Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

With UFC going on and PBC Boxing on Fox, not easy trying to watch all three. I could have done without the mini concerts, even with Snoop, Cube, E-40 and Too Short. Dozed off during Justin Bieber and I have no idea who the girl was. Audio was jacked up during the concerts, or I just had a crappy feed. 

That Slap Boxing event was funny. Nature Boy Ric Flair standing there laughing and talking. Oscar De La Hoya was drunk as hell or higher than a kite. His commentary was unfiltered and funny AF. 

Askren had no chance. He just wanted that pay day.  The co-main event was awful. Regis Prograis vs Ivan Redkach. Regis hit Ivan with a body shot and Ivan claimed he got hit in the balls. Ref believed him and Ivan rolled around on the mat in pain. Many replay angles showed it was a body shot and then Ivan got carried out on a stretcher. Best acting job ever!!! Even better than a soccer flop!  😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ksun247 said:

With UFC going on and PBC Boxing on Fox, not easy trying to watch all three. I could have done without the mini concerts, even with Snoop, Cube, E-40 and Too Short. Dozed off during Justin Bieber and I have no idea who the girl was. Audio was jacked up during the concerts, or I just had a crappy feed. 

That Slap Boxing event was funny. Nature Boy Ric Flair standing there laughing and talking. Oscar De La Hoya was drunk as hell or higher than a kite. His commentary was unfiltered and funny AF. 

Askren had no chance. He just wanted that pay day.  The co-main event was awful. Regis Prograis vs Ivan Redkach. Regis hit Ivan with a body shot and Ivan claimed he got hit in the balls. Ref believed him and Ivan rolled around on the mat in pain. Many replay angles showed it was a body shot and then Ivan got carried out on a stretcher. Best acting job ever!!! Even better than a soccer flop!  😂

No mention of the Black Keys ? That was pretty decent Blues.

Or how about Frank Mir's moral victory, of surviving 7 rounds with Cunningham, taking it to decision ?

"The balloon's gonna pop ! The balloon's gonna pop !"

Well, Mir's balloon never popped ! Victory for everyone !

Also, it was great to see Holyfield coaching.

Because I never knew I had so much in common with Evander Holyfield !

Holyfield said he never really wanted to be a fighter. Because he didn't like to get hit.

That's crazy ! Same as me !

So, that's what motivated him to actually become a fighter ; learning how not to get hit.

Well, that's where the striking similarities between Holyfield and I end. He went on, to become a championship pro boxer.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

No mention of the Black Keys ? That was pretty decent Blues.

Or how about Frank Mir's moral victory, of surviving 7 rounds with Cunningham, taking it to decision ?

"The balloon's gonna pop ! The balloon's gonna pop !"

Well, Mir's balloon never popped ! Victory for everyone !

Also, it was great to see Holyfield coaching.

Because I never knew I had so much in common with Evander Holyfield !

Holyfield said he never really wanted to be a fighter. Because he didn't like to get hit.

That's crazy ! Same as me !

So, that's what motivated him to actually become a fighter ; learning how not to get hit.

Well, that's where the striking similarities between Holyfield and I end. He went on, to become a championship pro boxer.

Missed The Black Keys, I think. There was some music group but didn't know who they were. 

Mir did decent; however Cunningham has no power. Good effort by both.

De La Hoya on the commentary for this fight was gold. Don't know how many times he said the U.S.S.A. 

Was trying to watch all 3 events at the same time. so my attention was split. 

Long day of work, so I almost didn't make it to the main events of Triller or UFC. 

Also, thought Harrison lost the fight to Perella in the PBC on Fox main event. Should not have been a draw IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

people pay to watch this stuff? 

A lot of people.

In order to pay these guys, their purses.

Ben Askren is laughing all the way to the bank, in the most literal sense.

After the fight, when asked what's next, he replied, "I'm gonna go to the bank and cash my $1 Million check, and then..." he says with a smirk.

I don't think he's exaggerating, either. And that's not to mention what they paid all the other "fighters" and "entertainers".

Reality TV has been a thing since the 90's.

And apparently it's even bigger, these days.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Hersh said:

I can’t wait to make fun of anyone that spends money on this. 

Not me. But I'm glad they changed the date. Floyd and his team initially had their date as 5 June, which was the PPV date for  Teo Lopez vs George Kambosos. Floyd and his team are always trying to take the shine away from other non-Mayweather Promotion boxers. With both events being PPV, folks are gonna have to decide where to spend their money (Triller or Mayweather).  Will see both, but Floyd gets no more of my $$$.

If Jan Błachowicz gets past Glover, then his fight against Jiří Procházka is going to be a banger.  The polish power vs this crazy kickboxer guy.   Sort of like having to fight Adesanya again but someone who actually belongs at LHW.

This is literally the last fight, ever, from which I would expect such action.

Triller offers fans who illegally streamed Jake Paul vs Ben Askren ‘one-time’ chance to pay

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/5/4/22418747/triller-offers-one-time-settlement-illegal-streamers-of-jake-paul-vs-ben-askren-event-boxing-news

Triller is planning to take legal action against unauthorized streamers who viewed and/or broadcasted the Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren event in mid-April. Those who will be named in the lawsuit may face up to $150,000 in fines.

• 2 weeks later...

Pacquiao just announced via his Twitter page.  Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao vs Errol "The Truth" Spence Welterweight (147 LBs) Unification Bout on 21 August in Las Vegas. One final payday before Manny gets sent into retirement. 

#StrapSeason #ManDown

Edited by ksun247
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

“Get sent into retirement?” Lol

At this point, I’d give it to Spence, but if Pacquiao does pull off the upset, he’s in the GOAT conversation. 

Manny is already in the conversation. Still #2 behind Floyd though.

• 2 weeks later...