Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

Cousins still hasn't won a road game or beaten a team with a winning record. Romoo is back. I honestly think it's more likely we lose out than it is we make the playoffs. Most probable outcome: 5-11.

I don't think you're wrong about anything above. We are 4-6 so you have to assume that we need to go 4-2 (at least) to make the playoffs. I would agree that it's just about equally likely that we win no games as it is that we win 4. 

I think/hope that 6-10 or 7-9 is still in play though. I view the playoffs as an extreme long-shot, but would love for this team to play a game or two in December that matters. It won't be a playoff berth, but it will be a playoff atmosphere and would help the coaches and players. 

We don't deserve to be in the playoffs - what's the point to go one and done with a season ending @ss whopping

You asked for it:

1.  To make the playoffs boosts every single players confidence, as well as the coaches. 

2.  Teams rally behind things, playoffs can be one of them.

3.  While the Any Given Sunday mantra is over used, look at the wild card steelers, or giants - clicked at the right time.

4.  Coming back as division winners next year can attract some FA pieces we are missing.

• Like 2

You asked for it:

1.  To make the playoffs boosts every single players confidence, as well as the coaches. 

2.  Teams rally behind things, playoffs can be one of them.

3.  While the Any Given Sunday mantra is over used, look at the wild card steelers, or giants - clicked at the right time.

4.  Coming back as division winners next year can attract some FA pieces we are missing.

I was going to say experience, but I think you said it better. 

While I do think we would lose first round, you never pass up the opportunity to go.  Carolina Panthers are the obvious example of making the playoffs last year with a (7,8,1) record.  Looks like they are regretting it this year.

Edited by spaceman47
  • Like 1

listen man, if the panthers could get in the playoffs last year, we can do it this year. 

after 11 games in 2014 they were 3-8 and had lost 6 in a row.   In those first 11 games they were scoring 19 and giving up 28.  They were running for 103 yards per game, giving up 117. 

they finished by winning last 4, outscored their opponents 28-12, ran for 197 yards per game! 

if you google articles from back then, there was  A TON of chatter about Newtons' future wiht team and Ron was as good as gone. 

They ended up wining a freaking playoff game last year! 

listen man, if the panthers could get in the playoffs last year, we can do it this year. 

after 11 games in 2014 they were 3-8 and had lost 6 in a row.   In those first 11 games they were scoring 19 and giving up 28.  They were running for 103 yards per game, giving up 117. 

they finished by winning last 4, outscored their opponents 28-12, ran for 197 yards per game! 

if you google articles from back then, there was  A TON of chatter about Newtons' future wiht team and Ron was as good as gone. 

They ended up wining a freaking playoff game last year! 

I don't get the point of these comparisons.  Taking what another team did in the past, then extrapolating that out to what the Skins could/should do.  Comparisons like that doesn't exactly give me hope.  Could that happen for the Skins,..is i possible?  Sure, especially considering how the NFCE stands right now.  They have a mathematical shot.  But going by what I've seen of the current team so far, their play is far too inconsistent on both sides of the ball and they still lack talent at key positions to make me feel they have a good shot at winning the division, going to the playoffs, AND winning a playoff game.  It would be great but the eye test says the likelihood is low.

Edited by Probos

I don't get the point of these comparisons.  Taking what another team did in the past, then extrapolating that out to what the Skins could/should do.  Comparisons like that doesn't exactly give me hope.  Could that happen for the Skins,..is i possible?  Sure, especially considering how the NFCE stands right now.  They have a mathematical shot.  But going by what I've seen of the current team so far, their play is far too inconsistent on both sides of the ball and they still lack talent at key positions to make me feel they have a good shot at winning the division, going to the playoffs, AND winning a playoff game.  It would be great but the eye test says the likelihood is low.

I doubt many losing teams look like they're about to make a run before they do indeed make a run, though lol...The Panthers sure as hell didn't last year before they started their run, whidh I assume was the point of the comparison.

