Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

It's possible the Skins can take the division, but at 8-4 and in this crappy conference, it seems it would take a mammoth collapse for Dallas to miss the postseason altogether.

Remember when we were 7-1 and at home in January?  And that other time in the late 90's where we were maybe the same record and ended up 9-7 and at home?

They deserve that kind of pain.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Remember when we were 7-1 and at home in January?  And that other time in the late 90's where we were maybe the same record and ended up 9-7 and at home?

Wasn't that both the same season (1996) lol.......

Having an additional playoff team per conference makes a big difference. Our recent streak puts us in good position, but its just tough to see one of the other teams on the fringes like the Eagles, 49ers, or Vikings going on a run to make it in over the Cowboys. Even if you told me the Cowboys will lose their last five games to finish 8-9, I'd still put their chances of making the postseason at over 50 percent. That's how wretched the conference is.

I think having a below .500 team make the playoffs is going to be the rule rather than the exception.

Edited by hail2skins

23 hours ago, hail2skins said:

It's possible the Skins can take the division, but at 8-4 and in this crappy conference, it seems it would take a mammoth collapse for Dallas to miss the postseason altogether.

We will have a lot to say about Dallas and if they collapse or not. If we can sweep them and run the table on our own we can take them. Longshot for sure but not impossible. Dallas still has Arizona left to play too.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:29 AM, Warhead36 said:

We still can’t fall below the 7 seed even with a loss this week

That is insane lol...I wonder how much closer to locking up a playoff birth we will be if we beat the Cowboys? Imagine having a 2-game lead over most of the other wildcard contenders AND also have the tiebreakers...

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That is insane lol...I wonder how much closer to locking up a playoff birth we will be if we beat the Cowboys? Imagine having a 2-game lead over most of the other wildcard contenders AND also have the tiebreakers...

I ran through the schedules of all the other Wild Card teams. 9-8 pretty much guarantees a playoff spot. 8-9 probably gets us in since we'd have the tiebreaker on almost everyone.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I ran through the schedules of all the other Wild Card teams. 9-8 pretty much guarantees a playoff spot. 8-9 probably gets us in since we'd have the tiebreaker on almost everyone.

Cool 👍...that's good to know. I normally do stuff like that but I guess I won't feel comfortable doing so until/unless we beat Dallas this upcoming game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Cool 👍...that's good to know. I normally do stuff like that but I guess I won't feel comfortable doing so until/unless we beat Dallas this upcoming game.

Honestly I'm not even sweating the Dallas game. I don't think we have much chance of winning with all our injuries and overall style of play, but its not a playoff death knell if we lose. Division death knell absolutely, but we're still in more than good enough position for a Wild Card.

And after all, you just gotta get into the tournament, than anything can happen.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the goal should be to be 6-6 heading into December. Then we have a legit shot at or 9-8 or 10-7 which should be good enough for the #7 seed. I think Cowboys and Giants pretty much have the 5 and 6 seeds locked down and Eagles will win the division. But after that the NFC is pretty bad. NFC West is terrible outside of the 49ers. NFC South is awful. 

Lets send all four teams in our division into the playoffs.

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

You guys are dreaming.  We should beat Jim Irsay next week but Minny and Philly will beat us.  Giants will at least split with us.

This.  Indy is 50/50 on winning.    Dallas and 49'ers will be a probable loss.  And there is the very real possibility the Giants sweep.

The loss to Detroit could come back to haunt this team.

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You guys are dreaming.  We should beat Jim Irsay next week but Minny and Philly will beat us.  Giants will at least split with us.

Yeah I think the big games are the two Giants games and the Cowboys game.

I'm counting Vikings, Eagles, and 49ers are sure fire losses.

Texans, Falcons, and Browns(even with Watson back, that team is bad)should be wins. 

So that leaves the Colts, Giants x 2, and Cowboys. We need to win at least 3/4 of these.

That'd put us at 9-8 which I do think could get us the #7 seed. Vikings will win the North. 49ers win West. South...who the heck knows, they're all bad. 

I'm not sure anyone else in the NFC that doesn't win their division finishes with 9 wins. Maybe the Seahawks if Geno actually is for real.