Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty commands you to reed this thread!!!

Teller

I have been wanting to get rid of this guy for a long time. Im here to eat my crow. The coaching staff has done a great job of putting him in the right position and last night i think he had his best game ever. I think he possibly saved 2 scores...that pick he dropped would have been awesome (think it should have been O PI on the play). But Reed had an amazing game. Thanks Reed! HTTR

Tried to tell you folks for years that he was a valuable part of the team and he showed why once again. He is a backup and many of you forget that and treated him as a starter, but he stepped up and played like a starter these last few weeks.

What is his contract status?

Tried to tell you folks for years that he was a valuable part of the team and he showed why once again. He is a backup and many of you forget that and treated him as a starter, but he stepped up and played like a starter these last few weeks.

What is his contract status?

He's under contract for next season for like 1.1M or something like that, which I'm guessing is pretty close to the league minimum for a guy who's been in the league as long as he has.

What do you want in a backup? Strong special teams play? - check. Knows his assignments and won't make scheme mistakes? - check. Can do well enough in the role assigned for him to play? Yes, if limited to strong safety and run support. No, if assigned heavy pass protection responsibilities. When the Skins put him in a position to succeed as they did the last two weeks then they reap the rewards (two sacks and a ton of tackles last night) If he's put in a position where he's overmatched then we know the results. Defensive coaches can't expect for the backups to be as equally adept at switching strong/free as the starters. I think he'll be back.

Well, he's had his best season as a backup so far. And Sunday was his best game of his career, in the biggest game of his career.. and he had 4 VERY solid games leading up to it.

I was on the "get rid of him" train, but he's pulled his game up.

Bring him back to play special teams and platoon DB work as he has been.

He's earned it.

~Bang

Doughty supporter checking in. I've always liked Doughty and I still do!

He is what he is: A back-up safety/role player who is great in run coverage. Every year he gets thrust into a starting position and into some plays where he's covering a top-10 receiver and he gets iced. And people remember only that.

Is he a starting safety? Absolutely not. But he is definitely worth a roster spot and can even shine when the team's health allows him to be used as he should.

Archived