credentials are as legit as anyone other all time great.  The way most people talk about the guy it seems like they didn't start watching his fights until the last 3-5 years of his career where he was usually outsized/strength by his opponents and used defense and the sweet science to still dominate.  When he first burst onto the scene he was a wizard in the ring and was getting plenty of KO's and stoppages but as his career went on he made the conscious decision to want to exit the sport without having to eat his meals through a straw shortly thereafter so he continued to develop one of the best defense/counter-punching styles in the history of the sport.  Hate it if you want, but it is hard to argue it's effectiveness.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Mayweather's credentials are as legit as anyone other all time great.  The way most people talk about the guy it seems like they didn't start watching his fights until the last 3-5 years of his career where he was usually outsized/strength by his opponents and used defense and the sweet science to still dominate.  When he first burst onto the scene he was a wizard in the ring and was getting plenty of KO's and stoppages but as his career went on he made the conscious decision to want to exit the sport without having to eat his meals through a straw shortly thereafter so he continued to develop one of the best defense/counter-punching styles in the history of the sport.  Hate it if you want, but it is hard to argue it's effectiveness.

Is anyone dismissing how great he was?

How did those of you who watched May vs Paul "score" the bout?

I have to be honest... I gave it to Logan Paul. Floyd rocked Logan and Logan never rocked Floyd. In the clinches, Mayweather landed good body shots and I gave him rounds 3-5. That's about it. Rounds 1,2,6,7, and 8 were Paul landing a stiff jab and using his size to keep Money wrapped up.

Standing by for the "you're crazy" and the "you don't know boxing" replies but I don't care. I saw what I saw. 🤨

10 hours ago, China said:

People still watch boxing?  Why would anyone pay that much to watch what by all accounts was a truly boring fight?

Honest-to-God answer: Sunday nights are always my "HBO lineup" nights.  "Mare of Easttown" ended the previous week and HBO had not started a new season of any of their sunday night shows. I panicked and bought the dang thing. 🙂

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The videos online sure look like Mayweather accidentally ko'ed Paul and then grabbed him and held him up. That said, real fight? I suspect Mayweather would have finished him early despite giving up 40+ pounds. 

it’s almost impossible to deny. There is no reason for Floyd to grab him and Paul is clearly limp at that moment 

whole thing is a scam 

18 hours ago, Chachie said:

How did those of you who watched May vs Paul "score" the bout?

I have to be honest... I gave it to Logan Paul. Floyd rocked Logan and Logan never rocked Floyd. In the clinches, Mayweather landed good body shots and I gave him rounds 3-5. That's about it. Rounds 1,2,6,7, and 8 were Paul landing a stiff jab and using his size to keep Money wrapped up.

Standing by for the "you're crazy" and the "you don't know boxing" replies but I don't care. I saw what I saw. 🤨

I scored it 8 rounds for debacle and 0 rounds for credible. A shutout.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, NoCalMike said:

He also had hand issues. Another reason he didn't go for the KOs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fury/Wilder 3 has been postponed due to a COVID outbreak in Fury’s camp. Reports say Fury is one of them that tested positive for COVID. 

I think there’s more at play here. For one, I don’t think they’ve had enough time to train for a fight of this magnitude. It felt very rushed and there have been little buzz for a major heavyweight championship fight that’s just 2 weeks away. 

Second, they might have realized that it’s not wise to have three PPV’s (Tank Davis’ in June, Fury/Wilder in July, Pac/Spence in August) in consecutive months. Four PPV’s if you count McGreggor’s this weekend. 

September or even October makes more sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ugas can box. This will be his biggest test to date. Thought he won the fight with Shawn Porter. Ugas isn't Spence, but this will be a good one. Don't be surprised at an upset victory. 

Spence had surgery on his eye (retinal tear). Gonna need some major time to recover. Expect him back in the spring of 2022 to fight the winner. 

For the record, people are skeptical of Spence’s “eye injury.” Weird coincidence that Madaina, the man who Ugas originally was supposed to fight, had the same eye injury on the same day? Rumor has it that Spence was looking bad in sparring and Pacquiao was looking really sharp. Now 42 year old Pacquiao has to fight another tough fight before a possible fight with the younger Spence. 

This just shows you the kind of fighter Pacquiao is. He had every right to just call it off, but he’s going on with it. 

On 8/15/2021 at 8:10 AM, No Nonsense said:

For the record, people are skeptical of Spence’s “eye injury.” Weird coincidence that Madaina, the man who Ugas originally was supposed to fight, had the same eye injury on the same day? Rumor has it that Spence was looking bad in sparring and Pacquiao was looking really sharp. Now 42 year old Pacquiao has to fight another tough fight before a possible fight with the younger Spence. 

This just shows you the kind of fighter Pacquiao is. He had every right to just call it off, but he’s going on with it. 

Spence ain't that type of dude. He wants all of the smoke. No way would he fake this and lose out on his biggest payday. He already got the surgery. Plus, he gets to add a MAJOR name and another belt to his resume. Boxing twitter and the interwebz are full of conspiracies. This one, I can't buy. Besides, everyone looks good shadow boxing hitting air. Ugas is gonna make Manny work for that victory. Sparring is sparring. This is when you are supposed to look bad, so you can work on things. Years ago, Spence lumped up Floyd Mayweather and blacked his eye in sparring. Those type of things happen. 

Manny is that dude. He always wants to fight. But Father Time is undefeated for a reason. He better hope Ugas doesn't upset his potential farewell fight. Gonna be a good one no matter who wins. 

• Like 1