Does anyone have a link to the original "Paloffs is Here" thread?

That was epic.

Paloffs is Now, not Here lol...

Edited by Califan007

Is this a serious post? The point is to progress as a franchise.

Yes, totally serious - why? Do you think we're superbowl bound once we make the postseason? Seriously?

You asked for it:

1. To make the playoffs boosts every single players confidence, as well as the coaches.

2. Teams rally behind things, playoffs can be one of them.

3. While the Any Given Sunday mantra is over used, look at the wild card steelers, or giants - clicked at the right time.

4. Coming back as division winners next year can attract some FA pieces we are missing.

5. Crack is a helluva drug

6. zzzzz

I remember when we were in a position to go all the way in the playoffs - the state we are in it will just be a cruel and futile mirage. I know what it means to contend - seriously - and this ain't it.

Edited by johnboy99

An article on NFL.COM mentions the Cowboys as a team that could emerge as a paloff contender if they're able to beat the Panthers. Guess who they DON'T mention as having a chance to make the paloffs. ;)

Well, that's because the Cowboys can emerge as a playoff contender.

There's only one NFL team for which paloffs are always now!

I'm happy to be playing meaningful games in December, and as of now am still holding out hope for 10-6. However, I am somewhat old school in thinking that if a team doesn't have a winning record, my enthusiasm for that team's playoff-worthiness diminishes. So once the Skins hit loss number 8, I'll still be watching the games and cheering for us to win, but the playoffs will sort of just be gravy in my mind.

Yes, totally serious - why? Do you think we're superbowl bound once we make the postseason? Seriously?

I remember when we were in a position to go all the way in the playoffs - the state we are in it will just be a cruel and futile mirage. I know what it means to contend - seriously - and this ain't it.

once any team gets to the playoffs, no matter how good or bad their record is, no matter how good or bad they are, anything can happen. the nfl is all about luck, especially when you make it to the playoffs. nobody is saying we will definitely go to the superbowl even if we do somehow make the playoffs.

I have the worst feeling that Dallas runs the table. We eek out 1 maybe 2 wins. Eagles and Bills or Bears. If we lose Sunday, the snowball effect begins. If we win and I'm wrong about Dallas, things get interesting.

While I'd be devastated at the time, I'd prefer the devastating losses we are sure to face occur in the last two weeks of the season, rather than this weekend.

• Like 1

Cowboys remaining schedule:

Carolina

@Skins

@Packers

Jets

@Bills

Skins

As much as romoSUCKS might make the difference in winning games versus the close losses they endured in his absence, running that table, or even going 5-1, is going to be a very tall order.

I hope you're right. I hope they drop #8 on Thursday and get it over with. The last thing I want is them coming in high off beating Carolina.

• Like 1

Personally, I had no playoff expectations for this year. I still don't. If we make it, great. I wanted to see the roster improved through the draft. I wanted to see the wins increase. I wanted to see the team start to take the steps necessary to become a full time contender for the future. Baby steps. That's where I'm at. I said it at the beginning of the year. We need to crawl before we learn to walk. I want to give Scot another offseason to continue to mold the roster. One game at a time for me right now.

• Like 2

I don't get the point of these comparisons. 

Oh c'mon man.  In 2007, when the Skins were pretty much dead in the water, looking back to the  2005 run didn't give you some hope? 

It sure as hell at least makes me feel good that the Skins turning around this season is doable because a team that was much, much, worse off then us this time last year did the same thing.  If you take a sec to look into the 2014 Panthers, the similarities are uncanny. 

It's not scientific, I'll give you that, but it's something to at least spend a seconding ruminating about. 

We don't deserve to be in the playoffs - what's the point to go one and done with a season ending @ss whopping

i don't understand how any real fan could think this way... it's nonsense... progress is good and it starts with a game well played and young players stepping up... and the team showing character and resolve.... it's game to game to game.

PALOFFS IS NOW!