Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed Doughty commands you to reed this thread!!!

Teller

Reminds me of Pat Fischer, or some fleeting moments of Ifeyani Ohalete (sp?).

Wow. There's high praise, and then there's high praise. I'm pretty sure Reed would take the Pat Fischer comparison all day long. (Though even I think it's juuuuust a little premature for that.) I know what you're saying tough. Maybe not the most gifted athlete, but makes the most of the tools that he has.

I like Ohalete too. Throughout my lifetime, my favorite Redskins have always been the guys that fly under the radar and just do their job without fanfare. Monte Coleman, my all-time favorite Skin is the perfect example of that.

I must admit that I don't think my new found appreciation for the player and pro Reed Doughty is would not have come about as quickly for me if not for the fact that I was disgusted with Landry and everything about him. His poor tackling, poor angles, poor attitude, and his buffoonish poses. Without Landry being the bum that he is, I may not have been able to appreciate Reed as much. So I don't think I deserve much credit. It's the folks who were on the Reed Train right from the start who deserve kudos. :)

Meh, I appreciate that, but trust me, I've been wrong about players far more often than I've been right. I'm just glad things have worked out for Reed the way they have. I love the fact that I can point at that guy and tell my kids, "This is how you should conduct yourself." Not just in terms of sports, but in terms of life.

It seems like it's getting increasingly harder to do that with athletes. (Not that they should be held to a higher standard or anything.) But when you look at Tiger Woods, for example. Who wants to tell their kid to be like him? Sure, he's the greatest athlete in the world in his sport, but I'll take a great person who works his ever-loving *** off, over a great athlete any day of the week.

That being said, I think Reed's a better athlete than he gets credit for. His 40-time at the combine was better than a guy named Jerry Rice (who was a decent athlete in his own right.) He also had the best cone drill of any safety at the combine when he came out.

If you notice, when he gets beat, he gets beat by a half-step or a fingertip. I don't recall ever seeing the guy just get flat out smoked. Granted, if the result is the same, that doesn't matter a whole lot. But when a guy can run step by step with TO, you've definitely got something to work with athletically.

• 3 weeks later...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...one-in-ha.html

Safety Reed Doughty suffered a broken bone in his hand during organized team activities but plans to participate in the remainder of the Redskins' offseason program, a person familiar with the situation wrote in a text message to a reporter Friday.

The injury occurred during Wednesday's OTA session and prompted Washington's medical staff to fit Doughty with a cast on his right hand. But Doughty, who has impressed the new coaching staff with his toughness and intelligence, practiced after the injury occurred. He's expected to wear a cast for a couple of weeks.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

Wow I am very impressed...... I hope Reed has pro-bowl year.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...one-in-ha.html

Safety Reed Doughty suffered a broken bone in his hand during organized team activities but plans to participate in the remainder of the Redskins' offseason program, a person familiar with the situation wrote in a text message to a reporter Friday.

The injury occurred during Wednesday's OTA session and prompted Washington's medical staff to fit Doughty with a cast on his right hand. But Doughty, who has impressed the new coaching staff with his toughness and intelligence, practiced after the injury occurred. He's expected to wear a cast for a couple of weeks.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

Wow I am very impressed...... I hope Reed has pro-bowl year.

He's a tough SOB. Guys like this are leaders on this team.

^^^^^^^^......... Ops sorry just saw that there is a thread already about this.... Didn't mean to bump. But still Reed is a man's man!!!! :)

Reed deserves one thousand threads ALL to himself.

It's not as if he cares though... he's so cool that the Fonz himself bows down in abject terror!!!

Reed MAY have broken his hand to give his opponent a fair chance at the ball.

No one can know the mind of REED!!!

human_brain.jpg

This is an actual family vacation snapshot of Reed Doughty's brain. NOTICE the deep cerebral crevices that are a sure hallmark of genius. This helps Reed to figure his OWN taxes AND helps him flow DIRECTLY to the ball.

Reed is tired of the questions. He is going to prove, once and for all, that he is indeed the best Safety in the NFL with 1 hand tied behind his back (in a manner of speaking).

Reed has ALREADY healed himself!

hand_xray.jpg

Look; US Government approval!

USDALogo.jpg

I hear Chuck Norris comparisons coming on.

Blasphamy!

Reed would kick Norris's ***, if he only felt like ruining his reputation by beating up on a d-lister!!! Are you serious? NORRIS??? :hysterical:

Norris does not deserve to pick up Reed's dry cleaning!!!

Reed Doughty's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd.

Nobody fools with Reed Doughty.

On a high school math test Reed Doughty put down "Violence" as every one of the answers.

Reed Doughty got an A+ on that math test.

Reed Doughty solves all his problems with Violence.

:ols: :ols: HAHAHA :ols: :ols:

Archived