Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty commands you to reed this thread!!!

Teller

I'm here to claim my chicken dinner. :ols:

It took a long time to get to this point, but the Reed/Landry debate has been answered in Washington. Ultimately, we went with the more fundamentally-sound player, and the better tackler. Time for Meriweather to play centerfield, and put Reed in the box where he should be.

I tried ta tell y'all. :finger: :D

Reed Doughty. Watching him get burned reminds me of Stevens getting torched by Ismail in the 1999 opener. Meh... he knows the position, right?

I think its hysterical that there are people who are trumpting Doughty's limitations vs. LaRoid's.

One is a 6th round pick and the other was an awful choice as the 6th OVERALL pick.

For all his faults, Doughty has outlasted everyone. Pretty impressive or it just tells you how bad the talent at that position has been.

Patting Doughty on the back for his sub-par play because he stayed here longer than an egotistical injury plagued gym queen?

Must be the Redskins.

Who cares if Landry leaves. Doughty is STILL a liability to the defense. He is not a sure tackler, he's terrible in pass coverage.

Anyone arguing otherwise has either

A/ A very low standard of competence, or

B/ No eyes.

And if he's our starting safety again next year, he will still miss tackles, he will still get juked out of his shoes, he will still go to his knees when trying to tackle, he will still be late reacting to the ball, he will continue to mis-play or mis-read the receivers, his hands will still not know the feel of a pass defensed, and he will still continue to be target #1 to any quarterback who sees 37 lining up on the other side.

~Bang

Do we have stats on Bad Angles Taken to the Ballcarrier?

How about for Going to Knees When Tackling?

Both of them will probably be among the league leaders there.

If there was a stat for Juked Inside the Ten Yard Line, Doughty's the clear leader.

He also would lead in Starting Safety With The Least Amount of Passes Defensed in History.

And hs Late % is off the charts.

Saying he's better than Landry is like picking which of the two turds you left this morning are better. One doesn't play, the other can't.

Except on special teams. Doughty is good on teams.

~Bang

Reed Doughty Since 2007:

Games: 66

Tackles 344

INT 1

Sack 3.5

Laron Landry since 2007:

Games: 64

Tackles: 383

INT 4

Sack 5.5

Laron was a 1st round pick (6th Overall) from LSU. Reed was a 6th round pick from Northern Colorado.

All that demonstrates is that Reed was a better value pick.

He's still awful.

Reed Doughty makes backseat drivers stay quiet until they reach their destination.

Reed Doughty only walks when his butler forgets to get the car.

Dead people live for Reed Doughty.

Reed has perfect hearing but doesn't want to hear all that "missed tackles" stuff, so he pretends to not be listening. Just laugh cuz' Reed just tweeted "lol" before this was posted.

Reed Doughty orders chicken wings from Pez and takes them to BW3's on Sundays to watch his brother play football.

Reed Doughty has a twin brother named Reed. He's not as good as Reed Doughty. He doesn't tackle as well as Reed.

Laron Landry is Reed Doughty's trainer, so Landry has enormous biceps from spotting Reed on bench press.

Seriously. Reed Doughty still being a Redskin 5 years after this thread started speaks volumes of the lack of depth in the Vinny Cerrato era.

:secret: Vinny hasn't been here in a few years. Reed is still here.

Reed is not better than LL. Not even close. However, him being a 6th round pick and his productivity since then makes drafting him a hell of a lot better selection than LL at 6th. For all his faults he has managed to survive coaching changes, coordinators, etc. You can say it's lack of depth or whatever you want to, but the guy is still here. If he was nearly as bad as people here make him out to be, he would not be. The Skins have had so many "overpriced", "loud-mouthed", "dancing on the field for no reason" busts in the past I can't understand why a guy like Reed takes so much heat from the fan base. Especially when the true "busts" on the team over the years at one time or another were "fan favorites". So much for a guy overachieving these days. You have to underachieve for the fans to cheer for you. At least it would seem so around here. :doh:

:secret: Vinny hasn't been here in a few years. Reed is still here.

Reed is not better than LL. Not even close. However, him being a 6th round pick and his productivity since then makes drafting him a hell of a lot better selection than LL at 6th. For all his faults he has managed to survive coaching changes, coordinators, etc. You can say it's lack of depth or whatever you want to, but the guy is still here. If he was nearly as bad as people here make him out to be, he would not be. The Skins have had so many "overpriced", "loud-mouthed", "dancing on the field for no reason" busts in the past I can't understand why a guy like Reed takes so much heat from the fan base. Especially when the true "busts" on the team over the years at one time or another were "fan favorites". So much for a guy overachieving these days. You have to underachieve for the fans to cheer for you. At least it would seem so around here. :doh:

It takes time to overhaul a roster. We had ZERO depth when Vinny got fired only two years ago. I understand the need to keep Doughty on the roster the last year or so. The thing YOU need to understand is, like Chris Horton, Doughty would be out of football should the Skins release him.

It takes time to overhaul a roster. We had ZERO depth when Vinny got fired only two years ago. I understand the need to keep Doughty on the roster the last year or so. The thing YOU need to understand is, like Chris Horton, Doughty would be out of football should the Skins release him.

Horton is with the Giants

One reason Doughty remains is because of the very bad luck we've had with safeties, starting with the death of Sean Taylor. The Bust of Landry.. draft picks, free agents,, we try to do something with it every year,, and Doughty wins out in the numbers game in that he knows the system(s) and plays special teams.

He is good on special teams, and he's worth a roster spot for it. But I don't want to see him in at safety anymore unless it's (another) emergency.

~Bang

• 5 months later...
One reason Doughty remains is because of the very bad luck we've had with safeties, starting with the death of Sean Taylor. The Bust of Landry.. draft picks, free agents,, we try to do something with it every year,, and Doughty wins out in the numbers game in that he knows the system(s) and plays special teams.

He is good on special teams, and he's worth a roster spot for it. But I don't want to see him in at safety anymore unless it's (another) emergency.

~Bang

How about the game-winning interception? :pfft:

Reading Bang's post he pretty much is dead on. Safety has not been a very reliable position for years. I like Reed and was very glad to see him get the interception, but he is what he is and will demonstrate that if has to play significant minutes the rest of the season besides special teams.

Archived